yakihiko

RAZOR

Going off their tweets looks like they're recording (or have recorded I cant read japanese lol) a music video and are gonna start announcing probably more music soon tm

I just discovered these guys, and I'm pleasantly surprised! I haven't really tried them till now because I didn't like BORN whatsoever when they were around (especially the vocals), but somehow the singer's perfectly okay here. The instrumentals are really competent too, not overdoing the heaviness, it's just a good balance all around. The songs are pretty neat/fun and there are actual memorable riffs, which is always a plus, lol.

Listening to their stuff in reverse-chronological order and haven't heard anything I particularly dislike, so gonna keep an eye on them from now on. ^^

Edited by Jigsaw9

I haven't been listening much to Razor. I did listen to their last mini-album, which I thought was fine. But the newest single, Undo, caught my attention with all three songs being solid tracks. When listening to the single, I could only imagine how exciting and fun it would be to hear all three songs at a live because of the amount of energy packed into each piece. It will probably be my favorite release by them until I listen to the rest of their past discography and perhaps find something new. Definitely going to keep an eye on this band :D 

This is what Ryoga could have always been doing if he had a band with real musicians. I always loved his voice and tried my best to tolerate Born's music without much success and finally I can say that I almost fuck with what he is doing. 

After their Liquid Vain they became a bit bland for me and I wasn't very much into their releases, though they were very enjoyable. Undo definitely caught back my attention. It's a really solid single.

The 3 songs in UNDO are amazing, my favorite was NEW ANSWER followed by Undo, they just keep better and better.. I'm very surprised considering it's a new band just formed recently. The concert DVD is also amazing, it has basically all the discography in it hehehe because it has 24 songs, and all my favorites were in it, such as PINOCCHIO, BRILLIANT and all the songs from KNOT INVISIBLE, the quality is very good although it is DVD, the energy on the audience is great, Ryoga is a great frontman.

14 minutes ago, deedlitmurata said:

I'm very surprised considering it's a new band just formed recently

Well theyve all been around for a long time but I agree it's amazing stuff

Set list for their live stream (live has just finished, there will be a short talk later)

RAZOR 7th ONEMAN TOUR 掟破り LIVE STREAM「狼煙」

掟 (SE)

01 狼煙

02 明日もし僕がどこかで朽ちて

03 LIQUID VAIN

04 デラシネーション

SE〜MC

05 DNA

06 イノセンス

SE

07 木枯らしの詩

08 神様のアイロニー (I think, one of many new songs so not 100% sure)

09 STARS

SE〜MC

10 完全無欠

11 千年ノ色彩

12 嫌、嫌、嫌。

13 埋葬

MC

14 邂逅

15 PRIMARY

1 hour ago, Shmilly said:

El archivo para la transmisión en vivo está disponible ahora. No estoy seguro de cuánto tiempo durará, así que tómalo mientras puedas.

audio and video are out of date later

On 21/5/2020 at 12:12, Shmilly said:

Establecer la lista para su transmisión en vivo (en vivo acaba de terminar, habrá una breve charla más adelante)

RAZOR 7º TOUR ONEMAN 掟 破 り STREAM EN VIVO 「狼煙」

掟 (SE)

01 狼煙

02 明日 も し 僕 が ど こ か で 朽 ち て

03 VANO LÍQUIDO

04 デ ラ シ ネ ー シ ョ ン

SE〜MC

05 ADN

06 イ ノ セ ン ス

SE

07 木 枯 ら し の 詩

08 神 様 の ア イ ロ ニ ー (Creo que es una de las muchas canciones nuevas, así que no estoy 100% seguro)

09 ESTRELLAS

SE〜MC

10 完全 無 欠

11 千年 ノ 色彩

12 嫌 、 嫌 、 嫌。

13 埋葬

MC

14 邂逅

15 PRIMARIO

Here the tracklist

21 hours ago, 123Sandman321 said:

RAZOR have been a bit stale the last couple of years, but Okite is pretty much AOTY material, with STARS being probably the best thing they've ever done.

I've got to admit I did really like "MAD INVISIBLE" even if that wasn't an entirely "new" song. But yeah I feel ya on that one tbh, the full on bangers have been much fewer and further between after the core.