Shaolan974

LUNA SEA new album, "LUV" release

Literally the first thing I did when I woke up this morning was to check their twitter to make sure I wasn't being bullshitted. I'm very excited for this, and I'm glad that Yoshiki hasn't rubbed off too much on Sugizo. But man, that album title.

Edited by Dudemanguy

Hi!

I see the band's 18 show nationwide hall tour dates were announced. I was wondering if maybe anyone more familiar with the band's past touring cycles, etc., thinks it's likely the guys will hold more shows (that are not just fan club only)? I'm surprised to see they're just doing 2 months of touring.. it seems most bands or at least the others I follow usually hold a 3 month tour. It was their 25th anniversary year then so maybe it was an exception, but for the last album, they did a 32 show tour, which spanned into early 2015 even and had like a 3 month break in between.

I'm really crossing my fingers to be able to see all my bands at the same time lol but 4 is a lot and I think I need to consider that it is a little more impossible than I want to believe. But both BUCK-TICK and the GazettE are def. set to release an album in spring 2018 so I'm just hoping it's early spring so that their tour dates collide with the LUV tour. Have yet to hear a peep about a new Dir en grey album but it feels like they're always touring so maybe they will be holding some live I can attend... stressing over this lol. My Japan plans were already foiled gloriously for 2017 lol

20 minutes ago, desertflower304 said:

Hi!

I see the band's 18 show nationwide hall tour dates were announced. I was wondering if maybe anyone more familiar with the band's past touring cycles, etc., thinks it's likely the guys will hold more shows (that are not just fan club only)? I'm surprised to see they're just doing 2 months of touring.. it seems most bands or at least the others I follow usually hold a 3 month tour. It was their 25th anniversary year then so maybe it was an exception, but for the last album, they did a 32 show tour, which spanned into early 2015 even and had like a 3 month break in between.

I'm really crossing my fingers to be able to see all my bands at the same time lol but 4 is a lot and I think I need to consider that it is a little more impossible than I want to believe. But both BUCK-TICK and the GazettE are def. set to release an album in spring 2018 so I'm just hoping it's early spring so that their tour dates collide with the LUV tour. Have yet to hear a peep about a new Dir en grey album but it feels like they're always touring so maybe they will be holding some live I can attend... stressing over this lol. My Japan plans were already foiled gloriously for 2017 lol

I don't think so, lately they've been doing only 3 or 4 shows / year, two of which always at Xmas, one or two SLAVE limited

When A WILL was released I think they did only one tour which was called a liberated will and it lasted a bit more than this newly announced tour + their regular shows at Xmas

Don't expect more from them

But let's pray for a World tour, that doesn't go only in Germany u__u

Edited by Danao

@Danao, @Takadanobabaalien,

Thanks a lot guys for taking the time to read my post and reply. It's true, they have been very busy with their own solo stuff this year, celebrating their own anniversaries and stuff. I recognize we're lucky they're still making music and I'm  just grateful they're  putting out a new album period. I look forward to hearing what sound they bring this time. Maybe i'll get lucky and things will work out next year somehow for me to see them. It'll be a nice surprise if they do a few extra shows than usual next year. Maybe they'll do another world tour at some point too, with several stops this time so @Danao and others get the chance to see them^^

Edited by desertflower304

Concerning the SLAVE Limited Edition (FC members only), the tracklist of the Live CD and the Live DVD/Blu ray is as follow:

(LIVE CD) May 29, 2017 Select from "Nippon Budokan" performance
         Tracklist
 01. Metamorphosis ~Beginning part
 02. PRECIOUS...
 03. Dejavu
 04. JESUS
 05. Image
 06. The End of the Dream
 07. HURT
 08. NO PAIN
 09. I’ll Stay With You
 10. BLUE TRANSPARENCY
 11. I for You
 12. STORM
 13. TIME IS DEAD
 14. ROSIER
 15. Metamorphosis ~Ending part
 (excluding drum solo & bass solo)

(LIVE Blu-ray or DVD) September 24, 2016 "SLAVE Limited GIG Zepp Nagoya" Performance
         Tracklist
 01.SLAVE
 02.BLUE TRANSPARENCY 限りなく透明に近いブルー
 03.Limit
 04.JESUS
 05.Rouge
 06.AURORA
 07.SANDY TIME
 08.I'll Stay With You
 09.Metamorphosis
 10.TONIGHT
 11.The End of the Dream
 12.TIME IS DEAD
 13.BELIEVE
 □<EN>
 14.Dejavu
 15.ROSIER
 16.WISH

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No infos yet about the album tracklist

33 minutes ago, Danao said:

haha beat me to it, was posting it :P 

really can't wait for the album, especially since I bought the Slave limited version :o I'm sure the packaging will be pretty cool !!

Nice! 

I actually haven't ordered it yet. I planned on doing it but I'll be heading to Tokyo in a week so I kinda wanna save my money lol. I hope it'll get up on Spotify so I at least can listen to it (although I will buy it eventually anyway so). 

The cover is pretty cool. I'm super pumped for this one. This is basically the only album left in the year that has a shot at taking AOTY away from the new sukekiyo. I also really love 'A Will' which I think is easily their best release since the 90s.

Edited by Dudemanguy

That cover art is somehow totally giving me old-school vibes. Doubt that the actual sound will be anyting like that tho, haha.

Still, consider my interest piqued. :D 

On 11/22/2017 at 1:07 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

That cover art is somehow totally giving me old-school vibes. Doubt that the actual sound will be anyting like that tho, haha.

Still, consider my interest piqued. :D 

First thing I thought.. it def looks like some of their old single covers and i got really excited.. i've been hoping this album would be more reminiscent of their earlier work and the cover makes me a little more hopeful lol. and if that's the case, i'll be more depressed i won't be able to attend their tour and hear it live =(

On 5/31/2017 at 5:48 PM, Lereku said:

Btwn the theme of the album would be love.

Anyone remembers Ryuichi's terrible-beyond-belief solo album from 1997 called 'Love', with song titles like...: 'I love you', 'suki', 'Love song', 'Love' and 'Love is...'? :D Let's just hope this one will be better than that.

On 11/24/2017 at 3:56 PM, Case said:

Anyone remembers Ryuichi's terrible-beyond-belief solo album from 1997 called 'Love', with song titles like...: 'I love you', 'suki', 'Love song', 'Love' and 'Love is...'? :D Let's just hope this one will be better than that.

Yes, but he was going for that mom-rock market. Luna Sea will never be mom rock!
But hearing some of that solo album work, and subsequent work in the years that followed, makes you wonder how the guy who could scream his brains out searching for reason would someone be so syrupy with the stuff he does outside LS.

21 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

For some reason I am expecting something along the lines of STYLE. it would be awesome to say the least! 

If only!!

12 hours ago, carddass said:

Yes, but he was going for that mom-rock market. Luna Sea will never be mom rock!

um, sweaty......

Btw the band is uploading band member interviews about a new song called "Hold You Down" these days, which will eventually culminate in them posting its music video soon (if I understood it correctly as written here).

最新アルバム「LUV」を100倍楽しめるよう特設サイト内ならではのインタビュー企画を実施します!
まず第一弾としてMUSIC VIDEOも制作した「Hold You Down」に関してメンバーに語ってもらいました!
5日間連続で掲載していきますので音源解禁前に熟読して期待を膨らませてください!