Sign in to follow this  
Akrus

The recurrence of coupling singles. What is your opinion?

I think it's cool, mainly because of the covers. But it sucks that most of them are live-distributed.

Edited by IGM_Oficial

What is YOUR opinion?

You might want to write something in the OP instead of just posting pictures.

anw i prefer when bands do songs together [ankokusekai wa yami plays in the background] 

I like coupling singles. They are a great way to expose me to a band I might like and don't follow for one reason or another. I especially like it when the bands on the single cover each others' songs. That way, I know I'll get a song from a band I like a band covering a song I like, so it's win-win for me. Never heard of bands doing songs together but that sounds just as cool.

It's pretty cool, since bands get to cover each other's songs; it just depends on how either band does it. However I remember feeling unimpressed with Elysion/Labaiser, and I was really eager to hear that one.

Cheers to this man for bringing collab singles back:

ayacon_____blood_____kiwamu_by_kageru13.

Edited by sheepprincessgara

The Gallo also did this a number of times too, with fairly larger bands like SCAPEGOAT and AvelCain. And Lin + Cell  had a great split single a few years ago.

Any sort of late 90's - early 2000's vkei-hayday-throwback I'm here for, and I think split-singles are pretty cool--particually the ones that have covers featured as a b-side as well. They're kind of superfluous for markets where digital sales / streams are the only real medium, but for smaller acts that depend on physical sales they're a great way to get exposure to people who may not have thought about trying you out before. 

On 7/7/2017 at 3:11 PM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Lin + Cell  had a great split single a few years ago.

Lin

great

now sis

I really like when there's camaraderie between bands. I suppose doing a coupling single doesn't necessarily mean the bands get along. I just love the idea of everyone being friends! Any info on the Misaruka/Scarlet Valse one?

Coupling singles or albums annoy me. I don't really have a good reason I just feel like if it is with an artist I really like that the other band is just stealing song slots. 

I love coupling singles when it's two bands I like and I actually know the songs that are being swapped. The Gallo x Scapegoat one is definitely my favorite. 

On 7/6/2017 at 10:35 PM, Zeus said:

I like coupling singles. They are a great way to expose me to a band I might like and don't follow for one reason or another. I especially like it when the bands on the single cover each others' songs. That way, I know I'll get a song from a band I like a band covering a song I like, so it's win-win for me. Never heard of bands doing songs together but that sounds just as cool.

Same.

And sometiems the covers are quite good and bring something new to songs we know and love.

or sometimes it feels like getting an extra new song of your faves if you don't know/follow the band they do the coupling single with.

on the other hand I feel Starwave is overexploiting this move lately.

I also like coupled singles, especially when bands cover eachother and put their own twist on it. 

It's always interesting to hear a song preformed differently~

Sign in to follow this