Shaolan974

LUNA SEA new album, "LUV" release

I had some concerns about this song but after I listened the preview that sound good even if Inoran can compose better songs, like Shinya said in a interview it's the most luminous song of Luna Sea

I just hope this one is the weak spot on the album like RAN (ugh) was for A WILL. Still curious if the full song will bring anything different, but so far I'm very underwhelmed.

Official track list revealed:

1. Hold You Down

2. Brand New Days

3. 誓い文 (Chikaibumi)

4. piece of a broken heart

5. The LUV

6. Miss Moonlight

7. 闇火 (Yamibi)

8. Ride the Beat, Ride the Dream

9. Thousand Years

10. Limit

11. So Sad

12. BLACK AND BLUE

Not really sure what to think.... The names doesn't sound like LUNA SEA at all... Oh well. 

The album will be played 2nd december from 00:58 on TBS Count down TV in Japan. (http://www.tbs.co.jp/cdtv/)

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

It could be worse? I actually like it. lol It's good dad-rock and the chorus is catchy as hell.

I still hope there's something better in the album though.

It is typical LUNA SEA sounds, I like it tbh. Not sure about the hate?

You don't and should not expect Bon Jovi to be what they;re not, is all I'm saying, let's be real.

Edited by LIDL

That’s just it, it’s NOT Luna Sea. It sounds like what I hear on American mainstream alternative rock radio. The only thing Luna Sea about this is Ryuichi’s voice. 

37 minutes ago, Saishu said:

That’s just it, it’s NOT Luna Sea. It sounds like what I hear on American mainstream alternative rock radio. The only thing Luna Sea about this is Ryuichi’s voice. 

This, for me too. I mean I see it's LUNA SEA playing but other than that and Ryuichi's voice and SUGIZO's horribly phoned-in not-even-trying guitar "solos" it's pretty much like a glass of tap water left out on the kitchen counter for too long.

It's also a bit baffling how they decided this would be the first track on the album, lol. Certainly doesn't set a mood to make me wanna dive in to the rest of the album, but that's just me. I hope the album will have some cool moments. :) 

Edited by Jigsaw9

I'm going to have to echo the disappointing sentiments here. The short version sounded like the song might go somewhere interesting, but instead all I got was U2. Well, at least it's better than modern day U2.

Someone reuploaded it

I gotta say I like it. Doesn't sound or feel like Luna Sea tho, so I can understand people not liking it. If it was by any other band, I bet people would have enjoyed it, people are expecting another ROSIER, and c'mon, we should all know better, it ain't happening...

If anyone's curious the album clocks in at 61 minutes. Here are the track lengths:

01. Hold You Down (04:21)
02. Brand New Days (03:44)
03. 誓い文 (04:55)
04. piece of a broken heart (06:29)
05. The LUV (05:01)
06. Miss Moonlight (04:54)
07. 闇火 (06:15)
08. Ride the Beat, Ride the Dream (05:32)
09. Thousand Years (04:47)
10. Limit (03:48)
11. So Sad (05:04)
12. BLACK AND BLUE (06:16)

Lotsa long songs in there... hopefully it won't be all sappy stuff. :')