Ba. Boogie [twitter]

→ JILUKA

Dr. Zyean [twitter]

→ XALTEA(裂夜/Sakiya) → JILUKA (2015-)

Former members: 

Dr. JaiL

Website | Twitter | Youtube | Ameblo | iTunes

jiluka1.jpg

Might as well add JILUKA ahead of their new mini album release next week...

JILUKA are an intriguing oddball quartet with a ridiculous amount of talent and one of only a handful of visual kei bands to have featured in Young Guitar Magazine.

With guitar-head Sena at the helm, vocalist Ricko with a bottomless pit of lung capacity, bassist Boogie who likes to boogie and drummer Zyean blasting his way to 300 bpm completing the lineup, they draw their inspiration from an assortment of influences from classical music to heavy metal - conceptualizing heaviness with melodic lines.

Zyean who joined the band in 2015, lists black metal, brutal death metal, technical death metal and power metal as his go-to subgenres; with Mayhem, Darkthrone, Dimmu Borgir, Meshuggah, Cryptopsy, Gamma Ray and Sonata Arctica among some of his favorite bands. And following in the footsteps of senpais like Fumiya from Galneryus, Kouki Akita from GAUNTLET, and Shuji from Gyze, it’s easy to hear this energy dictate the rhythm of current JILUKA.

Despite their short years in the industry, JILUKA comes across as a band serious about their music – making fast progress with their hard-earned skills and backed by the producers of DELUHI and Galeyd. Although admittedly JILUKA's earlier works greatly borrowed from Deluhi, they’ve really come into their own in recent times. It will be interesting to see how they'll mature and grow.

Spoiler

2013.05.06 Single

Sicks

71596c32e056475bab603d466c392732.jpg

1. Sicks

2. Segregator

2015.02.04 Single

Screamer

jacket.png

1. Screamer

2. Monophobia

2015.04.08 Mini album

Brave Agonistic Letters Under Segregation

cd_dprj1002.png

1. B.A.L.U.S
2. Screamer ※m.a. edit 
3. Prisoners 
4. D.O.J 
5. Crossing Fate

2015.08.05 Mini album

Destrieb

cd_dprj1003.png

1. -Krishna-
2. Twisted Pain
3. ZONE
4. Parasite
5. Raison d’etre
6. Sacrifice
7. Primal Urge

2015.11.11 Single

Lluvia

cd_dprj1004.png

1. Lluvia
2. Azure

2016.04.20 Single

Faizh

cd_dprj1005.jpg

1. Faizh
2. Lethal Affliction

2016.12.21 Single

Divine Error

cd_dprj1006a.jpgcd_dprj1006b.jpg

1. -Blasphemy-
2. Divine Error
3. Citrus(TYPE-A)/ Faceless(TYPE-B)

2017.06.28 Mini album

Xenomorphic

DPRJ1007_jk.jpg

1. -Bipolar-
2. Omelas
3. Ajna
4. Bloodshot
5. Necropolis
6. Helix

2017.10.25 Single

Ajna -SgVer-

DPRJ1008_JK_L.jpg

1. Ajna -SgVer-
2. M.A.D
3. Ajna -KARAOKE (SgVer)-

2018.05.20 Live-limited single

Hellraiser

DcGOJobUQAEXR18.jpg

1. Hellraiser

2. Divine Error -another story-

2018.09.12 Album

Metamorphose

DjWTBUIVsAAJ_b5.jpgDjWTC9fU8AAAcNi.jpg

1. Biometrics
2. Mephisto
3. Hellraiser
4. ELIZA
5. Matrix
6. Limbo
7. Node
8. Amnesia
9. Obliterator
10. Atlantis
11. Petrichor

DVD

『THE CHAOTIC ZION』– Live abstraction from 160521

e5RpufS.jpg

1. ZONE
2. Raison d’etre
3. Primal Urge
4. Screamer
5. Twisted Pain
6. Lethal Affliction (MV)

『The Chronostasis』- Live abstraction from 160923 -

qfPUj02.jpg

〜opening〜
1. ZONE
2. Prisoners
〜drums solo〜
3. Lethal Affliction
4. Lluvia
5. Crossing Fate
〜ending〜

Edited by helcchi

never heard of them before but then I saw them for the first time in 2015 on DOAKs first live and fell in love with them during their first song (it was B.A.L.U.S)

sadly I only could see them twice, but their lives were full of energy and I had so much fun!

