VkBrutaliaN

your most special Vk live occurences

in this topic i wanna discuss the most special/interesting/memorable incidents experienced during Vk lives attended in japan.

if there are also some special situations you've experienced feel free to tell us as well! ;D

BAND: DEZERT

i saw them live when they were still a pretty underground band (even before they had their very first instore event which took place only one day after i saw 'em live)

during the live there were 3 girls standing pretty close to the stage but they were the only one who didn't participated with other fans... so after chiaki screamed a few times "SHINE" while pointing at them and they still didn't move to the back he took a water bottle and spit a few times directly to the girls so they finally moved to the back...

BAND: B.C

i visited one of their sponsered lives and during one of their songs the vocalist told everyone to build a circle and to hold each others hands which each other. then while everyone was standing in circle ALL headbanged which i've never seen before in my life. during this section of the live the singer jumped down from the stage and also headbanged along standing back to back to a girl which he accidently colide with the back of their heads - kinda funny situation...

BAND: MeteoroiD

i saw them live in 2015 and during their last song everyone was kneeing down on the floor and all headbanged... you might think like: yeah but whats so special about this!?

but because of the very thick atmosphere during that part it really felt like: what fucked up cult thing is goind on right now... XD

so that were my most memorable experiences i had during my few lives i attended in japan so far.

Band: Gargoyle

Yeaaaars ago I went to this live they did where it was basically them on stage getting crunk and passing the audience beers while they played whatever they felt like between random/hilarious MCs.

Band: Kuroyume

My friend and I paid 30,000 yen+ a piece to get scalper tickets to their sold out "last" live, because we didn't want to regret not ever seeing them.  Then Kiyoharu got desperate for some coin and got the band back together like one-two years later. Our seat numbers were horrible, and behind the stage, so the only view we got was of Kiyoharu's ass. 

Band: Psycho le Cemu

One of their Nagoya shows was particularly memorable for me because I got saizen, the set list was on fire, and I befriended a bunch of gya that still keep in touch outside of lives. Also the Osaka show of their last lives, where the gya invited many of us non-Japanese fans in attendance to write a message on a gift they had prepared for the band.

Their "last" live and mid-hiatus anniversary/Epilogue final. So much ugly crying and wailing. The image of all the gya leaning on each other for support as they processed their sadness over an era in their lives coming to an end has been hard to shake. Strangely, having already gone through this stage with Malice Mizer, I didn't cry. Emotions were running high, especially as there had been a few gya who had taken their own lives after speculation that the band would go on an indefinite (read: permanent) hiatus.

Also... every live I have ever worn uncomfortable shoes to just to "complete an outfit" or "stand taller". Don't do it guys, you will always regret it, lol.

DEZERT:

saz took off stage and joined the crowd from the back, pushing everybody to the front during the dive. while doing so, he grabbed me by the shoulders and we were back diving together on the front crowd. it happened so fast i couldn't believe what was going on, but it was the best moment of my life. at the same live, because it was so crowded someone got a nosebleed from smacking into someone else's head while headbanging. (this was in 2015 when they hadn't quite reached their popularity yet so they booked the smallest live venue in town) kira noticed it and pointed it out during the MC. it took a while for the girl to come forth, but she said that she was okay and that the bleeding had stopped.

LM.C:

there was an older lady, like around her 60s or so and i stood next to her. i think we might've looked like mother and daughter, or grandma and granddaughter, because we were the least active in the crowd and kinda stood out. at one point aiji threw his guitar pick to the crowd and i think he was clearly aiming it at us. i didn't pick it up though...

Arlequin:

a guy from the crowd in the back kept yelling "DAISUKI DA!!!!" to shohei during the MC when aki left the stage for a bit, and he seemed flattered by it, but was also kinda troubled about what to say back to him. in the end he said "daisuki" too. the rest of the crowd were all just kinda laughing.

