The Piass

己龍 (Kiryu) new maxi-single "情ノ華/朧月夜" (Jou no Ka / Oborozukiyo) and best album "二〇〇七~二〇一七" (2007~2017) release

i'm also picking up on abnormally heavy synth work on jou no hana, although i'm guessing most of the trad instrumentation they use is synthesized too, lol

gotta do it 4 da animez!

3 hours ago, seikun said:

While I think they are talented I also think their music is saturated with synthetic sounds to the point you can barely hear the guitars and bass. Do those instruments even matter for the entire band?

To be fair, the sound quality is pretty shit. 

I bet in the actual CD, it'll sound much better and the guitars will be clearer

3 hours ago, seikun said:

While I think they are talented I also think their music is saturated with synthetic sounds to the point you can barely hear the guitars and bass. Do those instruments even matter for the entire band?

I feel like they've always been using synth traditional instruments throughout their entire career, but I may be mistaken on that one. Anyway, it's kind of an 'essential' part of the sound, and you get used to it. It'd be cool if they could get some dedicated full-time members playing those instruments for real though, but I feel like there don't seem to be all that many people out there who do and who'd also want to play in a VK band...

Edited by Tokage

49 minutes ago, Tokage said:

I feel like they've always been using synth traditional instruments throughout their entire career, but I may be mistaken on that one. Anyway, it's kind of an 'essential' part of the sound, and you get used to it. It'd be cool if they could get some dedicated full-time members playing those instruments for real though, but I feel like there don't seem to be all that many people out there who do and who'd also want to play in a VK band...

Yeah, Mucc tried that once and one of them was just a snake who left before doing anything because all he wanted to do was be in a band, and the other had to leave because his family didn't approve of VisualKei. It was a Shakuhachi and Shamisen player, but I can't remember which was which. 

Also, yeah, they've been using them since the beginning, though the amount used has increased over time, as well as the samples themselves having improved much over the years. In their early stuff, the samples along with the types of instruments varied a lot (Jubakuai and Onigokko using different samples for the same instrument, the Shakuhachi) and often sounded fake as hell.

Now, I sometimes question whether the Koto and Shakuhachi are samples because the Koto sounds very real, and it sounds like the Shakuhachi is playing really hard to synthesise techniques. The Shamisen though is obviously still fake because it often plays way too fast (even for Tsugaru Shamisen, which are made for speed) and it sounds too inbetween a Tsugaru and a Jiuta style. (if you want to look examples of those up, Tsugaru is 津軽 and Jiuta is 地唄)
Basically, I don't think they'd need real studio musicians. Plus, some songs take advantage of the fact they're just samples and not the real thing anyway.

While most traditional musicians wouldn't want to do VisualKei, it's not entirely impossible. There was a VisualKei band once made up of professional traditional Japanese musicians. CrowXClass. Wagakki Band fans will recognise their vocalist and ex. Shakuhachi player (they had 2 Shakuhachi players), those being Kurona and Daisuke Kaminaga (who went by stage name Hibiki) respectively. Michiaki Shirata (Who went by the stage name Kanade) was the Shamisen player and he actually provided the Shamisen for the Naruto soundtrack (whom Kurona's brother also did Taiko for). The Taiko drummer was Hidemasa Hanahara (stage name Saku) from MUGEN. Now their Koto player, Shion, no one knows exactly who he is. It's usually assumed to be Kiyoshi Ibukuro (who is also in Wagakki), but another possibility is Shin Ichikawa, a lesser known Koto player that used to preform with Kurona a lot, and plays in a group with one of the Yoshida brothers. The band suddenly went inactive in 2016 for no reason. They didn't have as many fans, since they were an indie band, and had only one poor excuse for an album. I say poor excuse because it's not even long enough to be an album. Only 7 songs. 7 really good songs though. 

They announced a 2nd album on an official interview and said they'd release it at a certain live, but no sight of it is anywhere. Not their itunes, youtube, or even their official website (which ironically links the interview). So we're left with 7 songs + 2 only released on Youtube + a few unreleased ones that only exist as live footage.

But anyway,

tl;dr: If Kiryu wanted real traditional musicians, they could look no further than the ex members of CrowXClass (minus Kurona or Hibiki since they joined Wagakki and possibly minus Shion if he's actually Kiyoshi)

i almost cried while watching Jou no Ka,because i simply loved their music so much,that video made me feel like back in 2013 

when i was used to go to school listening Kyousei and the whole shuka ensen album

as i said before,it's nothing new but so nostalgic...sad that everything they did after Aien Kien didn't grow on me

Edited by Manji 卍

3 hours ago, AimiGen7 said:

Mucc tried that once

i always thought that bit was mostly a joke / 'hang out w/ the band' promo
afaik you had to buy a certain number of mucc CDs and i think it was all types to enter; doesn't sound like something they'd require of finding new musicians lol

def appreciate that CrowXClass infodump tho~
& for the record the main vocalist's old band 華風月 is much better than wagakki, imho

7 minutes ago, diryangrey said:

afaik you had to buy a certain number of mucc CDs and i think it was all types to enter; doesn't sound like something they'd require of finding new musicians lol

& for the record the main vocalist's old band 華風月 is much better than wagakki, imho

Yes! 華風月 was what I was thinking of when I mentioned Shin Ichikawa, since he and the other CrowXClass members (minus Saku) were in that. Though there were also times Kiyoshi preformed in it. 
Though I have way more reasons to believe Shion is Shin due to their playing styles and use of 13 string Kotos lol. But that'd be diverging too far form the main topic lol.

Also I remember reading an article about Mucc gaining two members, and them leaving soon after. I'll have to dig it up

11 minutes ago, diryangrey said:

http://www.en.barks.jp/news/?id=1000003118 Here is the article on it. You'll probably know more than I do though, so perhaps you can provide more backstory

5 minutes ago, AimiGen7 said:

You'll probably know more than I do though

hahaha i definitely don't KNOW more this is 100% just me guessing from when i read the articles but given the parts about 'buying various products' & 'eligible to apply for gifts,' i wouldn't be surprised if the ~grand prize~ was something along the lines of 「hang out w/ the band, we'll take pictures like an official photoshoot, you can pick instruments to say you play, and come up w/ your own reason for leaving the band we'll tell everyone like it's real.」

15 hours ago, Kiryu999 said:

All tracks on disc 1 and the first to sixth tracks on disc 2 from the best album are re-recorded

Some of these were re-recorded already. Are they new re-recordings (re-re-recordings) or re-releases?

Anyway, that's a little bit sad. I always wanted to listen to the original version of "Another side" on the clean-legit-320 way... ;A;

4 hours ago, IGM_Oficial said:

Some of these were re-recorded already. Are they new re-recordings (re-re-recordings) or re-releases?

Anyway, that's a little bit sad. I always wanted to listen to the original version of "Another side" on the clean-legit-320 way... ;A;

I don't know, I saw the info on the website of some vk shops, they didn't mention anything else about the re-recording

Found the rerecording info here: http://www.neowing.co.jp/product/BPRVD-272.

己龍のベストアルバム! [Ctype]は、ブックレット32P付き。 ※Btypeと内容共通 ※CD収録内容は全タイプ共通 ※DISC1の全曲と、DISC2の1~6までは再録です。

Slightly more interested in this release now but I'm pretty skeptical.