The Piass

THE THIRTEEN new EP 「EVIL MAD SCIENCE」 release !

23 hours ago, Kiryu999 said:

Pretty good but it sounds like a Dir en Grey ripoff so that's why

I get it. Two of these members are from a band that has spent a majority of their time active ripping off Dir en grey songs.  With that said, there's a crap ton of crap they've written thats original as fuck. This seems to be a prime example of that. Besides the drop A tuning (which, newsflash is not exclusive to Dir en grey), this sounds nothing like any previously released D.E.G song.

There's blatant fact/examples and then theres reaching just for the sole purpose of reaching. I know this band isn't liked here, but you reachin....

Edited by Ro plz

41 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

I get it. Two of these members are from a band that has spent a majority of their time active ripping off Dir en grey songs.  With that said, there's a crap ton of crap they've written thats original as fuck. This seems to be a prime example of that. Besides the drop A tuning (which, newsflash is not exclusive to Dir en grey), this sounds nothing like any previously released D.E.G song.

There's blatant fact/examples and then theres reaching just for the sole purpose of reaching. I know this band isn't liked here, but you reachin....

I would put it this way.

Instrumental-wise this song is nothing like DEG - there's too many metalcore riffs and ideas. On top of that, there's a typical Sadie chorus.

But when it comes to vocals - maaan, I can't help but think about DEG. Completely same style, same approach, and, basically, everything.

The thing that I'm constantly wondering about - it's ok to copy someone else when you are 22-25 years old and you are just beginning your career. But when you way above 30 years old, you have a 10-year old career in the industry, just why the hell can't you fucking come up with an original look and something that somewhat differentites you from the guy you are constantly trying to emulate...

5 hours ago, zaa_zaa said:

The thing that I'm constantly wondering about - it's ok to copy someone else when you are 22-25 years old and you are just beginning your career. But when you way above 30 years old, you have a 10-year old career in the industry, just why the hell can't you fucking come up with an original look and something that somewhat differentites you from the guy you are constantly trying to emulate...

I don't think we can string up Mao for being a Kyo derivative for literally 10 years, the reason being... (and I love the guy).. he doesn't have HALF the vocal capacity Kyo does. As obviously as he pays homage to him, he's really FORCED to develop his own style.. the things that make Kyo special as a singer, all of his selling points, things Mao can't follow lol. I started listening to both around 2006 and in 10 years of watching them I know Mao to be differentiated whether he likes it or not loll. In the end Mao's particular throat strain is well known in it's own right (he's kinda MORE distinguishable on initial hearing because of his unique flaws))

5 hours ago, Elazmus said:

I don't think we can string up Mao for being a Kyo derivative for literally 10 years, the reason being... (and I love the guy).. he doesn't have HALF the vocal capacity Kyo does. As obviously as he pays homage to him, he's really FORCED to develop his own style.. the things that make Kyo special as a singer, all of his selling points, things Mao can't follow lol. I started listening to both around 2006 and in 10 years of watching them I know Mao to be differentiated whether he likes it or not loll. In the end Mao's particular throat strain is well known in it's own right (he's kinda MORE distinguishable on initial hearing because of his unique flaws))

By copying I mostly meant the fact that he is constantly trying to emulate him. It's not about the end result - I can clearly hear the differences, too. But the style, the melody, the looks, plenty of small details - that's the problem for me. His inspiration is way too obvious.
And that's why it's fine when you are just a beginner. But when you are on the scene for more than 10 years, and you are still trying to do exactly the same thing from 2006 (which is emulating your idol in many details) - that's where it kind of points to creative impotence.

To be fair though, this sort of thing is kind of encouraged. Japan’s music industry doesn’t look down on songs sounding similar to others the way the western music industry does. 

I mean, let’s be honest, if Japan was like the US, Sadie would have been in deep shit after Madrigal de Maria. 

9 hours ago, Saishu said:

I mean, let’s be honest, if Japan was like the US, Sadie would have been in deep shit after ~UNDEAD 13+2~. 

Fixed

18 hours ago, zaa_zaa said:

By copying I mostly meant the fact that he is constantly trying to emulate him. It's not about the end result - I can clearly hear the differences, too. But the style, the melody, the looks, plenty of small details - that's the problem for me. His inspiration is way too obvious.
And that's why it's fine when you are just a beginner. But when you are on the scene for more than 10 years, and you are still trying to do exactly the same thing from 2006 (which is emulating your idol in many details) - that's where it kind of points to creative impotence.

