The Piass

Alvino will disband

After 11 years of activities, the band will disband but the date has not yet been announced. It seems that the reason is the bad condition of Shota's voice since 2015. It is written that he is still in recovery. 

http://alvino.tv/content1/?no=ZUFV3nVRS3fVCGCqSG3vSuC

Edited by The Piass

tfw your relevant band's revival gig cheque comes in with bluray/dvd royalties mention scribbled in & you instantly realize your bandmate is a shit vocalist who leads your career nowhere & that retirement age is approaching fast

lmc next onegai

Still doesn't mean Pierrot would have their expected "full reunion" - Kirito seems to do fine with Angelo atm I guess (also: he's a very shitty songwriter and his awkward collab with Aiji and Jun won't do shit nowadays)

can't say i'm too surprised given shota's condition for the past 2 years but still extremely bummed. funny how after 10+ years shota is still getting lots of ridiculous flak for presumably standing in the way of alvino becoming another pierrot or la'cryma christi (which they never were from the start), but ok. personally i thought the band was fucking brilliant at what they were doing and shota will always be one of my fave vocalists.

2 hours ago, hiroki said:

can't say i'm too surprised given shota's condition for the past 2 years but still extremely bummed. funny how after 10+ years shota is still getting lots of ridiculous flak for presumably standing in the way of alvino becoming another pierrot or la'cryma christi (which they never were from the start), but ok. personally i thought the band was fucking brilliant at what they were doing and shota will always be one of my fave vocalists.

Oh what the hell?! People still talk shit about Shota holding them back?

I can't imagine an ALvino without Shota. His voice fit the music perfectly. Although I'm sad that they're disbanding, at least they've had a good eleven years despite being the post-PIERROT band that got slept on. ^_^

For me ALvino is a enormous mess, I was happy to see Jun and Koji two guitarists who I really like played together in the same band but the first time who I listened songs of  them  I found theirs sound too much simple and generic.

Maybe they  wanted change theirs style of music and do soft pop/rock and I think that's why Kaya didn't join the band because of musical differences when Jun and Koji asked to him to be ALvino vocalist.

58 minutes ago, Lereku said:

Maybe they  wanted change theirs style of music and do soft pop/rock and I think that's why Kaya didn't join the band because of musical differences when Jun and Koji asked to him to be ALvino vocalist.

whaaaaaa that's interesting

11 years... is a long time for a band

The vocalist deserves to retire the music scene after his voice is hurting him that bad.

Good luck Shota. Get better

I think I tried out there first single... 11 years ago and it was way too poppy for me at the time. I wonder what I'd think of them now. Oh well.

This and Adrognyos gets me unnecessarily hopeful, for a, y'know... reintroduction or something.