Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

DADAROMA new single ポルノグラフ release

2 minutes ago, Shmilly said:

Sounds fine, I don't get all the hate from a preview of the last 50 seconds of the song. Look at Zouka to Kalashnikov, people complained it was too soft and then the full version came out with those brutal breakdowns.

Don't mind about these people, most of them don't like any bands that are having more than 10  fans at their liveshow and troll their way for lulz ;)

Can see myself going either way with this. The way it progresses kind of suggests that there could be some cool sections in it like in Zouka, but we'll see. Very much doubt it'll be heavy though.

2 hours ago, Disposable said:

Seen this visual kei career trajectory so many times in my life that I don't even recognise the feeling of disappointment anymore. 

The A-side is cute I like it, and I wish the section at the end had been in a song that banged a bit more in general.

I have to agree 110% here... Main track sounds better than expected but still doesn't get me much, sidetracks are meh as usual. I'm soooo saaaaaad~

srsly?! i'm kinda getting worried by now - last minialbum total borefest and now they even continue - sure that breakdown at the end sounds nice but still doesn't make me wan't to buy it just for that few seconds....

26 minutes ago, Yukimoto said:

I'm not to sure why everyone is basing them off of "Oboreru Sakana"... It's a band let them progress how they want to. If you like it buy it if you don't then don't...

Absolutely!

As a lover of heavier sounds I am just kinda disappointed in this "light" turn, they pulled off pieces as Oboreru Sakana, Ame no Waltz and even Lucid Dream that to me are masterpieces, and I just would really like them to go deeper into that way :(

4 hours ago, Yukimoto said:

I'm not to sure why everyone is basing them off of "Oboreru Sakana"... It's a band let them progress how they want to. If you like it buy it if you don't then don't...

Honestly they could rewrite Oboreru Sakana with different lyrics and people would still complain that it's not the "real" Dadaroma

i think they have already released enough ballad songs like the track 2,seriously...

DADAROMA should be a DEATHCORE band,but they are a pop rock band,i need to accept this...

i still waiting for some oboreru sakana part 2

3 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

i think they have already released enough ballad songs like the track 2,seriously...

DADAROMA should be a DEATHCORE band,but they are a pop rock band,i need to accept this...

i still waiting for some oboreru sakana part 2

I don't think they are a pop-rock band per-se I just fill like sometimes visual kei bands can just be very fluid so sometimes you get what you like and sometimes you don't, unless you are open to more then one genre, being said you just buy what you like and skip those you don't.

I don't think they do too many ballads but they do like their jazzy tunes and their rock tunes and sometimes they give you that edge hard rock sound you want. Maybe the next round of songs will have more growls and so forth. Honestly the samples aren't that long anyway so you may change your mind after the full song is released

Edited by Yukimoto

From DADAISM 1 this band was always more multi-faceted than some treated them as. I remember being disappointed even back then that this band wasn't just going to do 6 minute metalcore epics, but instead we got some goofy shit like MONEY and SEX. That was a seminal release for them however, and it's evident that most of the things they've done stylistically already had their precursors in their very first release. Stuff like Saishuu Densha, Risley Circus and etc. I think is all within reason for this band. 

What I do take objection to however, is the toning down of the metalcore in favour of some middle of the road Lynch rock dog shit that finally seemed to have gotten the upper hand for the first time on DADAISM 3. I used to think that they're going to do things in cycles and go through their respective stylistic gamut in the span of 4 to 5 releases, but it's kind of warranted to be lead to believe now that a recognisable shift has started to take place on the very molecular level of their musical palette. Rushing to conclusions based on two releases? Possibly, but the fact of the matter is that we've seen this transition happen so many times already, and if it quacks like a duck in a pond with twenty of them it's not hard to become worried.

Btw you're already starting to see the same key phrases with this band that you saw with Girugamesh back in the day like "progression" and "if they rewrote X people still wouldn't be satisfied," going even as far as to "you just don't understand what they're about." 

