VkBrutaliaN

your most special Vk live occurences

OK so this one didn't happen at a live and I'm risking exposing myself for the 14-year-old fangirl trapped in an old hag's body that I am (as if I haven't already lol), but here goes.

Went to Tower Records Cafe in Shibuya. It was MUCC Day, the band was doing a live broadcast on nico and the cafe had a special MUCC-themed menu. My friend and I just wanted to hang out and suspected nothing even when the waitress asked us if we're cool with being photographed/recorded.

Fast forward to this scene:

Spoiler

DB9sApvUwAAUT5X.jpg:large

I always thought I'd be a lot chiller if I ever met a musician I really liked in person. I was expecting too much of myself.

this is kinda minor but still adds to the experience. i don't know if other live venues do this, but the one i went to called Sapporo Colony would occasionally offer limited cocktails mixed or thought up by band members (i think?) in exchange for your 500yen drink pass. for AvelCain they had a cocktail called "noroi" and karma later made a tweet saying that it was mixed with his saliva. i don't know what to believe but it seems that i might have been cursed by his saliva.....

Edited by plastic_rainbow

There were tons of random/ funny moments from going to gigs both in Japan and in the UK here. But one of the most memorable for me is from MUCC's UK tour. The tour was organised by Kerrang so most punters were there to see other bands well known in the West, like Bring Me the Horizon, and have never heard of MUCC.

MUCC was very well received in London but at their Norwich gig the band was effectively booed all the way through their set, with shouts of "Go home, Japs!" and "Don't know what you're saying! Speak English!". The entire audience (apart from me) stood still through their set and only occasionally nodded along. The band was visibly affected. At the end of their set, Tatsuro smiled and waved in a resigned way and the band just walked off stage.

I left soon after and bumped into Yukke by the main exit. He was carrying their equipment out of the venue. I was very shocked at the fact no roadies or any other staff were around. I was so upset with the situation that instead of thanking him for coming all the way to the UK, I got emotional and felt compelled to apologise for the behaviour of my fellow countrymen and kept bowing. Yukke was totally cool though and just kept saying "It's nothing."

The professionalism the guys displayed that night will always stay with me.

Catching the towel at CANIVAL's birthday live for Kosuke and Luvia was the first time I'd ever caught anything at any concert! I actually suspect it was thrown to me specifically because I had recently been at the Xaa Xaa live where no one responded when Kazuki asked if people were having fun and saw how devastated he looked. When Kosuke asked the same question, I waited but no one did anything at first and I got worried so I started cheering (once I started, everyone else started). After that, I caught him smiling at me a few times during the set and then he threw it where only I could catch it. I might be imagining it though!

fullsizeoutput_422_zpsng79tity.jpeg

So many Nero ones! At the M-ology CORE listening event, I got to meet them wearing my Nero shirt and he hugged me! Then at an instore the following week, he remembered me! Unlike a lot of foreigners in Japan, I don't stand out very much because I have black hair/eyes so I'm always surprised when people remember me, let alone a bandman who I met for like 10-15 seconds. Then, at the signing before the Shizuoka show a few months later, I was really convinced he wouldn't remember me because I had cut off all my hair. I should have had more faith in Nero because he still knew it was me right away and this time he asked my name so he could sign it to me. He misspelled it but I don't care; I felt really special.

Getting to meet You from Gosan...I know a lot of people don't like him but he was so nice and really wanted to talk to me and ask questions. I mean, the guy doing the chekis was gone for some reason and I didn't want to be presumptuous so I was patiently waiting for him to come back but You called out to me and started a conversation. When I've met other bandmen, sometimes it's kinda awkward and I don't know what to say to them but he was easy to talk to. When we took the cheki, both of us immediately did the Zombie's Love Letter claws, and it was the perfect final experience before I left Japan.

Travelled to Tokyo again in December to see my favorite band, X Made Alcoholic Santaclaus and Yuukis first live with his solo project.

Met XMAS after the first live I went to and I was so damn nervous, but they where so damn nice and cute and talked to me in english, also took some pictures with them.

Went to one of Another Story's lives too, XMAS played there as well and when they've spotted me in the crowd after their show they hugged me again, talked to me and even gave me the setlist as a gift (along to some other merchandise). Saw them a third time a few days later. Had a mental breakdown right after their set but their drummer, yu-ta, wouldn't stop hugging me and asking me if I'm better now. Then spend quite a long time with them after all bands finished their sets, talking about everything that came to our mind.
Went to see Yuukis live then, my ticket number was quite low so I managed to be in saizen for his set, right in front of K from Haloring (aka KEI from XMAS) and he smiled at me when he recognized me, made me really happy. Met Yuuki after the event again and he was like "I know you!" and I nearly started crying because he remembered me. Got three cheki with him but couldn't think about a last pose, so I've asked him if he's got an idea. Well, you can see his idea on my profile picture. He told me to sit down and he sat on my back. Most precious memories so far!

x Me and my friend accidentally stayed at the same hotel as MEJIBRAY. We came downstairs to eat breakfasts in front of a huge window. I died while laughing when i saw Tsuzuku running down the street. And then he came back again and entered our hotel where i was eating an egg at that moment. My jaw dropped and my life has ended when Koichi came to buy something close to us. I thought i will kill someone at that moment. lol  In few hours we went to instore event& concert and it was shameful and funny.

x  Ater few days i came to store to buy CDs. Concert hall was in the same building. So my friend took a photo of me while i was posing with MEJIBRAY signs.  I did stupid poses etc. And then we turned back to go away but we saw MEJIBRAY van standing in front of us and damn Tsuzuku came out....Friend said hi and we ran away.  99% they saw my stupid poses in front of their sign. Why.

