Hello everyone!  It's been quite a while since I've used a forum, but bear with me!  I'm romy from the USA, and just this past weekend I got to see metronome (one of my faves!) live and it sort of rekindled my jrock passion.  I've loved jrock since high school but it's so hard to find anyone to talk to about the bands I like!  Hopefully some of you (any of you lol) are as into sharaku kobayashi as I am, haha!  

Nice to meet you! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Welcome to MH

Nice intro dear, me too i loved J-rock since high school too and also i'm feeling the same way as you, so we can be good friends and lets talk about other bands that we liked.

enjoy your time.

1 hour ago, The Reverend said:

Welcome!

I haven't been keeping up with Metronome since they came back, any highlights from the show in Toronto??

It was a pretty straightforward set of mostly new stuff, but in the middle Sharaku did try and talk to the crowd in english, which was really cute.  He told us his name was Naruto and he had hair like Dragonball.  The next day at the q&a panel someone got him to sing acapella for us, which was really cool too!

19 hours ago, Tokage said:

Ayyy, another Meto/Sharaku fan, n i c e! 

hell yes!  floppy is my #1 fave band, but I really love all his work.  Love those bleep-bloop sounds

Welcome to the forum!

If you have any question feel free to reach out to a mod or an admin (anyone with a red or blue name).

Welcome to the forum!

I've only seen Metronome a couple of times, but they always put on a great show!
And I really wanted to go to their upcoming Crush of Mode live with PLC in July but they announced the date after I'd already decided to go to/bought tickets for Fuji Rock. D:

Oh, nice to see another metronome fan! I was at the Toronto concert as well. Missed the Q&A, unfortunately, since I mixed up the time and got there like a solid hour after it was over, but the show was great.

On 6/29/2017 at 7:17 PM, violetchain said:

Oh, nice to see another metronome fan! I was at the Toronto concert as well. Missed the Q&A, unfortunately, since I mixed up the time and got there like a solid hour after it was over, but the show was great.

Oh that's too bad!  I initially only had a saturday pass but bought a sunday one just for the q&a, lol.  I heard somewhere that j-rock north was gonna release footage of the panel, but I haven't seen anything yet so maybe it's not true?  (I did snag a few brief shaky vids of sharaku if that's something you're interested in tho?)  But yeah, the show was great!  I kind of wish I'd been less of a nervous nerd when I was in line tho because it turns out everyone was really cool, ahah

On 7/5/2017 at 5:26 PM, romyy said:

Oh that's too bad!  I initially only had a saturday pass but bought a sunday one just for the q&a, lol.  I heard somewhere that j-rock north was gonna release footage of the panel, but I haven't seen anything yet so maybe it's not true?  (I did snag a few brief shaky vids of sharaku if that's something you're interested in tho?)  But yeah, the show was great!  I kind of wish I'd been less of a nervous nerd when I was in line tho because it turns out everyone was really cool, ahah

Haha, I do love Sharaku, but it's okay. I'm not really big on meeting bands (I'm too shy to say anything other than "Thank you!" most of the time), so missing the Q&A wasn't a huge loss. It's just kind of annoying that I've been to almost all the AN band Q&As and I dropped the ball when a band I actually like was there. Still, I randomly saw them in different parts of the convention on both Friday and Sunday, so I still ended up with plenty of awkward metronome memories over the course of the weekend. :grin:

Parts of the Q&A usually end up getting posted online, and sometimes it gets transcribed by VK websites, but I didn't see anything in the days after the event. I'm really surprised by how little coverage there was this year.