Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

MUNIMUNI new album "THE DOGUU ALBUM" release

So apparently CHINESE DOGUUCRACY a.k.a. MUNIMUNI's "THE DOGUU ALBUM" is set to be released on 2017/07/19.

Tracklist:

1. THE DOGUU SONG
2. THE GHOST SONG
3. BOYS
4. ウーピーハーピー
5. 知らないの -kioque of bala-
6. THE FUNERAL SONG
7. MY LUCIFER

http://diskunion.net/jp/ct/detail/1007404371

(and god fuckin dammit, why is MY LUCIFER there, lmao. oh well, I'm still overjoyed, who am I kidding)

Edited by Jigsaw9

I've just checked, Canou first mentioned working on "THE DOGUU ALBUM" back in summer 2013, holy crap. :D  time flies~

Edited by Jigsaw9

Awesome. Can't wait to order this finally.

I was secretly hoping it would have morphed into a 10 or 12 track album considering all the new songs they have. Being a fan of 80's new wave, munimuni's 'New Order Love Song'  sounds like an awesome prospect.

On 5/26/2017 at 9:20 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

I've just checked, Canou first mentioned working on "THE DOGUU ALBUM" back in summer 2013, holy crap. :D  time flies~

While searching google for other info about this announcement I came across an old post I did back in 2010 which referenced Matenrou's blog saying the doguu album would be out in 2011!

Surprisingly 5 of the unrecorded songs back then that I mentioned are the exact ones that will appear on the album. The other two tracks haven't been played or changed titles along the way.

http://beatforyou.livejournal.com/6011.html

Hearing choirs of angels over this announcement, as ironic as it may be. But I'm still half in disbelief we're actually getting this, as the saying goes, it's not over till it's over.

Awesome, this was quite a good video. Great editing, look and concept!

I still haven't figured out the running (inside?) joke with using former bassist Toshi's face and name on promotion long after he departed. In this video he's wearing a t-shirt where Toshi is dressed up as Blue Blood era Toshi from X Japan.

Fun fact: tomorrow the band's having a gig at RUBY ROOM TOKYO, titled "MUNIMUNI 美NEOアルバム「A Diary of Mr.Moonlight」早期発売祈願ワンマン公演".

In other words, they're making the same joke they made with "THE DOGUU ALBUM", i.e. holding a gig "praying" for the early-as-possible release of their next album "A Diary of Mr.Moonlight" (which should be released sometime later this year if all goes well). Let's hope the prayers will be effective this time too, lol.

Considering they teased it in the booklet of the Doguu Album, I hope they're serious about the nwe album and it will come out in a timely fashion.
I was under the impression that the current lineup had re-recorded the Doguu Album but when I finally looked through the booklet, I saw it was recorded with the band circa 2011-2013.

That means the current lineup, which has been pretty stable these past years, has been performing more than an albums worth of new songs and are hopefully ready to commit them to 'tape'. If the Doguu Album sold well enough maybe it gave them enough money for studio time to record a "A Diary of Mr. Moonlight".

9 hours ago, carddass said:

I was under the impression that the current lineup had re-recorded the Doguu Album but when I finally looked through the booklet, I saw it was recorded with the band circa 2011-2013.

That surprised me too, lol. Hoping that they've already begun the recording for this new album last year with the current lineup~

Sign in to follow this