Loll well you're right about that, you can even see his style has changed from age to age ALSO kinda just corresponding with Kyo's changes, it's funny to think that they(Sadie) only really started floundering when Diru's activity was slowed. I'm sure HE feels like he's evolving, landing a role in a drama series is pretty cool lmao! As a listener I am judging it as an end result, the questionable creative capacity goes to... 'suspension of disbelief' I suppose

Sadie benefits from being closer to a peer group than a fan group of Diru. When even bands like Grieva, who make you wonder if they  would have even formed a band if it wasn't Diru worship, enjoyed their own individual fanbase.... (me included) the standard for individualism must be... suspended... for.... disbelief purposes...

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:43 AM, zaa_zaa said:

I would put it this way.

Instrumental-wise this song is nothing like DEG - there's too many metalcore riffs and ideas. On top of that, there's a typical Sadie chorus.

But when it comes to vocals - maaan, I can't help but think about DEG. Completely same style, same approach, and, basically, everything.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, zaa_zaa said:

ROTFL the DIRU/kyo cult at it again.  How much money do guys make discrediting other music. I guess cause grieva is dying and Rentrer en soi is dead so you guys been stalking the thirteen for a straw you can grab. And i stress the word "STRAW," as it seems you already know your off base here with agree that this is their main stream instrumental and their chorus but you gotta grab something right? but the way you phrase it with "maaan, I can't help but think about DEG"  is straight up subjective, something your brain could have easily conjured up to keep Kyo elevated in stature. Plus going on like that, your so called "beef" is with "Mao" and you thinking about your god "Kyo." Not the bands. Furthermore you dig yourself deeper by saying "constantly trying to emulate him." "constantly?" So Mao does have his own thing and isnt "always" "emulating" kyo in his "10-year old career?"  or is he always?  Cause if so ima need a whole thread of Mao disco with every track and the Kyo track he is referencing. And even if what you are saying is true which im certain  isnt considering how post undead 13+2 is hated and how commercial/MainstreamVK Mao's bands can get with Sadie's Redline, ever, daydream rain fall, Setsugekka (雪月花), The Gazette toying,  and sadie's last album "Gangster" which continued on to be The Thirteen's Disco up to this EP, lets talk about Kyo. Are you not being a hypocrite? Kyo nor DEG is original for that matter. They copied Kuroyume, Luna Sea, BMTH, ECT.  Kyo is definitely ripping of and failing at False chord which he stole from some western band along with those fry screams. Also on his Journey to be a Western Metal influence he copied their hair cut as well as fashion with the leather jackets and stuff. I would bring up marilyn manson but idk the timeline for his video's and Music VS Visual Kai's. but you get the point im trying to make with "plenty of minor details." 

Edit: back to the thread, if your not going to make it can you or atleast tell me if these are kyo byproducts WITH RECIEPTS PLEASE those are my fav for singing.

Spoiler

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, Saishu said:

Japan’s music industry doesn’t look down on songs sounding similar to others the way the western music industry does. 

Are you not familiar with Western music? Everything Trap, Mumble rap, all the females sounding the same and still on the charts?

Anyway people need to get over sadie (The Thirteen is sadie[gangster]) wiping there asses with diru over the years and completely body them on bleach with Oboreru Sakana and Voice of pain remaster versions and not be mad the moved on to new greatness beyond upgrading like baby go for it.  

Edited by blackdoll

3 hours ago, blackdoll said:

ROTFL the DIRU/kyo cult at it again.  How much money do guys make discrediting other music. I guess cause grieva is dying and Rentrer en soi is dead so you guys been stalking the thirteen for a straw you can grab. And i stress the word "STRAW," as it seems you already know your off base here with agree that this is their main stream instrumental and their chorus but you gotta grab something right? but the way you phrase it with "maaan, I can't help but think about DEG"  is straight up subjective, something your brain could have easily conjured up to keep Kyo elevated in stature. Plus going on like that, your so called "beef" is with "Mao" and you thinking about your god "Kyo." Not the bands. Furthermore you dig yourself deeper by saying "constantly trying to emulate him." "constantly?" So Mao does have his own thing and isnt "always" "emulating" kyo in his "10-year old career?"  or is he always?  Cause if so ima need a whole thread of Mao disco with every track and the Kyo track he is referencing. And even if what you are saying is true which im certain  isnt considering how post undead 13+2 is hated and how commercial/MainstreamVK Mao's bands can get with Sadie's Redline, ever, daydream rain fall, Setsugekka (雪月花), The Gazette toying,  and sadie's last album "Gangster" which continued on to be The Thirteen's Disco up to this EP, lets talk about Kyo. Are you not being a hypocrite? Kyo nor DEG is original for that matter. They copied Kuroyume, Luna Sea, BMTH, ECT.  Kyo is definitely ripping of and failing at False chord which he stole from some western band along with those fry screams. Also on his Journey to be a Western Metal influence he copied their hair cut as well as fashion with the leather jackets and stuff. I would bring up marilyn manson but idk the timeline for his video's and Music VS Visual Kai's. but you get the point im trying to make with "plenty of minor details." 

