Alkaloid

Initial'L new mini album "FIREFLY" release

looks like i'm gonna get roped into buying and actually enjoying this release just like i have with all of their others... so heck yeah i'm ready. plus this look is pretty good

Edited by itsukoii

not quite the dumpster fire I lowkey came for, nothing special at all. pls get g0th lycaon sfx backkkk

2 hours ago, Shaolan974 said:

I don't understand why they want to do the same thing as many other Jrock bands

japan loves their mediocrity, they're probably imagining themselves as the next SID or smth already

they literally sat around a table after lycaon died and wondered how to strip all personality and character from their sound

6 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

they start with such a strong and deep voice then it becomes high and kinda annoying

did you post this in the wrong thread or???? I love yuuki's vocals but "strong" and "deep" are legit opposites of what he does singing-wise

ha lycaon era:

Edited by nekkichi

I like it and see nothing wrong with a song that will probably cater to a wider mainstream audience. As along as this isn't every release like this, I don't mind it occasionally.

They are even dressed like SID ffs.

Everyone and their mother in Japan are eventually forced by their circumstances to wiggle their butts and sing one-time Uverworld serenades in order to get hired by major label overlords - I don't think being indie for a long goddamn time is possible financially these days over there? Music marketing different from what it was in the 00s, live attendance lower, lesser degrees of eagerness to explore music etc.

Off-topic, but did we even cover or discuss HOW and/or WHAT exactly is going on with monthly/annual funds (or wage, if it applies to musicians as well) of an average (indie) vk bandoman these days?

Edited by Alroy

13 hours ago, nekkichi said:

did you post this in the wrong thread or???? I love yuuki's vocals but "strong" and "deep" are legit opposites of what he does singing-wise

ha lycaon era:

i like yuuki's voice too,but i felt that at the early lycaon his voice sounded better

idk really, to me the only difference is that he stopped screaming/growling entirely somewhere before camera obscura came out.

his current voice is the same, but lack of punch from guitars and bland, barebones arrangement are dragging everything down for me ://