蝉時雨色 -semishigureiro-

[SOLVED] Post signature

Just noticed the group your account is in. You need to have certain post count to enable signature on your profile.

This is just how we deal with spammers putting external links on their profiles without any posts.

Feel free to move this if this derails from the original purpose of this topic.

I've been on this forum for quite some time, and yet I still have a size limit of pics that I'd put on my signature. Therefore, I'm forced to pick out tiny pics, most that aren't even good or are hard to find for the pic I want, for my signature display. Sometimes, I have to save the pic, resize it to the suitable 600x180 limit, or around that, and it's still not enough or it doesn't display correctly. However, I've noticed that some people aren't subject to this limitation and certain others are allowed to have gargantuan signatures that take up most of the space on the threads they post on, or have inappropriate content on it. Fortunately I can ignore these kinds of signatures, but that doesn't mean others, especially newer users, can see this and these people tend to get away with having signatures like this.

So I want to ask, why do I have signature restrictions on my account? Why doesn't it apply for others, and why are they allowed to have questionable content or huge signatures that take up space?

Edited by sheepprincessgara

Thanks for the heads up, @sheepprincessgara!

Apparently, this is an incorrect setting on certain groups; i.e. Hot People and etc. Non-staff groups excluding ORZ should now have the same signature permissions.

Max number of images: 3

Max size per image: 600*200 px

Max links: 4

Max lines of text: 10

However, existing large images in signature aren't going anywhere unless the user edit their own. The limits above should  be adequate in most cases anyway.