Danao

DIR EN GREY x PIERROT Collab "Androgynos" new DVD/Blu-Ray release

ugly dwarf doesn't hit a single note right in his teaser

he should stick to ASL interpretations of their songs or just leave for sukiyakikiosque and let Deg disband while pierrot gave them enough relevance to be remembered fondly

Critter looks bloated a.f., but he still delivers studio vocals in comparison tbh and they're the same age

Edited by nekkichi

1 hour ago, nitta said:

PIERROT teaser wasn't live. 

I listened to studio version of that song A LOT. That was the studio version.

Are you saying that was a scam? 😂😂😂

16 hours ago, nitta said:

PIERROT teaser wasn't live. 

I listened to studio version of that song A LOT. That was the studio version.

ok but do we have that ultimate diru stan who has lived through all recent Dir en grey DVDs and can confirm that the audio in their CM is not recycled from one of the mode of… things in that case

(can you imagine if kyo's actual wailing is even worse than that? omygod.)

22 hours ago, nekkichi said:

ugly dwarf doesn't hit a single note right in his teaser

I wouldn't say he was off key for 100% of that teaser; damn near 50% though -- but hey, that's better than Kyo only bothering to sing 50% of a given song like he used to, right? At least there's an effort being made? I guess?

54 minutes ago, geist said:

but hey, that's better than Kyo only bothering to sing 50% of a given song like he used to, right?

I have a theory he's only singing less than 50 % of his wordcount on concert releases that cost less than $ 100 per pop.

double the price, double the sung lines!

It’s goofy that we sit here and praise Kyo for hitting half the right notes just because he was THAT much WORSE a few touring cycles ago; WtD–Marrow era was a disaster. That said, his vocals have improved in recent years, and maybe I give him a pass because he keeps attempting things beyond his range despite being hospitalized several times. Also because a vast majority of VK vocalists don’t fucking know how to sing anyway.  

Has Kyo ever sounded great on a live though? I've seen The Rose Trims... held up as an example of great live vocals, but I disagree. He's been setting the bar way too high for himself with studio magic for way too long.

11 hours ago, blacktooth said:

Has Kyo ever sounded great on a live though? I've seen The Rose Trims... held up as an example of great live vocals, but I disagree. He's been setting the bar way too high for himself with studio magic for way too long.

akasaka blitz 5 days concerts and code of vulgarism live dvds are iconic (altho I remember wtf-ing a lot at the bonus bootleg vulgarism footage, that shit already sounded suspect a.f.)

he still sounds ok when performing old versions of their pre-WTD songs that aren't plagued with squeals

lol @ first Japanese comment here saying they like old obscure more than remake

I have no idea who this messy band really is catering for these days tbh

lot's of people itt who just dont understand kyo like i do......

in all seriousness, wtf, this dude is slipping more and more into literal marilyn manson-tier lack of vocal abilities every year

On 10/17/2017 at 9:19 AM, Tokage said:

lot's of people itt who just dont understand kyo like i do......

in all seriousness, wtf, this dude is slipping more and more into literal marilyn manson-tier lack of vocal abilities every year

In this live he doesn't sound that good but in the DVD  FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of THE MARROW OF A BONE], he hits most of the notes right, in some songs he sounds even better than the recorded versions

Edited by Ozileras10

Yeah, he sounded really good on Mode of THE MARROW OF A BONE; but then we get to Mode of DUM SPIRO SPERO and it's a shit show. Mode of VULGAR was also really good.

I don't know what it is. He insists on doing falsetto's for legitimately everything now...for some reason; but he can't replicate it live. There is a clear inability to hit those notes on a consistent basis and is one of the main reasons why my enjoyment of Dir en grey's music has tanked -- at some point Kyo's live performances just become so grating on the ear. I enjoy the studio stuff still; but then when I want to hear it live I have to brace myself for all the out of key notes Kyo's going to sing at any given moment.

It's a damn shame tbh

I attended the Androgynos lives and I think he sounded fine on the spot. And so I would say about almost every one of the 40+ lives of theirs I've been to since 2014. Can only bring to memory a few occasions where it's left something to be desired. 

Kyo has had his periods of terrible live performances, but aside from the off day they're generally in the past now.  But sure, since the performance requires so much of him, it's more noticeable when something is ailing him compared to vocalists who perform in a more comfortable range, I won't deny that, which is why it can be a bit of a gamble. The last couple of years have been his peak as far as vocal performance live is concerned, in my opinion.