You see many band disband and change in the new band with different member 

like Aicle. Disband transform Yeti like pop rock 

Girugamesh not disband he change lot  

DIR EN GREY not the same band you see old time 

Alice Nine change in pop rock A9 

(All Bands Change for Reason ) Truth Life 

still like DADAROMA 

dont care he change the style of the music 

for me he still the same band with same member that nice 

For the record, according to a post Yoshi made on the FC blog a while back, they are just making music the way they want to, which means they may continue down a softer path, or they may return to heavy metal again in the future, but nothing is planned out or decided. Toning down the screams on the heavier tracks on dadaism 3 was an intentional musical decision to achieve what he/they wanted to with those songs.

TL;DR props to the band for just making the music they want to make.

Also new single presale @ tour final, so I'll be picking it up then.

I think bands should always follow their own path and do music that they like best. Otherwise the end results will turn out soulless and fans don't like the songs even if they resemble their preferred era of songwriting.

Having said that, of course as a fan or whatever, I can voice my opinion about their music too and decide whether I want to follow them or not. The thing is, I feel like DDRM is losing their edge and the defining aspect that kept me interested in them. With every new release they sound more and more like one of those one-in-dozen VK bands that pops up every day. And to make matters worse, I don't think DDRM's songwriting shines brightest with lighter songs. I think there are more catchy and interesting rock bands around that do lighter material.

I'm not alone with these thoughts so that's why the situation is troublesome. I don't think anyone is ditching the ship quite yet, but it's obvious people aren't as excited with their latest releases. Maybe DDRM's direction brings new fans? who knows, all the more power to those who like this stuff.

Edited by orange~

8 hours ago, orange~ said:

I think bands should always follow their own path and do music that they like best. Otherwise the end results will turn out soulless and fans don't like the songs even if they resemble their preferred era of songwriting.

Having said that, of course as a fan or whatever, I can voice my opinion about their music too and decide whether I want to follow them or not. The thing is, I feel like DDRM is losing their edge and the defining aspect that kept me interested in them. With every new release they sound more and more like one of those one-in-dozen VK bands that pops up every day. And to make matters worse, I don't think DDRM's songwriting shines brightest with lighter songs. I think there are more catchy and interesting rock bands around that do lighter material.

I'm not alone with these thoughts so that's why the situation is troublesome. I don't think anyone is ditching the ship quite yet, but it's obvious people aren't as excited with their latest releases. Maybe DDRM's direction brings new fans? who knows, all the more power to those who like this stuff.

I totally feel you, bro.

Im my small circle I was the biggest advocate for DDRM when they started. They had amazing vibes, and the way they mixed jazz elements into their B-sides - oh, that was sooo good. Even with Riley Circus, that I am not the biggest fan of, they experimented a lot, which kept me interested in them. But Dadaism #3 and some ballad songs (Kurt, if I am not mistaken) - this is where they lost their edge for me.

I kinda get the idea that they want to experiment with the direction that they go in, but it was an absolutely mediocre release for a band that experimented so much early on. Their wasn't a single song that had any unexpected elements and motives in it. Yes, it was a cool mini for some new band that didn't have any features that actually defined their previous releases, but not for DDRM. And it's not my expectations, but rather the standard that they set for themselves.

To a degree, I am genuinely interested in their new release (alas that the preview didn't give me any vibes). So we will see.

Edited by zaa_zaa

True, they did feel more experimental! Of course it's not fair to judge a newcomer band and the band DDRM is now, because at the beginning of their cycle, people didn't know their whole palette. So naturally every new song felt more fresh. Another point I'd like to make is that DDRM is still very much a new band as far as normal music scenes go. They've been around for what? A couple of years? And only got one "full album" out. So I would say VK scenes are part to blame here and the desperate need to push new music out every other month. *sigh* It is what it is.

I'm interested every time a new DDRM release comes too, don't get me wrong, there is a lot of potential in the band :)

Sign in to follow this