Sign in to follow this  
suji

SuG will disband

those gig tickets weren't selling fast enough, were they???

I appreciate this charitable decision tho, the up and coming mediocre faves Initial'L deserve rundown and tired mediocre faves steering clear off the spotlight

Edited by nekkichi

Didn't they already do this once before tho

Omg no, I really wanted to see them but sadly I can't make it to Budokan.

I wish them all the best though.

On 31/07/2017 at 1:55 PM, Mihi said:

Does this mean more Uwakimono or was that just a one time thing? 

I really hope we get more Uwakimono.

SuG has been on an indefinite hiatus before (lasted 1~2 years I think), so I'm not too worried...Whatever they need to recharge.

From jpopasia:

SuG vocalist Takeru does not believe the band will be making a comeback in the future, stating that the band will "in fact break up".

On August 15, Takeru held a release event in Tokyo for his new book "VISION LIFE STYLE BOOK". The singer responded to questions about SuG's recent announcement that it will be going on indefinite hiatus.

"I don't think there's any possibility of the members [coming back]. Some of the members will continue making music, while others will quit making music altogether," Takeru said.

In 2012, SuG left its old label PS Company, and went on hiatus as a result. The band resumed its activities in 2013. Some fans expressed hope that a similar situation would occur with the band's latest hiatus.

Takeru denied that there was any internal strife among the band's members which led to it breaking up. Instead, the singer said the members had accomplished everything it could with the band, and that they were ready to move on to new things.

SuG will be performing at Nippon Budokan on September 2 to celebrate the band's 10th anniversary. Following the concert, the band will disband.

:lolita_sad:

I did thought their hiatus might lead to a disbandment but I didn't think it would happen really happen and also this fast.. that's sad but I hope for them to find new projects in the future

I am really sad, I love them since 2008 ;_____;

I can listen to their whole discography without skipping any song ;____;

Their latest EP AGAKU was amazing ;___;

I wonder which members will quit from music activities...

Sign in to follow this