The Piass

DIR EN GREY new DVDs/Blu-Rays released + best album, "VESTIGE OF SCRATCHES"

In September, DIR EN GREY will release 2 DVDs/Blu-Rays. These two releases are only for the fan-club. They will cost 7000 yen + taxes (Blu-ray) and 6000 yen + taxes (DVD)

The first one : 『TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of UROBOROS]』 will include their live at 2017.02.10 + one song from their live on 2017.01.28.

Tracklist :

我、闇とて・・・
BUGABOO
慟哭と去りぬ
RED SOIL
蜷局
咀嚼
DOZING GREEN
VINUSHKA
INCONVENIENT IDEAL
凱歌、沈黙が眠る頃
冷血なりせば
空谷の跫音
STUCK MAN
+

GLASS SKIN 

The second one 『TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of THE MARROW OF A BONE]』 will include their live on 2017.04.18.

Tracklist :

CONCEIVED SORROW
LIE BURIED WITH A VENGEANCE
AGITATED SCREAMS OF MAGGOTS
THE PLEDGE
ROTTING ROOT
Phenomenon
凌辱の雨
艶かしき安息、躊躇いに微笑み
DISABLED COMPLEXES
THE FATAL BELIEVER
REPETITION OF HATRED
THE DEEPER VILENESS
CLEVER SLEAZOID
GRIEF
詩踏み
Sustain the untruth

http://direngrey.co.jp/news/3004/

A best album will also be released this winter ! 

http://direngrey.co.jp/news/3009/

Edited by The Piass

They announced that best album a long ass time ago... For it to still not be out is kind of amazing especially if they don't do any re-recordings or remastering.

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

The shows look cool. I'd love to have the entire [mode of x] series, but I'm not a member of the fan club and they're disgustingly expensive. £15-20 each would be okay. £70 per Blu-Ray is an outrage.

Really hoping the Best Of won't include one token exclusive song to force fans to buy it. However, if it's completely re-recorded material, that would be sex. If it's not a re-recording, it's kinda redundant, as DECADE already exists. Unless of course it's just stuff from UROBOROS, DSS, and ARCHE, with Unraveling and Utafumi chucked on the end for good measure.

Unfortunately, all this news means that it's doubtful that we'll get any new material this year. So it'll probably be two years between singles. It's just been a relentless string of pricey fan club-only live blu-rays. I get that this series of tours is celebrating each album, but it's getting kinda tedious at this point.

I remember when DSS came out and Hageshisa to... was just sort of plastered on the album. It felt so out of place because of the sheer length of time between releases. I imagine the same thing will happen with the next DEG album (at least, for me).

37 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I remember when DSS came out and Hageshisa to... was just sort of plastered on the album. It felt so out of place because of the sheer length of time between releases. I imagine the same thing will happen with the next DEG album (at least, for me).

I imagine you'll be right, although in my case, utafumi will probably feel like just another album track instead of a recycled single. I can only remember the chorus, since I watched the preview vid several times, but I've only listened to the full song once. It's about as memorable as IMMORTALIS. DEG singles just aren't that interesting to me by themselves.

I'm also hoping the best-of album is re-recordings. Kind of ridiculous to announce something like this an entire year and a half in advance. I kind of just assumed that they abandoned this project after the "Twitter project" thing from last September.

The Decade releases were utterly shitty cash grabs, probably hastily cobbled together to meet a requirement for the label. This new one requires some love and attention. If they don't do rerecordings (which I kind of hope they don't based on everything DEG has released starting with Rinkaku being compressed until the dynamics are gone) I hope for a PROPER remaster. Look at what Radiohead did with OK Computer for inspiration of they must. Just don't run the original tracks back and raise all the knobs to 10 and call it all day. 

DIR EN GREY new best album, "VESTIGE OF SCRATCHES" will be released on January 2, 2018. Fans are free to request any songs for this release.

http://direngrey.co.jp/special/bestalbum/

【Limited edition】

4 discs (3CD+Blu-ray) ¥6,800 (tax out)

4 discs (3CD+DVD) ¥5,800 (tax out)

【Regular edition】

3CD ¥3,700 (tax out)

DL05FA9UMAAAaaU.jpg

I already own every release, so I don't care about the remasters. So for someone like me, ~£25/ ~£45 (not including shipping+customs) for 3 re-recordings is a bit crap. Hopefully they'll surface elsewhere.

Possibly it's worth it for those who just want a convenient collection of the most popular songs.

If the Decade releases are any indication, I’m not entirely sure this is going to be a collection of all the popular stuff. I mean Decade was basically all the singles and then some random shit.

To be fair, I do like the remaster of Uroboros over the original. But yeah, I don't see myself buying this release unless the tracklist is something unexpected/weird. Now if a song was exclusive to the compilation....

Kind of curious which 3 songs got re-recorded. Somehow kind of feel like we might at least be ending up w/ a studio version of the ''new'' Mazohyst they've been performing like forever now

and a shit ton of kyopera for the gods of kyopera tbh, I'm not looking forward re-recordings of anything pre-uroboros at all

unraveling was pure shit (they can butcher DSS anytime tho.)

2 hours ago, Dudemanguy said:

Now if a song was exclusive to the compilation....

I think they're more than aware this will rather encourage shit being shared online, not push sales

they couldn't be bothered with a winter single it seems, and I think they'll announce next album around the time gazette gives a release date for theirs

Praying none of the re-recorded tracks are Filth, Myaku and Ain't Afraid To Die, I will hate for one of my favourite song becoming absurd piece of screams and growl and hiss and squeals. 

Well, they've played original Byou Shin during mode of TMOAB, so that's a possibility. However, I doubt that fans would vote for this song.

3 hours ago, LIDL said:

Praying none of the re-recorded tracks are Filth, Myaku and Ain't Afraid To Die, I will hate for one of my favourite song becoming absurd piece of screams and growl and hiss and squeals. 

None of those songs would even translate into that style. I wouldn’t worry about it. 

Jesus. 44 songs. 3 CDs. 

Momma is curious for the tracklisting. 

Momma wants some remastered Gauze, Macabre and Kisoucracks please. Like now. 

21 minutes ago, Tokage said:

mfw people still don't seem to realize they can still listen to the old version of a song even after it gets re-recorded

No. Once it's got another version, it's not the same anymore.

Like, you like this one snacks item, and then somehow the producer release another snacks item from the original one but with slight flavor difference and tag it with "improved recipe" but it's actually not, or perfume, when the original one is already good and best selling but the perfumery decides to make another version, so each time you eat this snacks or use this perfume, you will remember about this second version of the thing, and wondering "but why?!", it ruins the legacy, and the memories of it.

Edited by LIDL

That analogy still implies that the original somehow disappears, which in this case it literally doesn't. The ONLY downside I can think of when it comes to these remakes is that it's most likely to be the version they'll be performing live from now on (although recent tours have shown they sometimes also play the older versions). Nobody's forcing you to listen to the new recordings' studio versions even once - you could just skip them and never check them out. It's not like Dynamite Tommy will barge into your living room and hold you at gunpoint 'til you do listen to them lol