Sign in to follow this  
apple-wa

Galaxy Broad Shop

Has anyone around here ordered from Galaxy Broad Shop and shipped overseas? It's the only place you can get the deluxe version of BugLug's new single, so I went ahead and ordered it, but now I'm worried something might go wrong. Has anyone had any experience with this shop? Are they reliable, how long did shipping take, did you have to pay customs, etc? I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, but I'm a worrier my profession.

I was pretty excited when I found out they do ship overseas, but then when I was making some purchases, the shipping was 746 yen (i think), so that was cool.

Then after the purchase, I learned that it turns out that that was just shipping TO Japan and because I said I was from the US while creating my account, I got an email from a staff member saying that the overseas shipping was much higher - in fact it was 5000 yen (~50 USD) for shipping in North America, 5100 yen (~51 USD) in Europe. Ridiculous. Even more so that they had to email me instead of the actual cost actually being displayed on the receipt during checkout. Of course I had to cancel my order.

I highly suggest using a shopping service instead, like FromJapan or ShoppingMallJapan. 

Edited by sheepprincessgara

1 hour ago, sheepprincessgara said:

I was pretty excited when I found out they do ship overseas, but then when I was making some purchases, the shipping was 746 yen (i think), so that was cool.

Then after the purchase, I learned that it turns out that that was just shipping TO Japan and because I said I was from the US while creating my account, I got an email from a staff member saying that the overseas shipping was much higher - in fact it was 5000 yen (~50 USD) for shipping in North America, 5100 yen (~51 USD) in Europe. Ridiculous. Even more so that they had to email me instead of the actual cost actually being displayed on the receipt during checkout. Of course I had to cancel my order.

I highly suggest using a shopping service instead, like FromJapan or ShoppingMallJapan. 

Hmm, I'm not terribly worried about the shipping fee, since using a shopping service would also be fairly pricey (double shipping, bank transfer if applicable, plus the service's fee) and would also take much longer to get here, and I'm not a patient person! I was more concerned about reliability. I don't mind forking over the dough for my boys, as long as I get what I paid for. But thanks for sharing your experiences!

Edited by apple-wa

Yeah, the staff is nice and gives you the details you need, but other than that, it's ridiculous having to pay an immense amount for shipping a 700-something yen item.

That's crazy. Are they doing DHL or Fedex with those shipping fee  like Amazon JP does? But Amazon still have lower shipping cost than that tho!

39 minutes ago, LIDL said:

That's crazy. Are they doing DHL or Fedex with those shipping fee  like Amazon JP does? But Amazon still have lower shipping cost than that tho!

EMS so at least it's tracked. I think Amazon has a big coroporate deal with DHL based on volume to get their prices so low though. 

They are definitely reliable, but the shipping cost is a bit high as others mentioned. What some of my friends do is shipping to tenso address and when they have more items they ship it to their address abroad.

Customs really depend on the value of your order and your country, not on the shop.

16 hours ago, hotcocoa said:

They are definitely reliable, but the shipping cost is a bit high as others mentioned. What some of my friends do is shipping to tenso address and when they have more items they ship it to their address abroad.

Customs really depend on the value of your order and your country, not on the shop.

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better knowing they are pretty reliable. Now I can be excited instead of worried!

Sign in to follow this