Sign in to follow this  
waive1129

RAINDIA will disband

Expected this sooner or later.
Their first mini was amazing for me (while obviously bad produced and often crappy - it still had its charme).
Recording quality improved with the singles, vocals didnt, songs started to sound boring, no big loss in the end.

Just thought they wait until tour is finished and they notice they didnt go anywhere with their 2 singles and then decide to disband.

They were one of those bands with the online image of their atmosphere (another DEZERT etc.) differing a lot on how they were in reality/live.

sucks to see them kick the can before their first oneman even, but they looked and sounded incredibly confused and i think their staff was even more at fault then the band.  they gave these guys a fucking weibo page and full chinese+english translations on YT videos so they were trying to market to chinese people, westerners and japanese people at the same fucking time with a band having a mostly unmarketable sound. i think the band was an experiment gone wrong by some weird vk idol splice people behind the scenes with a lot of money put into production/promotion/lalalala but little live/instore turnout. miyoshi is talented though, he needs to go on his own and make some massive grieva tier old school band because he was the only one (i think) who was an actual old school vk fan.

Edited by emmny

Listen to the new mini the disbanding becomes really more of a shame. Those rerecording are really good.

New version of 秋入梅 reminds me of some of those early/mid 00's jazzy eroguro songs like when ムック or メリー used to be good.

The single is also better than the samples made me think.

20 hours ago, emmny said:

miyoshi is talented though, he needs to go on his own and make some massive grieva tier old school band because he was the only one (i think) who was an actual old school vk fan.

What makes you think so? Nearly all songs were written by 孝浩.

But i do support the idea of the label/staff/management being a big reason for the disbanding. Looking at the OHP from RINrecords i see some bigger band/solo names showing up, maybe they weren't ready yet and wanted to take a step back?

But I also do think we will see the members soon again. Definitly 三好健 and 孝浩.

Sign in to follow this