Sign in to follow this  
emmny

5 Visual Kei Bands To Watch: Summer 2017

Featured Review Question of Summer 2017  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these bands do you think will be the most influential in five years?

• キズ (Kizu)
    • 0.1gの誤算
    • シェルミィ (Shellmy)
    • ジャックケイパー (Jack Caper)
    • -真天地開闢集団-ジグザグ "True Heaven and Earth Beginnings Group" Zigzag

Keeping my eye on kizu, and I just gave gosan another chance and I fucked with both pv songs I took a look at & I really enjoy the stories. I don't know maybe it's just me, but the infamy and the extremity just adds to the mystique for me because that's probably what I'd do myself if I was a bandman.

Really good list though, and I think you're the best writing on the site atm. In a way it reminds me of what I try to do myself, like that you're able to relate what shit sounds and sincerely feel like without resorting to ambiguous reviewer speak or hitting yourself on the head with the dictionary and being phoney. Good stuff. 

Seconding all of what Duwang said. I liked You when he was in LucaRia but he's a huge turnoff now. There's a big difference between enthusiastically hyping the crowd up and coming down from stage and forcing random people who simply aren't into you to do your furi. At the live I was at he did that to a few girls who weren't even there to see gosan and hurt one of them almost to the point of tears. Maybe their fans like his badass attitude or whatever idk... but terrorizing fans of other bands at the same taiban and depriving them of a space to enjoy their bands in peace is def not cool at all. Anyway the amount of complaints you can find on Twitter on his live behavior is unreal.

Edited by hiroki

It's strange, I keep hearing this horrible stuff about Gosan and I did not experience or witness it once and I saw them four times in Japan (2 taiban and 2 oneman). After the last oneman I stuck around for the mini talk and polaroid meets and Yuu was a total sweetheart to me! He even dropped the yankee accent so I didn't have to struggle to understand him.

The crazy furi is a huge part of why I love their lives so much and I go all out, even if I make mistakes in the more complicated parts.

Sign in to follow this