The Piass

the GazettE new album, "NINTH" release

hmmmm they'll get used to it or just suffer through, shows here are lit, I don't wanna hear about "the rules" from them(?)

last show I was at in chi headliner got kicked out for wildin too hard and then RAN back through the back of the building to keep playing till security literally chased everyone off the stage and closed the portage theater...

7 hours ago, platy said:

I wouldn't say it's mean, but just a fact. I've seen people say that they don't like japanese vk gigs because people act like it's a cult meeting , but I'd much rather that than having hundreds of cameras blocking my view and 7ft tall people jumping on my head and breaking the rules 'coz "they paid for it". 

Either way I hope GazettE will tour around more of Europe (not just France). Last time they came over was 2007 and I need to see them before they disband. 

I find mean bashing the foreign fans during your shows in Japan, he's like "thank god you japanese fans are here we love you so much, cause the rest of the world is so disrespectful!!" 

It's a shitty thing to do to me, but eh that's Ruki after all, he's known to be a diva

Edited by Kiryu999

I seem to recall years ago that Ruki wasn't interested in touring the west, so he may have gone into it with negative expectations anyway. I saw one clip of him telling a crowd to be quiet before they started the next song, which... usually isn't how western audiences work. 

Edited by Saishu

On 25/08/2017 at 10:21 AM, Kiryu999 said:

Yeah, after the world tour in 2016, he said mean stuff about foreign fans during MC of lives in Japan. How we are disrespectful, don't follow the rules etc..

He's not wrong though, they actually had to ask people to not record their shows and people ignored them still. Rules are rules, and if they're broken, the band have every right to think we're disrespectful

trying to enforce the dumbass ''rules'' of the vk scene overseas is a ridiculous idea anyway tbf', but i feel like we've seen this discussion before already

On 8/25/2017 at 5:21 AM, Kiryu999 said:

Yeah, after the world tour in 2016, he said mean stuff about foreign fans during MC of lives in Japan. How we are disrespectful, don't follow the rules etc..

I have a very good feeling that Ruki is overreacting, as celebrities are wont to do.

5 hours ago, Kuroha said:

hope they release it in BD and DVD soon <3

They won't. They said that the streaming of this live at BIAB was the only time they would show it to people

Edited by Kiryu999

All Ima say is this....

There's a been a bad trend of people getting uber hype for a GazettE album, with some false hopes that it'll be something totally innovative and new and then get bummed out and turn super negative when its not.

the Gazette has shown us time and time again that Visuals and aesthetics don't mean much when it comes to their music so in that aspect, that trailer did nothing for me. 

I'm just happy they gonna drop some music soon and keeping my expectations at a minimum. 

Edited by Ro plz

I honestly don't care if they talk shit or not as long as they've played a good show for me. They are the band that single handedly pulled me into the VK scene when I was growing up. Come here. Take my money. Rock out. Go home. I odn't need to know anything outside of that. As for the album, I'm just hype they are making new music. Like most of their albums after DIM, I'll probably be hype over it. Play the shit out of it for 1-2 months and then throw it into the rest of the Gazette files for nostalgia purposes months and years down the road. 

I've been counting their albums in my head recently bc. "the nine" as a title lowkey didn't make sense

until I #re:alized I completely forgot Toxic existed

(I would've honestly preferred for things to remain this way, but well.)

if you're making flashcards, DIVISION had a cool piv with two underwater hoes in kimonos

beautiful deformity had CODA, which is like their best track in that entire 3 album stretch

toxic is the black hole of their discog tho tbh

contrary, i loved toxic and division

while i was never bothered to give a 2nd listen to beautiful deformity (so so boring).

dogma could've been something great and tight ...

but it wasnt something that interesting after all.

im sure gazette will make something hype-y worth a while.

...which will last for only a couple of weeks max ? 

all in my opinion.

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

if you're making flashcards, DIVISION had a cool piv with two underwater hoes in kimonos

beautiful deformity had CODA, which is like their best track in that entire 3 album stretch

toxic is the black hole of their discog tho tbh

You're not wrong. And while I like Coda, I think Yoin is the best song out of those three albums. 

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Toxic, Division, and Beautiful Deformity all blend into one big mess for me. 

I haven't listened to any of them. I saw the PV for whatever one of those came first and it put me off gazette for the full three albums until I heard that DOGMA was a thing, although I think  I bought division at one point but  it gathered dust until I gave it to a charity shop. The curse was passed on.

22 hours ago, Kiryu999 said:

They won't. They said that the streaming of this live at BIAB was the only time they would show it to people

Why would they do that, especially since the live commentates their 15th anniversary? Why do they hate money?

10 hours ago, platanity said:

contrary, i loved toxic and division

while i was never bothered to give a 2nd listen to beautiful deformity (so so boring).

dogma could've been something great and tight ...

but it wasnt something that interesting after all.

im sure gazette will make something hype-y worth a while.

...which will last for only a couple of weeks max ? 

all in my opinion.

My practically exact thoughts. 

I think Toxic is underrated and, minus a few duds,  featured a lot of songs with memorable melodies and riffs and solid song writing.

Division was unfocused and their concept didn't really stick with me. A lot of tracks sounded sloppy or unfinished and had me wishing they spent just a little more time coming up with better melodies and flow. There ARE some great songs on here as is though and there were some shining moments instrumentally here and there.

Beautiful Deformity is like a mash of Toxic and Division with solid production but with not much memorable content. 

I thought Dogma was a step in the right direction but I too found it to be overrated. I like that they were able to put their heavy sound on the forefront but I think it suffered from a lack of interesting riffs or ideas. Ruki really brought everything he had on this album though and it was much appreciated return to form.