Edit: back to the thread, if your not going to make it can you or atleast tell me if these are kyo byproducts WITH RECIEPTS PLEASE those are my fav for singing.

Reveal hidden contents

Are you not familiar with Western music? Everything Trap, Mumble rap, all the females sounding the same and still on the charts?

Anyway people need to get over sadie (The Thirteen is sadie[gangster]) wiping there asses with diru over the years and completely body them on bleach with Oboreru Sakana and Voice of pain remaster versions and not be mad the moved on to new greatness beyond upgrading like baby go for it.  

Duuude, chill.
Everything anyone says is subjective, especially when it comes to music, ok? Sure, you can use your musical education if you have one, or you can write me a huge list with what you deem as proof. Does it change anything? No.

I am not a DEG fan, nor am I a fan of Mao. I'm just a dude listening to music.

Yes, I find Mao emulating DEG. Yes, DEG emulated other bands, and it's confirmed, too.  Everyone is ripping off everyone else. But let's see what we have here:

DEG changed drastically over the cource of 20 years - looks, music. influences. They constantly changed. Their inspirations changed. One day they copied Kuroyume, next day they copied Korn, third day they copied Architects (name any other band). So yes, they grew, took everything from all of the inspirations that they ever had, and tried to do something somewhat original that sells.

Now let's look at Mao. I am no musical expert, but when I first heard them in 2007, to me he already tried to emulate Kyo, which is fine. In 2009 - still the same thing, it's justthat he tried to emulate Kyo from their different era.

2011, 2013, 2015 - maaaan, just stop it already, we know that your respect/suck up to Kyo, find some other major inspirations, ok?

And now he has a different project in 2017, and it's still the same thing.

I hope you see what I am trying to say here.

Edited by zaa_zaa

What I was saying about the Japanese music industry is that when Sadie writes a songs that are basically covers of DEG’s “Toguro” and “Ware, Yami Tote”, no one is going to take legal action. In the West, you bet your ass Sadie would have been in court. 

this reminds me totally why Sadie once was my favorite band! totally LOVE this sound!

sounds like one of the best works vocally Mao ever did!

definitely not regretting for having this baby on pre-order for quite a while already! 8D

12 hours ago, zaa_zaa said:

Duuude, chill.
Everything anyone says is subjective, especially when it comes to music, ok? Sure, you can use your musical education if you have one, or you can write me a huge list with what you deem as proof. Does it change anything? No.

I am not a DEG fan, nor am I a fan of Mao. I'm just a dude listening to music.

Yes, I find Mao emulating DEG. Yes, DEG emulated other bands, and it's confirmed, too.  Everyone is ripping off everyone else. But let's see what we have here:

DEG changed drastically over the cource of 20 years - looks, music. influences. They constantly changed. Their inspirations changed. One day they copied Kuroyume, next day they copied Korn, third day they copied Architects (name any other band). So yes, they grew, took everything from all of the inspirations that they ever had, and tried to do something somewhat original that sells.

Now let's look at Mao. I am no musical expert, but when I first heard them in 2007, to me he already tried to emulate Kyo, which is fine. In 2009 - still the same thing, it's justthat he tried to emulate Kyo from their different era.

2011, 2013, 2015 - maaaan, just stop it already, we know that your respect/suck up to Kyo, find some other major inspirations, ok?

And now he has a different project in 2017, and it's still the same thing.

I hope you see what I am trying to say here.

You linked no thread of  Mao was emulating kyo alone. + your denfense of kyo; Case closed. 

8 hours ago, Saishu said:

What I was saying about the Japanese music industry is that when Sadie writes a songs that are basically covers of DEG’s “Toguro” and “Ware, Yami Tote”, no one is going to take legal action. In the West, you bet your ass Sadie would have been in court. 

the american radio says hi! (artist)______VEVO says hi. I'm sure they wouldnt get sued. The metal band too just look in the comment section or twitter "_______ is copying ___________"

Edited by blackdoll