So I didn't really notice much of a DECAYS topic on here , so I decided I'd start one ^ ^ ' 

I will be honest I like DECAYS more than Dir en grey even tho I'm more into heavier music , DECAYS is who I'll say I like the most out of the three ( Dir en grey , DECAYS , Sukekiyo ) . 

So I guess I'll ask some questions and you guys can answer to start a discussion yea ? 

Do you prefer when they had Yousuke singing with Die or Ataru ? 

My answer : I honestly much prefer Ataru . Her voice is really amazing and goes well with Die's . I have yet to hear a live video of her singing with him , but I really didn't like hearing Yousuke live when there was still a video of one of their lives was still up . 

What are your feelings about the members changes after Yousuke left ? 

My answer : I am honestly glad that Ayasa had joined in , all the Baby who wanders versions of the songs they remade are amazing in all honesty . I much prefer the Baby who wanders versions over

Red or Maryam

Red or Maryam or Baby who wanders ? 

My answer : Baby who wanders . I get to hear more of Die and the violin parts make the remakes so much better omg . 

What are some of your favorite songs ?

My answer : Eve , Vagabond , Kireina Yubi ( 綺麗な指 ) , Drifting Litter , and Velvet Bird . 

I've recently taken notice of the DECAYS (again) because of their most recent album, which I'm really impressed with. Zero Paradise and Ai to Ai wo Nokosazu are my favorite songs thus far.

I definitely prefer YUSUKE (not Yousuke) singing with Die, even though I love Ataru singing too. You aren't the first one I came across who has said they didn't enjoy hearing Yusuke's voice. Have you by any chance listened to THE NOVEMBERS? He's absolutely brilliant and talented, and I firmly believe there's a reason why Die chose him at first. Otherwise, I kinda agree that Die's voice is kinda meh, so I appreciate the other vocals more.

6 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I heard one of the early songs and it was autotune hell. Got scared away as a result.  Is it all like this? 

Not anymore , Velvet Bird isn't autotune at all and nor is Kireina Yubi . There are a few on Baby who wanders that are autotune ( HELLO NEW I , Die's parts in Rana ) but most of the songs on Baby who wanders are not autotune 

19 hours ago, VulgarKingdom said:

Not anymore , Velvet Bird isn't autotune at all and nor is Kireina Yubi . There are a few on Baby who wanders that are autotune ( HELLO NEW I , Die's parts in Rana ) but most of the songs on Baby who wanders are not autotune 

Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a try and just skip those tracks or something.

their album is much more interesting and creative compared to the first single (I barely remember what they had inbetween, a maxi single or an EP, but it was blah), and the vocals particularly are much better bc. first vocalist departed/got rotated out

On 4.7.2017 at 8:09 PM, LIDL said:

Die should never sing except for backing imho, he is not cut out for it.

So guitarists are never entitled to develop and put their vocal capabilities to the test outside of their axecraft?

Frankly speaking DIr is in DIRE need of some additional vocalists (not, not backup - think of SOAD for instance), since I bet you that barely any self-respecting listener could take Kyo-like chanteuse struggling his way through studio-grown vox when played live (even those album-themed lives got rather tragic near the end per each DVD).

Since decent clean vocals - i.e. anything but Kyo's murmuring -  in Dir have been pushed down to a minimum,  adding Die in as a legitimate 2nd vocalist would be defo captivating and "palatable" but not too "mainstream". Therefore, bashing Die here (= prospects for change) would mean doom for Dir and their papi DT once they realize their shtick is not being funded anymore...

Edited by Alroy

4 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

So guitarists are never entitled to develop and put their vocal capabilities to the test outside of their axecraft?

That is your own assumption tho. I never claim such thing.

Some gutarists are gifted with good vocals. But some others don't. It is not that deep really. Since you mention SOAD, clearly Daron is the former ones.  People can try to expand all they want but if in the end it doesn't work, they need to realize it sooner. It is better to give that job to someone who actually do it well tbh. Shrugs.

Not sure exactly whether we really should talk about this so-called "gift" of vocalcraft since almost no one in VK, nor from the former VK circles (incl. Kyo) has been naturally gifted with good vocals. They had to undergo years of non-stop training and "live experience" in order to tailor something you'd call "the gift" of passable vocals.

Die has a long way to go, yes, but that is not why he should stop singing. Dir has to reinvent themselves sooner or later, and Die's practices in DECAYS will be welcomed once this change becomes certain. Kyo cannot nor he will not do this shit alone, or the band shalt kaisan immediately without DT's damage control (unless Shinya signs his sayonaras earlier than expected).

Edited by Alroy

On July 7, 29 Heisei at 7:08 PM, Nowhere Girl said:

Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a try and just skip those tracks or something.

Sadly only Kireina Yubi has been uploaded to YouTube , I don't know if any places that may have their Baby who wanders album up 

I get you all have your own opinions but please don't argue about it ó _ ò 

yes Die's voice isn't the best but at least he's working on it , I can tell he's improved and there is still room for him to work on his vocals and improve . 

The fact that people gave up on DECAYS right after their FIRST release is really upsetting but I guess that tells you a lot about the DEG fans lmao . I just wish people wouldn't be so quick to judge someone based off their first release , keep in mind it's their first and most likely won't be their best because they always improve and get better with their talents . 

Edited by VulgarKingdom

3 hours ago, VulgarKingdom said:

The fact that people gave up on DECAYS right after their FIRST release is really upsetting but I guess that tells you a lot about the DEG fans lmao . I just wish people wouldn't be so quick to judge someone based off their first release , keep in mind it's their first and most likely won't be their best because they always improve and get better with their talents . 

Never rely on DEG fanbase and its standards when it comes to trying out anything outside of their usual post-Uroboros comfort zone. Sad to see denialist fans squirming and wriggling when cold truths are sounded out about how crucial it is for Dirs to get their creative shit together outside of DEG.  Maybe it's not the "DEG quality" they are seeking, but should it be though? What is their preferred alternative?

Now only if Toshiya decides to do solo, it could be kinda "palatable" too  (the second guy in DEG who actually got a bit "easier" with his tastes), and that's where popcorns are definitely recommended :)

Edited by Alroy

Just checked out Baby Who Wanders and it's a definite improvement over Red or Maryam, which was just all over the place stylistically. I like the addition of the violinist, and I'm always happy to hear Die's distinct "flicka flicka" guitar licks. It's not as experimental or progressive as DEG or Sukekiyo, but I do think it's very much what we should expect from Die. 

29 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Just checked out Baby Who Wanders and it's a definite improvement over Red or Maryam, which was just all over the place stylistically. I like the addition of the violinist, and I'm always happy to hear Die's distinct "flicka flicka" guitar licks. It's not as experimental or progressive as DEG or Sukekiyo, but I do think it's very much what we should expect from Die. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Baby who wanders , I actually cried a bit when I got it and listened to it and watched the Bluray that came with it . 

ANYWAY 

Have to heard Velvet Bird ( was a single sold at lives when Ataru first joined , someone uploaded it to YouTube ) it's really good , only Die sings that one and I love that song so much as well .