Sign in to follow this  
Lestat

Sami (ex-CindyKate) passes away...

http://weloveucp.com/blog/sami-ex-cindykate-passes-away/

14283-kez53nqtbg.jpg

According to SHIBUYA-REX booking manager Yuya (裕也), Sami (沙美) (ex-CindyKate ~ FOODED SEAL) passed away on 2017-07-18.

Yuya's tweet states that Sami passed after an accident. A wake and funeral for his family and friends has already been held.

Sami (沙美) was most well known for his stint as CindyKate's drummer, but he was a multi-talented musician who also sang and played guitar/bass. He acted as a support musician for tons of bands and sessions over the years, and was set to act as support drummer for session band FLAMINGO (フラミンゴ) on August 30. — Text courtesy of ©weloveucp.com, @inartistic

Horrible news. I don't even know how to react to this. CindyKate meant a huge deal to me. Rest in peace, dear Sami.

Edited by Lestat

Just so that there are no misunderstandings: It seems like weloveucp used google translate because I can't see ANYTHING in Yuya's tweet hinting that it was drowning. I put his tweet in google translate and there the wrong translated "drowning" comes up but the Japanese tweet only says it was "a sudden accident".

49 minutes ago, kareta-uta said:

Just so that there are no misunderstandings: It seems like weloveucp used google translate because I can't see ANYTHING in Yuya's tweet hinting that it was drowning. I put his tweet in google translate and there the wrong translated "drowning" comes up but the Japanese tweet only says it was "a sudden accident".

Yes, that's exactly what happened. The post at weloveucp was already corrected, and I tweeted out a correction a while ago. Thanks!

Damn, CindyKate is still one of my all-time favourite bands EVER (not just in VK), and Sami wrote/performed some great songs with them.

RIP :( 

4 minutes ago, sheepprincessgara said:

It looks like he was scheduled to perform at a session event on August 30...

Yeah, that is written in the tweet in the first post of this topic.

Here is a tweet from CindyKate bassist Ma-aya (currently Shohei, bassist of Arlequin)

Interestingly, I think he mentions that he'd been discussing CindyKate revival with Yui? :/ 

Listening to my fave song right now. "Daijoubu sa, oyasumi~ *chu*"

wasn't familiar with CindyKate, but damn... so sudden. terrible to hear, thoughts to his friends and family

5 hours ago, returnal said:

wasn't familiar with CindyKate, but damn... so sudden. terrible to hear, thoughts to his friends and family

you would like them for sure. 

I saw this on facebook this morning my heart breaks every time a visual kei member dies. R.I.P  Sami :tw_cold_sweat:

Sign in to follow this