I had not too many accidents with MEJIBRAY but believe me... these guys are so kind and adorable!

Edited by appl-

September 2016 when MUCC had and in store event in Tower Records Shibuya where you could go and "tell them your sins" while they were dressed in priest outfits. It was my first time in Japan, just got there like two or three days before it. I went to the event with my friend and met others there and we were chilling and having fun. Then as we were queuing to talk with them and have them stamp some photo cards that would prove that they "forgave our sins", my troll friend decided to tell Yukke that "the girl behind me likes you very much, can you be nice to her?" and HE LOOKED AT ME WE MADE FUCKING EYE CONTACT. So literally the whole time he was smiling and giggling at me and looking me in the eye and speaking to me very nicely and BEING A SHIT THAT HE IS UNFHGHGF (JK he is so nice I cried my eyes after ;A;). I told him that I literally started liking him after listening to a demo of their song where he sings (his singing voice is just xDDDD let's not) and he laughed and told me, in the cutest way possible to keep listening to his singing voice more. That's how I died XD. I love them so much, why are they so damn nice ;A;

Edited by Triangle

There are three things that come to mind right away. The first is the first time I saw TRA TRA TRA. I wasn't even there to see them, I was actually there to see LOUD GRAPE before they disbanded lol. TRA happened to be the first band to play and the first song they played was Melt. Within the first few beats of the song my friend and I had exchanged looks like "omg yes." I liked them so much that I literally went up to some guy who was in saizen and asked him the name of the band cos I couldn't understand wtf Ryo said when he said their band name lol TRA changed EVERYTHING. They were the first band that I followed super closely, went to almost every live, my first satsuei, my first ensei... not to sound over-dramatic, but without them, I'm not sure I'd be living the way I do now. Hell, I might not even be in Japan still haha. I mean, I literally joined MH so that I could have a place to spazz about them cos I couldn't talk about them enough ahaha

Another moment I'll never forget is when I saw 弾丸NO LIMIT (Dangan NO LIMIT) for the first time in a long time. I didn't have a very positive memory of them from the last time I saw them and wasn't expecting much tbh. But as their set continued I realized I really fucking liked them and had no idea why I remember disliking them the last time I saw them haha so I downed my beer so I could join in their set lol and during Sono Uso Honto, Miyuu got too excited and accidentally threw his towel into the crowd and I was lucky enough to catch it and I remember how fucking excited I was haha the whole experience of their set and my reaction and people I met after kind of had a huge affect on my going to lives experience lol

And maybe the most special moment was when I saw FoLLoW for the first time. I almost didn't even go to that live for whatever reason I can't remember anymore. But @hiroki had recommended them to me and I must've had the ticket already cos I remember it being a very "I might as well go" kind of feeling and I was all the way in the back and didn't bother switching out with people to get closer or anything. Before the live I thought I'd be Maki gya cos he's hot af lolol but during the live I was super drawn to Masashi. Anyway, the special moment for me was when Masashi started singing Ningyo hime. Never before had I EVER been so affected by a song or live performance. It was insane. I've never felt so emotional at a live up till that point. And that one performance, that one moment, Masashi singing さよなら right before the last 「さよなら」さえ言えなくて line at the end of the song pretty much changed my VK experience. It's kind of impossible to explain what I felt that night haha I still don't quite understand it myself. It wasn't even like I had a strong connection with Masashi before or during that live. In fact, I could have just as well not been there at all and Masashi would have been none the wiser haha but it was definitely one of the most special moments I've experienced in all the lives I've been to.

There are a lot of other really special and/or memorable moments I've had, but those three have had an especially huge impact on me and stand out really clearly in my memory. 

Accidentally catching Takuya's guitar pick at a concert. I just stood there when suddenly sth flew my way, so I caught it out of pure instinct. Only when I opened my fist, I realised what I had caught :) Meaningless to say I was very excited to take it home as a memory. 

Not really special but memorable and in memorandum: That time the dude from Merry Bad-End grabbed me by the throat during gyakudai. Guess he was caught up in the moment? Seemed to feel bad later and tossed me a water bottle that I passed on to one of his devoted fans. 

After attending some Lack-co. lives with my boyfriend, Tenten tweeted about this "blonde foreign guy" and asked his fans if they knew his nationality. LoL 

Also I saw some bandmen doing shady trades and exchanging stuff with a gya before their gig and then running back to the live house.

I was at a Screw concert and Byou dived into the crowd of fans. Somehow, I managed to catch his leg and his shoe hit my face. Kazuki and Byou also both spit water into air at the fans. I definitely took a shower when I got home.

Another moment was when I was at a Royz concert and they had all the fans hold hands and sing together with the band. It was a nice, poignant moment.

I got signatures directly from the band and got to shook hands with Mana and the rest of the band during MDM concert in Hong Kong in 2016

That was rather cool  

I caught Kenzo's drumstick and got a poster signed by all of the members of Ayabie(in 2008 when they were 彩冷える and still decent). This isn't too big of a deal, but I have the worst luck with that sort of thing and they were one of my favorite bands at the time, so it was special to me.

The first band I saw in Japan was the Gazette for free. Found a raffle ticket in my copy of Distress and Coma and saw them at Shibuya Ax a few days later which was dope. Also won a signed Plastic Tree fan at one of their Budokan shows.

Most notable for me was seeing D'espairsRay at the MOD club here in Toronto. I made eye contact with ZERO and was able to headbang like mad to BORN and Reddish so it's everything I ever wanted to experience at a vk live tbh. I still haven't caught a pick or drumsticks yet, though.

Edited by Paraph