jiji94

heyyo newbie here

Y'all can call me Jae or Shi, I haven't used forums in forever so nicknames are a little odd. I'm 23, from middle of nowhere Canada. Found this forum randomly while looking up stuff on visual kei bands on and off over the past few years. I've been a  filthy casual fan since about 2007 but stopped listening to most vk bands in 2011 (Isshi's death was mad hard on me, yo). I got back into Japanese music in 2013 but have been corrupted by a lot of the new indie/alternative rock bands so mainly listen to stuff like Sakanaction and Suchmos but also am a huge PTP fan. I'm obsessed with Susumu Hirasawa and he is ruining my life. I've worked a lot with Japanese exchange students and my interest in a wide variety of music has helped them to really connect with me.  I hate most J-pop with a passion though, much to their dismay.

Bands I've liked/loved a lot are BUCK-TICK, X, Plastic Tree, Malice Mizer, Kagrra. I still listen to all these bands almost daily. I don't know crap about new bands or anything really past 2011 but after talking with a Japanese student who likes many of the newer bands I thought I should try getting back into vk.

Suchmos' KIDS was pretty good- er, I mean,

Welcome to Monochrome Heaven!

Feel free and get caught up to speed, as you've missed quite a lot in the scene.

We have TONS of topics where you may participate, so for now, make yourself at home.

Any questions, feel free to PM anyone with a Blue or Red username.

Welcome back to VK.

Sakanaction??? Suchmos??? Susumu Hirasawa??? Hell yeah! We could always use more indie fans around here! Welcome to the forum and I hope you like it here! :D 

If you're ever in need of recommendations, we've got you covered!

Haha, thanks guys! I could always do with some recommendations considering how long it's been. :D Just kicking myself I didn't join sooner.