They're one of my favorite (active) artists rn

Jiluka is hands down one of my most favorite bands currently in the VK scene. They're all really talented and it's amazing how each song is well composed. With each release they get better and better and I'm really excited for their upcoming mini. I know it's going to be amazing! 

I’ve just unearthed old photos of XALTEA and look who their drummer was!

LYnCBBm.jpg

XALTEA of all places, it blows my mind.

Back then he was known as Sakiya and his blog is still online

On 16/6/2017 at 11:16 PM, Kathy said:

Jiluka is hands down one of my most favorite bands currently in the VK scene. They're all really talented and it's amazing how each song is well composed. With each release they get better and better and I'm really excited for their upcoming mini. I know it's going to be amazing! 

Totally the best band in the scene atm. I want the full CD as soon as possible

On 6/16/2017 at 6:14 AM, helcchi said:

Reveal hidden contents

2013.05.06 Sicks

1. Sicks

2. Segregator

2015.02.04 Screamer

jacket.png

1. Screamer

2. Monophobia

2015.04.08 Brave Agonistic Letters Under Segregation

cd_dprj1002.png

1. B.A.L.U.S
2. Screamer ※m.a. edit 
3. Prisoners 
4. D.O.J 
5. Crossing Fate

2015.08.05 Destrieb

cd_dprj1003.png

1. -Krishna-
2. Twisted Pain
3. ZONE
4. Parasite
5. Raison d’etre
6. Sacrifice
7. Primal Urge

2015.11.11 Lluvia

cd_dprj1004.png

1. Lluvia
2. Azure

2016.04.20 Faizh

cd_dprj1005.jpg

1. Faizh
2. Lethal Affliction

2016.12.21 Divine Error

cd_dprj1006a.jpgcd_dprj1006b.jpg

1. -Blasphemy-
2. Divine Error
3. Citrus(TYPE-A)/ Faceless(TYPE-B)

2017.06.28 Xenomorph

DPRJ1007_jk.jpg

1. -Bipolar-
2. Omelas
3. Ajna
4. Bloodshot
5. Necropolis
6. Helix

They have a single when JaiL (original drummer) was in the band, called Sicks. It had two tracks, the second of which is a precursor version of B.A.L.U.S.

71596c32e056475bab603d466c392732.jpg

1. Sicks
2. Segregater

It fetches a pretty penny and I've seen it on sale for ~8,600Y, but there's no way in hell I'm paying that amount of money for it, especially since Ricko is not at his prime in it and whines in it.

Oh, they also have two live DVDs.

e5RpufS.jpg

『THE CHAOTIC ZION』– Live abstraction from 160521

1. ZONE
2. Raison d’etre
3. Primal Urge
4. Screamer
5. Twisted Pain
6. Lethal Affliction (MV)

qfPUj02.jpg

『The Chronostasis』- Live abstraction from 160923 -

〜opening〜
1. ZONE
2. Prisoners
〜drums solo〜
3. Lethal Affliction
4. Lluvia
5. Crossing Fate
〜ending〜

Thanks @patientZEROI'll update the discography with the DVDs. Sicks was already in the original post, but I couldn't find the image, so thanks for that as well ^_^

Edited by helcchi

15 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

Same here! I'm oddly proud of owning their full discography.

