Tokage

Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington dead

Jesus. Out of all celebrity musicians who have passed, I’m honestly taking this one the hardest. I remember jamming to Hybrid Theory on repeat in HS and having my mom preorder Meteora for me. They were most definitely what got me into rock aside from Dir En Grey. 

I even remember jamming with my “first boyfriend” in HS to Reanimation driving around in his car. 

This is is so completely out of left field. I didn’t realize his drug and alcohol problems were that bad. And I didn’t really know he was mentally ill. 

I guess losing his best friend, Chris Cornell, not even two months ago really set him over the edge. Not even mentioning that Chester even passed away on Chris’ birthday. 

This is is so fucked. For real. It doesn’t seem real and I can’t even imagine what his children are thinking let alone his band mates - especially Mike. 

This hit me really hard. I've had a really hard struggle with mental illness my whole life and Linkin Park was such an important band for me as a kid. I felt really alone in my feelings until I heard them. 

I didn't believe it when I hear it few hours ago when it broke the social media.

And it is still hard to believe now that I know it's real.

This is too painful because my youth pretty much filled with his bands music among others.

His music saved me from self harm and suicidal tendencies that I have got when I was a teen.

Mental health issues is no joke, I hope more and more people realize this

I survived, I only he wish he could have too.  Rest In Peace.

12 hours ago, Disposable said:

Hearing In The End on Finnish television back in the day is what set me on the path of being edgy. I had never heard screaming in a song before and I was completely enamoured with it, of being that angry and sad in a song when before all I had surely heard in my life was some cookie cutter radio shit that one just tolerated to listen to out of habit. I got Hybrid Theory for my 8th birthday and I was told to turn it off because it was bothering the dumb guests; an informative childhood moment in realising that I just hate everybody.

I second that, except that I was 14 when 'Meteora' released. I'd listened to rock/numetal etc. before but Linkin Park certainly sparked an interest in the rougher side of music. They played a major role in my musical development, through them I got into KoRn at the time, Slipknot and ultimately death metal and its most extreme subgenres.

So while I've long stopped listening to their music I hold them in fond memory as one of the first sonic peeks at what it feels like to be 'different' and to be proud of it (which seems funny to me now, but hey, those were different times).

Edited by VESSMIER

10 hours ago, Zeus said:

You never really will you just learn to live with it

ikr but i really feel a crack in my childhood memories 

i miss you Chester