suji

Devil Kitty Gt.Akina & Ba.Ruchi hospitalized, new single postponed, + activity pause

Devil Kitty Gt.Akina has been hospitalized due to his poor condition, which was found to be caused by a cerebral infarction (blockage or narrowing of arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the brain; ie. a stroke), and the band has cancelled their lives from their tour schedule, which included a performance on Aug 29, and later in November. As for other live dates, the rest of the members will continue to perform in Akina's abscence.

As a result, their single, "裁きの悪魔" (sabaki no akuma) (due for release on Nov 1), has been postponed; the band will make another announcement about their activities in December, depending on Akina's condition.

【DEVIL KITTYよりお知らせ】
2017年8月11日(金)Akinaが体調不良により病院にて診察を受けましたところ、医師より脳梗塞の為、二週間以上の入院が必要とのことでした。
協議の結果、以下のスケジュールをキャンセル、リリースを延期とさせて頂きます。

「キャンセル日程」
■2017年8月29日■
HOLIDAY SHINJUKU
■2017年11月1日■
池袋Black Hole
■2017年11月8日■
巣鴨獅子王
■2017年11月14日■
目黒鹿鳴館
■2017年11月20日■
新宿club SCIENCE

「リリース延期」
■2017年11月1日発売■
CD Single 「裁きの悪魔」

その他の決定しているスケジュールに関しましては4人での活動となります。
12月以降の活動につきましてはAkinaの体調を考慮しつつ、随時オフィシャルホームページにてお知らせさせて頂きます。

楽しみにして頂いていた皆様、関係各位様には、ご心配とご迷惑をおかけ致します事を心より深くお詫び申し上げます。

https://devil-kitty.com/contents/113643

wtf he literally just joined that sucks for yuuga and co. :((

hopefully they continue onward, they were great as a 1 guitar band so i'm guessing this is out of respect for akina? they don't really need him

Poor Akina. I was really hopeful for him after everything with Egoist, I hope this is something he can recover from given time.

7 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

:( that sucks! Hopefully he feels better soon. Is that a condition that gets better, or is it a chronic thing?

This is actually really serious. A third of the people who get a cerebral infarction die. I hope they caught it early.

14 hours ago, Zeus said:

This is actually really serious. A third of the people who get a cerebral infarction die. I hope they caught it early.

Yes that is a horrible true :( I really hope he stay better, he is young and a really good guitar player :( 

Soooo this was almost a month ago. Has anyone heard anything yet? I'd go digging through the other members' twitter, but I don't speak Japanese and google translations are basically useless when you're trying to figure out more than just the topic of conversation... 

Based on ruchi and Majyu's twitters, it looks like they're still performing. They just had a show at Ikebukuro EDGE yesterday.

Akina's twitter hasn't been updated in over a month, however, so I'm assuming he's still out of commission. 

Ruchi has now been hospitalized, and he has been diagnosed with colon diverticulitus (An inflammation or infection in one or more small pouches in the digestive tract) after taking IV and CT scans. He is estimated to be in the hospital for 2-10 wks, so his session appearance on Oct 31 has been cancelled.

This band just can't catch a goddamn break...

*Corrections are welcome.