Sign in to follow this  
Kiyoharu is God

15-Artist D'ERLANGER Tribute Album Release 2017.9.13 + Lives

【RELEASE】D’ERLANGERトリビュートアルバム発売決定! 全15組の豪華アーティストによるアルバムのリリースが決定! 「D’ERLANGER TRIBUTE ALBUM ~Stairway to Heaven~」

2017/9/13発売(予定)

WPCL-12767 3,000円+税(予価)

<参加アーティスト>
ACID ANDROID/Angelo/INORAN×TERU×HISASHI/清春/Psycho le Cému/Justy-Nasty/THE SLUT BANKS/DIR EN GREY/DEZERT/HYDE/MUCC/MERRY/lynch./Rayflower(50音順)

A lot of great tribute album line ups this year. :)

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

Artists participating: ACID ANDROID, INORAN (LUNA SEA), Kiyoharu, TERU x HISASHI (GLAY), HYDE (VAMPS / L'Arc-en-Ciel), Angelo, Psycho le Cému, Justy-Nasty, THE SLUT BANKS, DIR EN GREY, DEZERT, MUCC, MERRY, lynch., and Rayflower

They'll also do a tribute live event September 15th (D'ERLANGER, Angelo, DEZERT, and D'ERLANGER feat. HYDE) & 16th (D'ERLANGER, lynch., Psycho le Cému, and D'ERLANGER feat. Kiyoharu) at the EX-Theater Roppongi in Tokyo.

Source (Japanese):

https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000144071#utm_source=tw_BARKS_VISUAL&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tw_auto

Edited by jaymee

Okay, at this point I have a bit of hard time while trying to connect any D'ER song to each one of those but...

I just want Dir to do those grim songs from BASILISK, pls.

DEZERT really did create roots in the scene, huh

1 hour ago, Carmelzors said:

Okay, at this point I have a bit of hard time while trying to connect any D'ER song to each one of those but...

I just want Dir to do those grim songs from BASILISK, pls.

weren’t you the one bursting everyone’s bubble and killing the fun in the MUCC tribute thread when people were going on mentioning old and obscure songs they wanted to see covered? what happened?

Edited by saishuu

I'm honestly surprised to see Dezert popping up on so many of these tribute albums. Are they really doing that well? Do they just have connections? 

42 minutes ago, saishuu said:

DEZERT really did create roots in the scene, huh

weren’t you the one bursting everyone’s bubble and killing the fun in the MUCC tribute thread when people were going on mentioning old and obscure songs? what happened?

giphy.gif

Since you missed this out, wise-ass:

I have a bit of hard time while trying to connect any D'ER song to each one of those but...

So what I said there was that I never had any firm, fanboy-tier opinion on D'ER hence having no say on what could be a nice fit off their catalogue per each artist.With MUCC it's totally opposite and I *knew* damn well that people digging in with ancient songs would make no sense in light of MUCC's extensive, DIVERSE catalogue, which already comprised shittons of gems circa post-Kuchiki days and so on.And let's note that D'ERLANGER has never undergone drastic changes in their sound unlike MUCC.

So point out where I threw in these buzz - no, "thread-killing" statements and try to at least provide solid arguments on why they were uncalled for  PLUS why would you prefer jisming nostalgia chumps using the same kind of rhetoric on newer releases, instead of being a dick (and keep your personal, bigoted bias elsewhere).

Edited by Alroy

20 minutes ago, Tokage said:

I'm honestly surprised to see Dezert popping up on so many of these tribute albums. Are they really doing that well? Do they just have connections? 

SORA is, or was, one of Tetsu's many drum students (maybe an ex-roadie as well). ネロ is also one of his former students.

I can see TUSK singing pretty much every D'ERLANGER song ever, so I'm good with whatever THE SLUT BANKS can come up with. But if they choose something like 1999 or INCARNATION OF EROTICISM, I'll be over the moon.

Also, I would LOVE to see anyone doing XXX for YOU, one of D'ERLANGER greatest offerings.

54 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

OH BOY HERE WE GO

like I am gonna waste any more of my time lol

I think HYDE is gonna grab either LA VIE EN ROSE or LULLABY. Really wanna hear MERRY covering 1999 -Shyboy story- though, it would be awesome.

SADISTIC EMOTION should go to INORAN×TERU×HISASHI, I can totally hear TERU singing it. Although I would not be mad if Psycho lé Cemu got it.

As for the others, here is what I would like to see:

MUCC - dummy blue

Angelo - NOIR D’amour (Kirito going off in the ’’I’M DYEEEEED’’ part would be peeeerfect)

清春 - 柘榴

DIR EN GREY - XXX for YOU

Edited by saishuu

Maybe it's not a good idea to bring up talks from other threads if you are very damn aware of earlier consequences here in MH.

Either way, seeing DEZERT here is definitely surprising even if SORA used to be tutored by Tetsu. They better not kaisan too early and take it up a notch if possible...they still need to grow a bit more distinguishable identity.

However, it is also a real damn shame to see Hyde and Yukihiro (a.k.a. the 45% of L'Arc) participating separately :(

Edited by Alroy

I'm not sure why people are surprised of seeing dezert here. They giged together last year with derlanger and caligari, and they're doing very well for a vk band. They've sold out blitz and venues likes that, no? 

I've not been In Japan for two years, but I'd say they're equally as popular as diaura and arlequin, but with a darker band concept.

anyway, not sure what to expect as I've only listened to derlangers la vie en rose album. I really hope to see sadistic emotion, dear secret lover, lazy sleazy and 1999 shy boy story on the album. 

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

The artists line up is really good too bad don't have Buck-Tick.

2 hours ago, r... said:

SORA is, or was, one of Tetsu's many drum students (maybe an ex-roadie as well). ネロ is also one of his former students.

I undestand more why I always see SORA face on Tetsu pics when he go drink beers with another drummers, I  always wondered if ネロ was inspired by the drum  style of Tetsu so now I have the response on my question.

At least we'll get some kind of "new" music from Dir en grey...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how my favs will tackle these songs. 

Especially Lynch.

Speaking of which, could we expect MUCC or someone else in this list to be the guest bassist for Lynch. since they still technically don't have one?

17 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

At least we'll get some kind of "new" music from Dir en grey...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how my favs will tackle these songs. 

Especially Lynch.

Speaking of which, could we expect MUCC or someone else in this list to be the guest bassist for Lynch. since they still technically don't have one?

Or they could just go LUNA SEA/BUCK-TICK  (remember those tribute lives they had, anniversary and stuff) and use D'ERLANGER members to fill those possible vacant spots for the time being or go cameo in their covers?

We still have to wait until lynch. actually makes some sort of decision to go with another full-time bassist or without them this time.

Edited by Alroy

21 minutes ago, Lereku said:

The artists line up is really good too bad don't have Buck-Tick.

I undestand more why I always see SORA face on Tetsu pics when he go drink beers with another drummers, I  always wondered if ネロ was inspired by the drum  style of Tetsu so now I have the response on my question.

When you listen to ネロ's drumming and then things like CRAZE, D'ERLANGER or BODY you can totally tell: "Oh right, he really likes Tetsu's busy style." And ネロ has said many, many times how much he loves CRAZE and D'ERLANGER.

I totally saw this coming when we got those announcements just like Mucc! But still so awesome.

Edited by Wonrei

5 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Mucc did already cover la vie en rose btw, if someone here hasn't heard it

Yeah, I really hope they pick something else this time. Their LVER cover is awesome though!

Sign in to follow this