Sign in to follow this  
Duwang

甘い暴力 (Amai Bouryoku ) 1st EP 名前が無い (namae ga nai) release

Amai Bouryoku will release their live-limited EP 名前が無い(namae ga nai) on August 17th.

CRLC-0030.jpg

Track list:

1.名前が無い (namae ga nai)
2.都合のいい女 (tsugou no ii onna)
3.ちゅーしたい (chuushitai)
4.調教してください (choukyoushite kudasai)

As of yesterday, Amai Bouryoku has released a compilation CD of all their songs (minus 嘘キス) entitled 入門盤 (nyuumonban) ("introductory disk").

Includes 6 previously released songs along with 1 new track for only 500 yen.

DE0u7RlUwAE95wS.jpg

Tracklist:

1. 溺愛シット (dekiai shitto)
2. 本能 (honnou)
3. 君、依存、タトゥー (kimi, izon, tattoo)
4. 笑顔でいるってめんどくさい (egaodeirutte mendokusai)
5. 聞いてもないし、求めてもないのに (kiitemonaishi, motometemonainoni) [*live recording, call and response]
6. ファッションメンヘラ (fashion menhera)
7. 夜乙女 (yoru otome)

Unfortunately this CD does not come with a lyrics booklet (probably why it's so cheap)

Edited by Duwang

Jesus Christ, WTF is this. Was Rei Shounenki's main composer, or something? They disbanded because of their expectations x mediocre success, right? How they expect to achieve anything with this? Fuckin songs barely have STRUCTURE. Shounenki was so amazing, I'm sure they haven't forgot how to write actual songs, but those lame, cheesy ass b-sides make me think otherwise...

Rei was far from their main composer, actually... Eiki and Kou are the main composers in general, Eiki having studied music in university and Kou having done it as a hobby for years before he even started his first band. I believe he plays some guitar/bass too. To be honest I have a feeling Kou is the driving force coming up with guidelines, concepts and basic structures while the other members always kinda trickled along, Eiki being the biggest help mainly doing most of the composing/technical bits. I mean Kou is even in charge of Art Direction, he just takes on everything all the time, haha. I believe the one song Nao was completely in charge of during the Shounenki era was ムービスター (WEAKNESS MY BLOOD B track) which was ... I guess while it was a fun live track it was pretty lacking over all and didn't fit the rest of the songs/theme whatsoever.
They disbanded because Rei wanted to leave the band for personal reasons, and they didn't want to continue Shounenki without Rei. Simple as that. I guess they decided to take the opportunity to change up their concept (as you wrote) since Shounenki, as amazing as they were never really seemed to get anywhere.

I was a huge Shounenki fan and went to probably around 60-70 shows before they disbanded but as much as I am trying it's been really hard for me to get into this new band due to the extreme change of concept... :( I used to love Kou's lyrics and blogs but it's like he's no longer there as he's taken on this character singing about the mental struggles of bangyas which unfortunately seems to be working in regards to people actually attending the shows. As much as I believe they'd like to do nation wide releases, they won't for financial reasons. People want the music? Then go to the lives, buy CD/goods/chekis and help them with their activities-kind of strategy. Whoever uploads these to YouTube, while I too want to be able to spread their music, you might be hurting them financially as Japanese fans won't bother coming to the shows since they already got the music online. The band even tweeted they were sad to see it happening. I understand why it's frustrating for you guys though, especially if you can't even access the lives. Just know I'll happily pick you up copies of their releases at any time and send them over, just message me on here!
I believe their label CRIMZON is currently throwing all their money to Purple Stone and it's pissing me off seeing them release PV after PV while Amabo is just left to struggle on their own. I went to the oneman last week and there's probably only like 20 people from the Shounenki days still there while the rest is new fans. I dunno obviously if they're making good money but... I dunno. I hope it's going well? I was happy seeing so many new fans there but the capacity of the venue they played is smaller than what Shounenki used to play. I feel it's just such a waste to have such talented musicians flop around doing whatever this is. This concept won't last. You can only make that many songs about being a girl on the side, lol. We're gonna get bored, THEY're gonna get bored.
I really hope they can turn this around somehow... I'd hate to see them just fizzle out to nothing. Especially Kou and Eiki. They're far, far too talented. :(

Edited by RMSY

You brought up some pretty good arguments, but I'm not quite sure if I can agree with everything you said.

On 22.8.2017 at 5:34 AM, RMSY said:

As much as I believe they'd like to do nation wide releases, they won't for financial reasons. People want the music? Then go to the lives, buy CD/goods/chekis and help them with their activities-kind of strategy. Whoever uploads these to YouTube, while I too want to be able to spread their music, you might be hurting them financially as Japanese fans won't bother coming to the shows since they already got the music online. The band even tweeted they were sad to see it happening. I understand why it's frustrating for you guys though, especially if you can't even access the lives. Just know I'll happily pick you up copies of their releases at any time and send them over, just message me on here!

First, thanks for the offer, I'm sure there a lots of people here who would really appreciate something like this! But I don't think that the uploads on YouTube hurt them financially. (Not a fan of stealing music though, so don't think I support piracy or any kind of illegal music downloads) I think it has quite the opposite effect, since it's the best promotion the band can possibly get. I don't know where you discover new music, but for me YouTube is one of the best tools to use when searching for unknown bands and I think that's a thing which is true for a lot of people in Japan as well. A band that releases its stuff only live-limited may attract a certain fanbase which knows their former bands or people who just happen to be at a certain taiban, but they literally have no chance to attract fans in cities like Sapporo or other regions, which aren't toured often. Now everyone can listen to their music and maybe they'll already have some fans in Sapporo, who will come to their live, when they finally do one in Sapporo. Free promotion in my eyes. On the other hand: 君、依存、タトゥー + 溺愛シット are, according to their website, already sold out (Correct me if that's wrong :) ) . At the moment there is no chance for them to lose money, since they don't sell it anymore.  But I wonder, why they don't distribute the sold out ones digitally on Itunes, like Morrigan does.

I believe their label CRIMZON is currently throwing all their money to Purple Stone and it's pissing me off seeing them release PV after PV while Amabo is just left to struggle on their own.

Honestly, I don't think that Purple Stone gets all the money, while the other bands at CRIMZON have to fight for every breadcrumb on their own. Zigzag is doing a one-man tour after just one year and a half of activity, something that Purple Stone has yet to achieve. I got the impression, while I was in Japan, that the decision to keep all the Cds of Hakujitsu, Kurohime and Amai live-limited and to not filming pvs, was their own and not something which was forced on them by their label. But that's just my opinion, maybe someone else has some more insights.

I believe their label CRIMZON is currently throwing all their money to Purple Stone and it's pissing me off seeing them release PV after PV while Amabo is just left to struggle on their own.

I don't know too much about the other bands but I agree with CloudyTree here. It's true that Purple Stone gets PVs on a regular basis but they also don't release 3 or even more CDs each year. It's barely two and since two years ago they don't change outfits for each of them anymore. They get new outfits about once a year and shoot 2 PVs with one outfit. Also, they don't even have a new PV for their just released album (which has close to no new songs). And yeah, also no Oneman tour yet.

I understand where you come from though. Purple Stone do get the money to release all their CDs not as live-limited.

As I said, I don't have any real insight and also don't know too much about the other bands but this is what I wanted to throw in about Purple Stone's releases.

Sign in to follow this