Open Club  ·  31 members

GOTH CLUB
Sign in to follow this  
Tokage

[GOTH] Post your faves

Use this thread to share your current faves, recent discoveries, recs, etc.!

Basically, linkspam central. I'm gonna start off with a few of my own:

P-MODEL

Spoiler

An essential. Fronted by the legendary Susumu Hirasawa, this band is up there with YMO as one of Japan's most iconic new wave bands. Pretty much their entire discography is worth listening to. Be warned though, as the electronic elements become much more dominant on later albums.

Lizard

Spoiler

Spazzy post-punk with synths. I've seen some people comparing this to early Devo. I can sort of see where they're coming from.

G-Schmitt

Spoiler

Gloomy female-fronted post-punk / gothic rock band. I get the impression they're relatively well-known in western circles at this point. Their vocalist Syoko has also released a couple of solo records. 

MADAME EDWARDA

Spoiler

I'd say they're among the most famous Japanese goth rock bands along with AUTO-MOD. Real good stuff. Really wish they'd release more though... Three official albums in over 30 years just isn't enough.

Daisuck & Prostitute

Spoiler

These guys rode the no wave train and rode it HARD. At times they sound just like a Japanese version of James Chance & The Contortions. Skronky sax, deranged rhythms.. Very good stuff.

My fav song by goth queen Luci'fer Luscious Violenoue (come back!!! :tw_cry:)- SAERAPHITA

Spoiler

PHAIDIA - DARK SIDE

Spoiler

黒色エレジー (Kokushoku Elegy) - Sun Stroke. Amazing goth band often compared to siouxsie and the banshees. their singer died recently... RIP

Spoiler

Art Marju Duchain - Demon est Deus inversus For how long they were active they released almost nothing. A shame. VAMQUET is good though, but different.

Spoiler

On 6/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, secret_no_03 said:

As far as stuff not mentioned here, I'm a big fan of Roses of Dead Essences, Libido, ALLERGY, and silenthead.

I've been diving deep into Libido's work lately and finally picked up 'My Private Sun' on CD.
Do you happen to know anything about those VHS tapes that came out before / after Narita Miu passed away? I've only ever seen it mentioned here:

Also, Libido's ex guitarist covers Libido songs here with this other guitarist.
Some more videos here as well: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQddLQOLVieawH4nwNi38MQ/videos

And for those that don't know the beauty of Libido:

Edited by carddass

Sign in to follow this