helcchi

JILUKA

9 minutes ago, Wakarimashita said:

Kathy, silly question: where's the .gif in your signature from? A making of?

(Is there a link? XD)

Yeah, it’s from the making of Ajna Jishuban club version lol 

If there's something from them that is as uncommon as good is the fact that they just get better and heavier each release. They started playing lighter music with some heavy elements and are now consolidated with br00tal deathcore that kicks ass. I wonder how good they can get...

I'm so disappointed by Jiluka's new album. Every song has the same structure and even sounds the same the whole album around. Ricko's harsh vocals have never been stellar and it shows here, combined with his lacking english during the clean parts...it's one of his worst performances. While Sena is technically a brilliant guitarist, he doesn't seem to have any imagination beyond super fast sweep-picking and the same fucking breakdown they've been using for years. Also, it would be kinda nice if Zyean did more than constant blast beats, but considering the songs that Sena presented, I suppose it didn't leave much room to breathe, creatively. (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he does most of the songwriting)

Maybe I expected too much of this record, considering they've released so many gems in the past (while innovating with every release), but damn, I'm so fucking salty now. It's still quality stuff that I like, but with the standard I held them to...this album just didn't cut it.

It's like Far East Dizain all over again...

Edited by 123Sandman321

Tbh, I fail to see how this release is the same as the previous ones, since it's completely different from everything else they've released before and they took another music direction with it.

Well Mephisto is pretty much Omelas with different lyrics. Even the chorus is pretty much the same. The rest of the album is great though. But holy fucking shit Petrichor is horrible. It's like listening to Juri's solo stuff. 

Somebody really needs to let these guys know that putting a breakdown on every song doesn't make it good and will probably make for a very tiring live.

Yeah I'd say that it was the worst album I've heard in 2018 so far. The musicianship is definitely good but composition-wise it's simply amateurish. Their stuff was never well-produced but the album sounds pretty bad, the guitars almost sound like VST sometimes and the drums couldn't sound more triggered (does anyone knows if Zyean records his drum parts on an electronic drum kit? That would make a lot of sense). Ricko isn't a perfect vocalist and his crappy english gave a charming charachter to his voice but I don't think he sounds good here. Also what was the deal with "Petrichor"? It simply doesn't fit the album.

Also, good fucking god, can Ricko's lyrics be any more cringy? "ELIZA" lyrics make me feel ashamed of myself for listening to it. This dude should simply write in japanese, his english pretty much only consist of  "MOTHERFUCKER BITCH BLEGH"

39 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

Also, good fucking god, can Ricko's lyrics be any more cringy? "ELIZA" lyrics make me feel ashamed of myself for listening to it. This dude should simply write in japanese, his english pretty much only consist of  "MOTHERFUCKER BITCH BLEGH"

Ricko doesn't write the lyrics, Sena does. Jiluka's music is 100% written by Sena.

As for my opinion about the album, it's pretty meh imo. I'm of a similar opinion as 123Sandman321. Everything sounds like copy/paste to me. Sena is a really talented guy but I'm disappointed by the lack of diversity, yet at the same time I'm not too surprised that I didn't like the album since I haven't really liked anything they've put out for a while. I've also stopped going to their lives cause they never change their set lists. Everything about them is so futsuu these days imo.

I listened to the album a couple times today and I must say I enjoyed it more than I expected. Mephisto and Petrichor were the only ones I found a bit meh but otherwise I really liked the songs. I'll be listening to this album a lot, that's for sure.

What's the thoughts on the release of the new covers EP? Personally as much as I absolutely love Jiluka and think they're amazing, I can't muster up any enthusiasm for this release, it's their own songs and style that makes them standout. Am sure they will cover these songs in their usual style, so will be interesting to hear a preview (if they release one) but so far, don't think I'll be purchasing this one (or two, haha).

After Metamorphosis, which was rather disappointing, I'm really hoping for a breath of fresh air, which these covers might bring.

I just wish, they won't give all the songs the same technical deathcore treatment. Sena's guitar-wanking is getting rather stale.

4 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

What's the thoughts on the release of the new covers EP? Personally as much as I absolutely love Jiluka and think they're amazing, I can't muster up any enthusiasm for this release, it's their own songs and style that makes them standout. Am sure they will cover these songs in their usual style, so will be interesting to hear a preview (if they release one) but so far, don't think I'll be purchasing this one (or two, haha).

I am super hyped, can't wait to hear that Do As Infinity cover. I know the acoustic version is going to be amazing.

Does anyone have that meme I made? It has Ricko's angry face and says "200% lethal". It's in the style of the cut out memes, like this one:

adb.jpg_large

On 6/16/2017 at 6:14 AM, helcchi said:

→ INCLINE(ゆっけ/yukke) (ba) → AfterEffect(未来/miroku) (ba) → un:slip(SENA)

Where's the source for this?  It's innacurate and there is no Japanese source confirming this, just a bunch of western blogs.

8 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Where's the source for this?  It's innacurate and there is no Japanese source confirming this, just a bunch of western blogs.

Vkdb, but that could be wrong too. Same birthday tho

8 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Yeah, judging by the nose alone, I don't think they're the same person ... Unless he had some work done.

Spoiler

EA4Vm9-U8AIWQS0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

miroku.gif

3 hours ago, helcchi said:

Vkdb, but that could be wrong too. Same birthday tho

I actually checked your source and the file for that Miroku guy and JLK's Sena are two different pages lmao

Thx Duwang, I didn't want to drop that info w/o your permission lol

Edit: Sena also confirmed in a recent interview he started playing guitar right after finding out about VK, no more than 8 years ago. There's no way he was IN a VK band over 10 years ago.

Edited by Komorebi

I like them. Their music is kinda monotonous, I would like to hear more improvising with sound and instruments, but they are a good band.

Abit on the bench about this "best of" album, a couple of new songs and a handful of re-recordings (which in the past for them have been quite dramatic in difference) but otherwise doesn't it just seem like a glorified single/mini album just with a larger price tag? lol.