Sign in to follow this  
sads123

What app do you use to record when attending concerts?

On 2017/7/1 at 10:02 PM, TrentReznor said:

People singing in concerts rude??? Most of the times u can see the artist are having like "the time of their life" when people sign with them (one good example is Noel Gallagher in Argentina)...I guess is just different cultures and way of being, I have the same feeling as you when I see some shows in Japan and people are like in a funeral without even clapping between songs :D

I dunno, quite a few (foreign) audience members tried it at the Years & Years live, and eventually Olly had to make a passive remark to shush them so he could, y'know, actually sing and be heard. Maybe some artists like it, but I don't get that vibe from what I see on YouTube. It often looks like the artist is just tolerating it.

Also, like... singing along loudly with the band seems to be a pretty recent thing, like within the past 10 years. (At least in the U.S..) When I was going to concerts in high school people may have moshed, danced, crowd surfed, or mouthed along/sang in a low voice, but they didn't actually drown out the singer with their off key voices. It's just another one of those selfish "me, me, me" things people do now without any consideration to the other people around them.

In any case, recording is generally prohibited in Japan, but live houses will usually give it a pass if it's a non-Japanese artist playing. It's also in poor taste to sing along when not cued.  I've seen more live houses overseas looking like a funeral than in Japan tbh, but I have been to bigger concerts like Lady Gaga in Japan where most of the people just came just to come, and weren't actually that familiar with the artist or their songs so the crowd was pretty dead.

As far as VK goes, you do furi for songs that have it, headbang/gyakudai/whatev for the harder songs, and for ballads it's polite to just listen, really soak in the atmosphere, and then applaud after.

Sign in to follow this