ficsci

Bad visual kei vocalists

Holy crap that sounds awful. This fits in Champ's playlist of horrible indie bands.

LOL, Re:dis vocalist is terrible. Also, I don't like D=OUT vocalist. Sorry fans :mrgreen:

+1 for Hikari as well.

Also, Fu~ki from Blood. I don't see why people who like Blood are upset that he's not their vocalist anymore (although their new one seems to be on the same level).

Jin.

Whoever was in Ruminia's latest project after Kreuz Schwert.

Also, Fu~ki from Blood. I don't see why people who like Blood are upset that he's not their vocalist anymore (although their new one seems to be on the same level).

people who like Blood

people who like Blood

people who like Blood

people who like Blood

These people exist?!

Actually, I did. Until around 2005 when things went really downhill. I didn't mind Fu-ki either, though he never was brilliant or anything.

Actually, I did. Until around 2005 when things went really downhill. I didn't mind Fu-ki either, though he never was brilliant or anything.

I always thought they were on par with... um, who was it, Noir Fleurir in terms of horrificness. But Noir Fleurir had a quirky absurdity about them that sort of made them fun. :hyper:

I always thought they were on par with... um, who was it, Noir Fleurir in terms of horrificness. But Noir Fleurir had a quirky absurdity about them that sort of made them fun. :hyper:

Dunno, some of their 1st and 2nd period stuff wasn't all bad, though rather badly produced. But I still enjoy songs like Maria, Hypocrite or Byakuya.

Found this thread accidentally and must say, that it describes at some parts the truth IMHO, because "good vocals in visual kei" is now virtually very close to an oxymoron. :lol: They always sound annoyingly whiny -_- Here are some examples:

- all of Under Code and oshare kei

- Otogi (Awoi) - granted that they have good music (guitars and drums), but the vocals are just awkward, the main reason why I couldn't get into them.

- Tatsurou (Mucc) - Just NO!!! He sounds really gross for me! The basic reason why I'm not into this band. I remebmer giving a shot some of their albums, coz I've read on the net how good they are. Maybe he didn't sound always bad, but for example, when I hear the Libra chrous I imeddiatly want to puke.

Also even if I enjoy Sadie's music, Mao's vocals sometimes annoy me too.

Overall I think that for me that's another good reason to be glad moving into non-VK indies and other Japanese music.

Found this thread accidentally and must say, that it describes at some parts the truth IMHO, because "good vocals in visual kei" is now virtually very close to an oxymoron. :lol: They always sound annoyingly whiny -_- Here are some examples:

- all of Undercore and oshare kei

- Otogi (Awoi) - granted that they have good music (guitars and drums), but the vocals are just awkward, the main reason why I couldn't get into them.

- Tatsurou (Mucc) - Just NO!!! He sounds really gross for me! The basic reason why I'm not into this band. I remebmer giving a shot some of their albums, coz I've read on the net how good they are. Maybe he didn't sound always bad, but for example, when I hear the Libra chrous I imeddiatly want to puke.

Overall I think that for me that's another good reason to be glad moving into non-VK indies and other Japanese music.

wow of all the people to pick... but your opinion. I think Tatsurou and Awoi's vocalist are pretty great. And Mao is pretty boring and uninteresting singer but never had any issues with his voice.

\

Also the vocalist from D'espairs Ray he's pretty bad sometimes.

Really? Your homework is to find an example of where he sounds pretty bad. And no a D'ray demo tape doesn't count. good luck! : P

You have to be fucking trolling.

Hizumi? Tatsurou?

WTF.

If you consider them bad....god knows what you think of obscure vocalists like Maria, or relatively unkown indie bands...

the singer of Born, how much i love the band, live is just really really bad, really hopes he improves fast!

Hyde, live he's just a mess, really too bad since i love his solo/vamps work, larc is just not my thing.

D=Out singer, awful voice, cant stand it for longer then 5 seconds

ive heared many unkown bands with bad singers, but these are the 3 that stand out for me

You have to be fucking trolling.

Hizumi? Tatsurou?

WTF.

If you consider them bad....god knows what you think of obscure vocalists like Maria, or relatively unkown indie bands...

*sigh* No offence, but I think that you need to correct your glasses! I just dislike Mucc's vocals because it sound too whiney for me, not a big matter. But tell me where did I say anything bad about Hizumi?! I really like him, he IS a good singer and I consider him as one of exceptions in VK. Besides I haven't posted any single word that insults the fanbases.

And FYI I'm not listening to these Indies you mentioned. Seriously, that's my opinion, dude. Deal with it.

actually. i think i do need glasses LOL. i swore i saw hizumi in there, so i was like WTF...

My statement retracted (except the tatsurou part, he may not be amazing, but i wouldnt classify him as bad by any means... lol)

@ you with tatsuro and otogi.

there is a difference between "i don't like a voice personally" with

"he doesn't have a good voice objectively".

i do think indeed otogi and tatsuro are weird , unique voices.

but they do have voice to sing/talent .

(you can also have a good voice that you don't know how to use well/need to learn.

or you can have a bad voice but you know how to used it, to have good result and good song.)

i do think indeed otogi and tatsuro are weird , unique voices.

but they do have voice to sing/talent .

Perfectly said. Tatsurou is an acquired taste so I can understand why someone would dislike the vocals.

\

Also the vocalist from D'espairs Ray he's pretty bad sometimes.

Really? Your homework is to find an example of where he sounds pretty bad. And no a D'ray demo tape doesn't count. good luck! : P

He sounded terrible on parts of MONSTERS (like DEATH POINT and some notes on abyss for example). You could hear that his voice was going by that time though so I don't personally hold it against him.

i know Hizumi sounded like shit on vrock fest, but a lot of singers who normally sound great (Ishi/Kaggra, Jyou/Exist Trace, Natsuki/-OZ-)sounded bad there, so i dont know what was going on there XD

other then that i cant remember anytime that Hizumi sounded bad

The only person that come to mind off of the top of my mind is the vocalist from GHOST. Every time I hear him sing I question why I have their music on my ipod.