hiroki

LONDBOY will disband

LONDBOY will disband after their oneman at TSUTAYA O-WEST on 2017/10/28

They will hold Rio's birthday live at 新所沢 THE ROCK on 2017/08/25 and ROY's birthday live at 恵比寿aim on 2017/08/30.

Edited by hiroki

i've literally just been talking to @echo about londboy this entire past week before this happened. i feel so terrible.

pretty sure 90% of MH will be rushing to join the queue that's chalking this up to the rio affair. for what it's worth i'm skeptical about that. anyone who's actually following the band would have noticed that just as everyone thought they were about to sign to BPR last year (which didn't happen), they downgraded their website, releases slowed down, and generally activities became suspiciously spotty for a band their size.

4 hours ago, hiroki said:

i've literally just been talking to @echo about londboy this entire past week before this happened. i feel so terrible.

pretty sure 90% of MH will be rushing to join the queue that's chalking this up to the rio affair. for what it's worth i'm skeptical about that. anyone who's actually following the band would have noticed that just as everyone thought they were about to sign to BPR last year (which didn't happen), they downgraded their website, releases slowed down, and generally activities became suspiciously spotty for a band their size.

Do you know if their  album managed to have decent sales? At least to me, it was such a huge letdown that I'm afraid it may have affected their popularity in some ways. This downgrade was prior or after their album?

In any way, it's a shame. Open your Heart and Iris were some damn good singles.

20 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

Do you know if their  album managed to have decent sales? At least to me, it was such a huge letdown that I'm afraid it may have affected their popularity in some ways. This downgrade was prior or after their album?

In any way, it's a shame. Open your Heart and Iris were some damn good singles.

First week sales for their album was 1140 copies which def wasn't BPR level (Royz in comparison usually sell at least 6000-8000). But there's far less weight given to sales than the potential labels recognize in the band, which in the case of LONDBOY was pretty promising in terms of their growing popularity (at least around that time last year).

I've heard rumors that they had already secured a deal to sign with BPR in principle, but something happened at their tour semifinal in Nagoya last year which led to the deal being dropped and the rest of unannounced dates cancelled.

But those are unverified and I don't really want to say more about that, other than the band pretty much went downhill from that point. They also seem to have the worst of luck with just about everything (Kanade's accident, Rio's affair, etc.)

Edited by hiroki

I still can't believe they're going to disband T_T wayyy too many good band disbanding this year T_T

I can't imagine how they must be feeling. Like, earlier this year they had gotten into that accident and a couple of the members were hospitalized. They got through that, and then everything that happened with Rio, but they were getting through that to and their fans continued to support them... but now this T_T

saw news about disbandment  and thought: "here is no point to go to last live if here is no Rio"lol

*later*

"oh snap! it's Rio!" 

Babyyyy is back <3

ex-LONDBOY かなで (kanade) has opened his recording studio, モリノアーツ (Morino Arts) and has ceased to act as a visual kei musician. He will also be going under the name "koyo" and will act as a composer.

Morino Arts OHP