ficsci

Bad visual kei vocalists

Like someone said it would be easier to name the good ones, I was joking with a friend the other day that it's a pre-requisite to sound like some kind of dying/mating animal if you're going to be one and as a listener you're pretty much choosing whether you like the sound of goats, oxs, sheep, pigs, cats, demented frogs from hell etc. better (I'm quite partial to cats and the frogs from hell). That said at best most of the people listed aren't really that bad (my own nominations included) imo but that's probably because I'm comparing with once you go into really crappy indies territory or into other musical voids of despair aside from vk where I really think there's helluva alot worse.

At any rate, two that haven't been named that I personally am not that fond of though I'm sure it's pretty unpopular opinion around these parts are:

hizumi (D'espairsray) - main reason I can never get into them. With the exception of 2 songs It just doesn't click for me. I'm probably the only person I know of that it doesn't though.

Tatsurou (MUCC) - granted I really love Gokusai Mucc and some songs here and there from other eras. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think he sounded like he was doing some kind of goat mating call most of the time and while in the past it didn't bother me that much I'm starting to find, especially with recent material, that it's becoming more unbearable to my ears.

I like how all of these bad threads are pretty much "Complain about groups you don't like" threads. I think it would save a bunch of time to just make a communal bitch thread.

Hehe, good topic with plenty of potential candidates.

My personal nomination would be for the guy from Himeyuri / PARADEIS.

Forget about the music and just listen to him. Possibly the whiniest, most off-key, nasally drag queen alive. But people still really like them.

Ude3loN_izw

I realize this will most likely incur the wrath of "Herpes" on me, haha

PLEASE MAKE IT STOPP!!!!

Kyo (Dir en Grey)

URRRFACEPALM.gif

>Kyo in a VK vocalist thread

what a surprise

that girl from Decola Hopping is pretty bad. Well, her "screams" at least

Honestly, Emiru is one of my fav Oshare vocalists.....his voice is so damn unique. The bad visual kei vocalist living in our peaceful EARTH has to be a ducky voice guy- Takeru :arg: My sister living in Japan is addicted to this guy which I have no idea why she's so obsessed with Takeru's voice :oro: No need to say that I'm Anti-Takeru as well as SuGy :hug:

tumblr_ldxtf4P45W1qe8mq5.gif

Byou...byo... what ever. Yeah the guy from Screw. Listen to X-rays and bare an awful vocal performance, coupled with filters, distortions and what not.

Lc5's first song proved that the guy has absolutely zero vocal range.

Ai from Deathgaze. Sounds like he has a sock in his throat.

Mashiro.

Sharaku ( ? ) from Metronome. I don't know how any of you stand this guy? Might as well 98% of the vocalists on these " Bliip Bloop " angura bands. Then add 80% of the kotekote vocalists that giggled and cried on tape for the sake of being cool.

I like how all of these bad threads are pretty much "Complain about groups you don't like" threads. I think it would save a bunch of time to just make a communal bitch thread.

I have a better one for you:

I like how people complain about the content of these discussion threads, yet they never (or rarely) bother posting any discussion threads of their own. If you have a problem with it, don't simply post a negative anti-thread comment, go post some discussion threads of your own. And this goes FOR EVERYONE.

Right. I feel you, but that comment wasn't really necessary. All comments like that do is serve to hinder or derail the discussion at hand (like what we're doing right now). Besides, you were pretty much stating the obvious. I mean....what else would you expect to see in a thread about "bad" vocalists? "Bad" is a subjective term so of course people are gonna complain/talk about vocalists they don't like.

All I'm saying is - Instead of taking the time to post some negative sentiment in a thread, why not go post a thread that you feel won't have a "predictable" outcome? (rhetorical question btw)

..I say...every vkei vocalist ever is bad. I feel that to be truly Vkei they have got to be bad.

But there are degrees of bad. Which is why some bands MAKE it, others not so much.

I dunno...How are you guys judging the vocals here anyway? I mean alright..someone like Mashiro is bad...I mean hes whiny, nasal, off-tune, pronounces his words like he is chewing something..

Shou of Alice nine you also listed as bad. But the reason you gave is that his voice grates your nerves.. Except he does sing on tune, not always, but he works on it.

Kyo is often praised by people for his "singing ability" ...And I'm a fan of Dir en grey..was..but I never considered him amazing at "singing". Hes good at being an emotional outlet for their songs.

I mean being a vocalist is more than just singing ability..its how one expresses emotion, and over all controls the feeling of the song through his voice. Its a tough topic. And if were talking about the WORST then its easier to really just say 98% of vkei just plain sucks. Because being emo and sad and whiny, is way to easy if 99.9% of your audience are people who are into moping around feeling sorry for themselves.

I'm more interested to see who you would list as the BEST.

..I say...every vkei vocalist ever is bad. I feel that to be truly Vkei they have got to be bad.

But there are degrees of bad. Which is why some bands MAKE it, others not so much.

I dunno...How are you guys judging the vocals here anyway? I mean alright..someone like Mashiro is bad...I mean hes whiny, nasal, off-tune, pronounces his words like he is chewing something..

Shou of Alice nine you also listed as bad. But the reason you gave is that his voice grates your nerves.. Except he does sing on tune, not always, but he works on it.

Kyo is often praised by people for his "singing ability" ...And I'm a fan of Dir en grey..was..but I never considered him amazing at "singing". Hes good at being an emotional outlet for their songs.

I mean being a vocalist is more than just singing ability..its how one expresses emotion, and over all controls the feeling of the song through his voice. Its a tough topic. And if were talking about the WORST then its easier to really just say 98% of vkei just plain sucks. Because being emo and sad and whiny, is way to easy if 99.9% of your audience are people who are into moping around feeling sorry for themselves.

I figure I'd pipe in and say I agree with you and how most Rock music isn't about having a perfect voice anyway. :wink:

Maria Cross.

And I hate listening to Jin from Nega. Byou from SCREW is pretty damn awful too.

I figure I'd pipe in and say I agree with you and how most Rock music isn't about having a perfect voice anyway. :wink:

Yeah this is why I think people need to redefine what they mean by BAD. Because I'm seeing a few things at the same time happening. People naming people that ARE BAD, and people naming vocalists that they just DON"T LIKE. Those are two different things. There may be vocalists I don't like, but if they hold their own on stage I'll give them at least some credit.

Maria Cross.

And I hate listening to Jin from Nega. Byou from SCREW is pretty damn awful too.

Actually, I think Jin's voice is so sexy ;)........but I totally agree with ya for the beauty Maria Cross :3

Yuuri from Irokui. (I don't necessarily think his voice is awful, it's just that it gets boring really quick, there's nothing behind it)

Yuuki from UnsraW (the music is alright, vocals are yuck)

At the moment I can only think of one guy who definitely needs to go in this topic:

That guy from Re:dis (I think his name was Ryuuji or something). I like the band but the singer, wow. He's just horrible at screaming. He's got the regular VK singing voice (as in, sounds like almost everyone else) but when he screams it just sounds like a cat getting ran over, surviving, then getting ran over again. The guy needs to stop.

I have to say, I still hate Sharaku's high-pitched voice ( the one he does in Computer, for example ), but then I like his voice in FLOPPY and when he does a deeper voice, like in Cuckoo

Clearly you made a mistake, idiot is on the playlist!
Asagi - not really bad, maybe even tolerable for some . . . but he does particularly grate on my ears

Wow, I didn't expect someone may mention him here... he's one of the best visual kei vocalists in my opinion...

And I think he's fairly bad as well, so that makes two. D:

three. he's awful. and there are far more bad ones than good ones. so i won't even bother listing any, lol.