I'm only missing Lluvia right now, somehow forgot to order it when they released it (shame on me) and now it seems like it's not available anymore.
Asked my Jiluka shopping service if she's able to get a copy for me tho (auction sites are way to expensive for me rn, so I hope she'll be successful)

12 minutes ago, -Tetsu- said:

I'm only missing Lluvia right now, somehow forgot to order it when they released it (shame on me) and now it seems like it's not available anymore.
Asked my Jiluka shopping service if she's able to get a copy for me tho (auction sites are way to expensive for me rn, so I hope she'll be successful)

It looks like Amazon JP has a copy!

Can we dub them as "post-hardcore" too? I'm not into the genre and I see many metalcore bands associated with it, so...

And I need their DVDs b a d l y.

I don't care for any genre. There's always the argument that a band exists in A or B. They're metal. Leave it at that.

Oh, and the DVDs are great. The sound production is phenomenal, but I wish they were a bit longer.

On 28.10.2017 at 9:08 PM, patientZERO said:

It looks like Amazon JP has a copy!

thanks! but since I'm going to Japan in December I'll try to get it there.

Sadly there's no Jiluka live during the time I'm in Tokyo (yet)

20 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

Oh, and the DVDs are great. The sound production is phenomenal, but I wish they were a bit longer.

I was really surprised by the good sound,  I thought it's going to be just a bad recording of some of their performances.

14 hours ago, patientZERO said:

For 3000Y, they better sound that good! Haha!

true! but I got a few DVDs that were way more expensive and the sound was sooo bad

They performed their fourth (offically numbered) oneman at Shibuya O-West last night, which is a pretty big success for an indie VK band. I'm hoping the place was jam packed with fans! During their live they announced that their fifth (offically numbered) oneman will be back at O-West on 2018.05.20!

Their set list was posted as well. You can see that they shot a live PV for their B-side to Ajna -SgVer-, M.A.D!

DN3ySVkVQAEdQqS.jpg

I don't know about you all, but I'm making my own playlist so I can see how the songs flow when I'm at work tomorrow.

Edited by patientZERO

7 hours ago, patientZERO said:

They performed their fourth (offically numbered) oneman at Shibuya O-West last night, which is a pretty big success for an indie VK band. I'm hoping the place was jam packed with fans! During their live they announced that their fifth (offically numbered) oneman will be back at O-West on 2018.05.20!

Their set list was posted as well. You can see that they shot a live PV for their B-side to Ajna -SgVer-, M.A.D!

DN3ySVkVQAEdQqS.jpg

I don't know about you all, but I'm making my own playlist so I can see how the songs flow when I'm at work tomorrow.

I saw many fans selling tickets on twitter during the past month, so I don't know how packed it might have been. I can ask though. But if they announced a 5th oneman right afterwards it musn't have been bad.

I also made that playlist lol

They are definitely my favorite band right now (besides D being my honmei). If someone knows a shopping service that goes to their lives PLEASE let me know, I need to throw them my whole paycheck. 

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

They are definitely my favorite band right now (besides D being my honmei). If someone knows a shopping service that goes to their lives PLEASE let me know, I need to throw them my whole paycheck. 

I think @-Tetsu-said something about knowing someone who goes to JILUKA lives. They also have an online shop that occasionally sells goods other than their music. There's nothing on there now other than nail stickers, but they did have parkas, shirts and towels up in the past.

2 hours ago, patientZERO said:

I think @-Tetsu-said something about knowing someone who goes to JILUKA lives. They also have an online shop that occasionally sells goods other than their music. There's nothing on there now other than nail stickers, but they did have parkas, shirts and towels up in the past.

I check their online shop everyday since they announced the new goods two weeks ago. 

I have issues, I know. 

16 hours ago, patientZERO said:

I think @-Tetsu-said something about knowing someone who goes to JILUKA lives.

yeah! I could ask her if its okay to share her contact on her, but I don't know if she is accepting orders right now

35 minutes ago, -Tetsu- said:

yeah! I could ask her if its okay to share her contact on her, but I don't know if she is accepting orders right now

If she is, I'll pay whatever she wants xD