The Piass

DIR EN GREY new DVDs/Blu-Rays released + best album, "VESTIGE OF SCRATCHES"

15 hours ago, Saishu said:

I’ll throw my guess for re-recordings out there

Garden

Mazohyst

Fukai

A re-recording of "Garden" would be amazing, but I pigs would fly before it ever happened, I'm sure.

Based on what I can gather from their FB page, it seems that the songs that will be recorded are 腐海, Beautiful Dirt and The IIID Empire???

Edited by Tokage

5 minutes ago, Tokage said:

Based on what I can gather from their FB page, it seems that 2 of the songs that will apparently be recorded are Beautiful Dirt and The IIID Empire???

Yep. The third song is Fukai.

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

Based on what I can gather from their FB page, it seems that the songs that will be recorded are 腐海, Beautiful Dirt and The IIID Empire???

Yes that is correct

Man kyo sounds voice sounds worn on those lives. 

Wont buy this but will eventually check out the re-recordings. III Empire intrigues me and scares me 

It's one of my favorite songs, I wish they had left it alone, since it's always a gamble how much of the original track they keep around when making these "re-recordings". THE IIID EMPIRE and Beautiful Dirt updates sounds like a good idea though, there's room for improvement there!

My hopes of them not ruining my favorite song is dead. Kings of butchering re recordings. 

RIP fukai 

Edited by Furik

[tracklist]

[DISC 1 : CD]
01. -I’ll-
02. アクロの丘
03. ゆらめき
04. Cage
05. 予感
06. 脈
07. 理由
08. 太陽の碧
09. ain’t afraid to die
10. FILTH
11. 蟲-mushi-
12. 腐海

[DISC 2 : CD]
01. JESSICA
02. umbrella
03. audience KILLER LOOP
04. CHILD PREY
05. DRAIN AWAY
06. dead tree
07. 朔-saku-
08. C
09. 鼓動
10. DOZING GREEN
11. AGITATED SCREAMS OF MAGGOTS
12. 艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み
13. CLEVER SLEAZOID
14. 我、闇とて・・・
15. VINUSHKA
16. THE ⅢD EMPIRE

[DISC 3 : CD]
01. 霧と繭
02. 残
03. 罪と規制
04. 羅刹国
05. かすみ
06. OBSCURE
07. THE FINAL
08. DIFFERENT SENSE
09. 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇
10. LOTUS
11. 輪郭
12. Revelation of mankind
13. Sustain the untruth
14. Un deux
15. 詩踏み
16. Beautiful Dirt

Taking into account Dir en grey's track record on these things, would you rather have them release:

A) Remastered best-of album 

B) Re-recorded best-of album

C) Kai 2

This one is already a combination of A and B. The remasters are going to sound like completely compressed to shit, and the re-recorded songs will probably have a mix similar to Utafumi and the Easy Make, Easy Make cover. So, yeah, more LOUD AS FUCK chaos with no concern for dynamics. 

Best thing for everyone is to just keep listening to whatever you listen to, however you listen to it. 

NICE!! beautiful dirt,empire and fukai re recorded,but wished that saku was included... 

(hope the re records have the same production as their mini THE UNRAVELING,those re records were out of this world)

Edited by Manji 卍

I'm not stoked about the tracklist at all, it doesn't look like any of the tracks will flow well at all. The tracklist for disc 3 looks especially problematic. I LOATHE the re-recordings of 罪と罰 and かすみ, I could really do without ultraboomy and untruth, and I'd much prefer they'd use the original version of OBSCURE.

It won't surprise me if the 3 re-recordings sound exactly like the 2012 version of 霧と繭, but with Kyo making different gurgle-burgles and wraggle-fraggles.

What’s funny is I think only the first print run will have the re-recorded songs. That’s horseshit, just like them re-recording Macabre and slapping it on a bonus disc in The Unraveling. 

Also, remember that these tracks were supposedly chosen by fans. 

On 10/12/2017 at 10:13 AM, EzraEroguro said:

How about a deep cut, like Zakuro?

i see what you did there *eye emoji*

DEG fans have good taste, more or less happy with that tracklist

Edited by emmny