Himeaimichu

DEZERT new single, "撲殺ヒーロー (Bokusatsu HERO)"

FUCCCKKKK

BREAKDOWN THO

ps they changed the track listing, the single title stayed the same

Edited by emmny

52 minutes ago, Kaleidoscope said:

Sounds fantastic, what a great main riff

Heard the bland chorus riff somewhere before, just adding 1-2 power chords between the main notes. Dont remember now what song, maybe a the GazettE one or something.

Just as their last two new songs, uninspired and boring.

But, Miyako's look and his guitar:tw_love:

6 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

this has to be the second vkei pv with black people

Born - Psycho Diva

Initial'L - their recent PV

Now this one

I believe, there are more

51 minutes ago, zaa_zaa said:

Born - Psycho Diva

Now this one

Didn't know about those two, but I was thinking Baiser's "Magenta Story" originally.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

13 hours ago, filth_y said:

Heard the bland chorus riff somewhere before, just adding 1-2 power chords between the main notes. Dont remember now what song, maybe a the GazettE one or something.

Just as their last two new songs, uninspired and boring.

But, Miyako's look and his guitar:tw_love:

Well, it's somewhat difficult to write an entirely new nu metal riff, plus DEZERT has never been known for being particularly innovative. It's more of the same with better production, so basically what most listeners of these guys want.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

4 hours ago, zaa_zaa said:

Born - Psycho Diva

Now this one

Dont forget to add 

ZON - Mr.Gong

Yay for the one black guy haha.... But seriously this song was amazing and I really love it<3

The PV was by far one of the best I've seen in some time!!!!

Signing off from the Dezert war wagon. 

Conceptually they've changed from the Japanese middle school suburban child murders of the 2003 vk vein into clean-cut jumpdafuckup catalogue boys. DEZERT of the early minis and the first album is filthy, as much looking as sounding. And while DEZERT has struck and missed plenty of times since they started, their most unhinged moments still stand on their own, not even close to being in the same ballpark as their very unfortunate previous and no doubt future renditions Happy Song 

11 hours ago, Kaleidoscope said:

It's more of the same with better production, 

Completely disagree, because:

1 hour ago, Disposable said:

Conceptually they've changed from the Japanese middle school suburban child murders of the 2003 vk vein into clean-cut jumpdafuckup catalogue boys. 

-

so basically what most listeners of these guys want.

Fixed: What listeners of bland, major sound like. Maybe that will be "most" listeners, but not people that were listening to them before their 2nd Best-Of.

But its fine for them, since major kind like sound = probably more fans (because most people like bland, easy listenable sound) = more money probably. But let's not start the old discussion major vs. indie sound.

I think they are trying to go real big here (therefore giving up their sound style) or if that aint working, disband (my guess from what they've been talking at lives).

Sad for me in any case, cause i liked the stuff they did before quite a lot :\

Well, it's somewhat difficult to write an entirely new nu metal riff

Why so many bands are able to do it then? This aint even metal for me, just basic power chord sequence with heavier distortion (doesnt need to be bad for that, just felt like i heard it before and expected more from them). (btw, im just talking about the chorus riff! Dont mind the intro/verse stuff).

@filth_yI can see where you coming from, at least when it comes to the production. While their new production does sound a lot more polished and makes them lose the gritty sound the used to have, however, I don't feel like this song is a major shift from their old stuff (which I listened to a whole lot, way more than to any of their newer stuff) - Hentai and Ohaiyo clearly were, but with a different production this one could have been on one of the first two albums and nobody would have noticed. They've always had a soft spot for pop-ish tunes, even though the songwriting is arguably more interesting in some of their older songs.

Personally, I'm still on the fence when it comes to whether I like the new production they have or not (like I said, I like the song itself). I happen to enjoy the girugamesh-like production, call it bland or generic or whatever, but I have to admit that I'm going to miss the dirty sound. Then again, they released plenty of strong material before changing their sound, so I'm honestly not to upset if they try a new direction and to appeal to a wider audience.

Anyway, it seems like I meant a different riff since I was talking about the intro riff when I was referring to the main riff :D 

What did they say though that makes you think they might disband? 

Edited by Kaleidoscope

I prefer their cover band (DAMY) way more.

On 8/16/2017 at 8:10 PM, doomsoul136 said:

Dont forget to add 

ZON - Mr.Gong

This one too!

these dudes gonna be doing anime OPs within their nex 2 or 3 releases

On 17/08/2017 at 7:57 AM, Kaleidoscope said:

I can see where you coming from, at least when it comes to the production. While their new production does sound a lot more polished and makes them lose the gritty sound the used to have, however, I don't feel like this song is a major shift from their old stuff (which I listened to a whole lot, way more than to any of their newer stuff) - Hentai and Ohaiyo clearly were, but with a different production this one could have been on one of the first two albums and nobody would have noticed. They've always had a soft spot for pop-ish tunes, even though the songwriting is arguably more interesting in some of their older songs.

I don't know if it's all about production quality. Take"Seion", from Saikou no Shokutaku, as an example. It has some real interesting production values (the whole album has), the whole composition is pop as fuck, and yet it does not lose any "rawness". That song is dirty, guitars and bass vibrate as the real fuck, and the recording quality there is top notch, crispy clear. This new song is really toned down, it's more like bad gazette days than earlier Dezert, in my opinion. Yeah, they never tried to hide their pop vein, and I don't think they should, cuz some of their best is really poppish, but this sounds like something equalized the easier way, like they weren't even trying... Maybe live it will sound better, cuz now it feels souless, I would say

Edited by chemicalpictures

finally we get vengeance for outo no susume's cancellation LOL

1 hour in and this is fucking insanity omfg i almost passed out when chiaki poured the whole bottle of water over saz's bass im pretty sure the roadie who immediately gave him the towel felt the same way

was he the same roadie that almost stage dived? what the fuck is GOING ON

oyasumi is so pretty >.<

SETSUDAAANNNNNNNN

Edited by emmny