The Piass

DIR EN GREY new DVDs/Blu-Rays released + best album, "VESTIGE OF SCRATCHES"

Not expecting the old tracks to benefit from being remastered. Especially anything from the last five to six years that has shitty mastering to begin with. 

11 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Holy fuck the drums sound awful.................

You ain’t lying. 

Shinya has the worst drum tone. It’s the most digital and lifeless sound I’ve heard from a drum kit. 

+1 on the dry looks

tbh kyo's too busy serving looks with sukekiyo but once DEG settles on their concept for the new album i think they're gonna bring it

also yeah those mixes of the old tracks are playing with my ears, i don't know what they've changed that makes such a big difference but I definitely hear it

Vulgar and WTD are my favorite albums,so this is a kind of present to me

Sounds raw and refreshing. 10/10

Edited by Manji 卍

iiid empire @02:03 - is this a joke?

all three remakes are downgrading from originals in every aspect, and beautiful dirt is so close to original, yet still sounding worse; it doesn't make any sense to put this garbage on the CD.

why not make a 2CD self-cover album with a "live concert e•mo•tion" idea behind it if the bar for retakes on their old songs is now set this low; at least more attempts at retaking would mean slightly more chances at covering something inventively by accident.

Edited by nekkichi

DIR EN GREY decided that the bonus footage, planned to be a Shot In One Take performance of the re-recorder songs, will feature an edited performances of the 3 re-reordered songs, not an one-shoot performance as planned, in order to bring all their fans with the best quality possible.

the

best

quality

possible

高いクオリティーを求め

Edited by Seelentau

Good god. I love Kyo but his vocals in these remakes are atrocious. Didn't he say he wanted to do these songs the justice they deserve? Yeah, try again mate. 

What's even the point of re-recording Beautiful Dirt when it basically ends up sounding almost the same as the original?

Also, that falsetto part in The IIID Empire sounds like they just took the vocal track from one song and slapped it on top of a different song entirely, it doesn't fit w/ the background instrumentals at all 

I'm genuinely kind of disappointed lol

Edited by Tokage