SaTaN:
I didn't pay attention for a short time because I was talking to the girl next to me when she suddenly started laughing. I didn't know why but then I realized that Mr.SaTaN wasn't on stage anymore. He sneaked  up behind me and it scared the shit out of me when I turned around because he was so fucking close. There were only about 40 people around so it wasn't that difficult to see that I wasn't looking at the stage ... After their show we talked for a short while and he was so excited that they had fans outside of Japan and he kind of ignored the japanese fans just to talk to me (I guess he was like... really excited haha)

DOAK:
I don't know if this is something special or interesting, but a nice japanese girl switched place with me so I could be closer to the stage during DOAKs show when she heard that I just came to Japan to see their last live. So this was my first time in the second row for seeing one of my favorite bands. Everyone around me was so nice and they integrated me in everything. I was used to be ignored for being a foreigner so this was really exciting for me. Never felt this happy before. Meeting Yuuki after the show made it the most perfect day of my life.

K:
Cazqui where his support guitarist during this live and when he threw his pick I was about to catch it but instead of closing my hand I hit it and it fell behind the barrier. I politely asked a staff if he could give it to me but he said no and gave it to another girl that was screaming on him to give it to her instead ... I'm still pretty mad about this :(

i saw that one 7+hr live Royz did where they played every one of their songs, so i've basically accepted my life peaked at that point
only other thing i can kinda brag about; my first live i ever saw was Naitomea when they left Japan for the second time in their career to play a con that was 4hrs from my house - i'll never in my life be that lucky again .-.

Edited by diryangrey
i can't grammar

-got noticed by "faze" vocal (need to ask my friend if this was the right band, he bought their CD after show)

we were 2 oversea boys, alone in the background corner. the vocal noticed us, talking a few to us during the show (do you understand japanese?, jump with us, ....)

-got snubbed by 緋絽(hiro) from ヴァリル (varyl).

I went to this event to see him. I was in front of him, 2nd row, just behind the witchs (fangirls).

He never looked at me. kinda dissapointing. I had bought most of his release.

Edited by xriko

Great thread, I like hearing the little things that are memorable at shows!

- During Morrigan's set at Ikebukuro Cyber. During RIP (which is two minutes on CD but about 15 during their shows) they do the whatever it's called when the front row of girls lay over the bar/stage and the rest of the crowd takes turns slamming into them on the fourth beats. Anyway, during that the vocalist went out into the crowd to start dragging people forward who weren't participating (even going into the venue's stairwell, haha). When he sauntered over near where I was standing I could see the surprise in his face to run into a giant white dude amidst the crowd of tiny girls and instead of attempting to drag me into the melee he gave me a high-five.

- I wrote about this one during a 君は鋭く。set here. A middle-aged woman in the crowd approached me between bands and asked what band I was at the show to see. When I told her 君は鋭く she got really excited and grabbed a wrist band off their merch table and gave it to me. I will continue to believe she was someone in the band's mother until proven otherwise.

personally I wouldn't say them not looking at you is snubbing you

Also I was always fond of sitting on the floor and headbanging. I think that's one thing I will miss from VK haha

I think my fav non-VK experience was Bara from HONE YOUR SENSE handing me a beer from the stage😂

As for VK....

I can't count catching picks/drum sticks/etc as special, like them looking at me,  talking directly to me or being given the mic to say something/scream at a live because that's honestly not that unusual.

I've gone to like 200 VK lives so under a spoiler because there's a lot of little things (and this is the condensed version)

XAA-XAA:

• Their first oneman was so freaking memorable. There was caution tape everywhere. When Kazuki did his recitation he had to hide behind the book because he couldn't look at us (and we were dying trying not to laugh) and at the end Roji destroyed his drumset and knocked some equipment down and we're pretty sure XAA-XAA was banned from Clapper after that lmao

Souiumono:

• When the jouren wasn't there, Nuppe would kneel on me instead during gyakudive to pull people in :')
  • At Christmas in 2014 they had two days of onemans and they played ALL their songs and it was just so fun. I finally got to hear some songs I'd never heard before.

花少年バディーズ

• One time a plushie banana hit me in the face and took my contact out so I had to take my other one out for the rest of the live lmao. Also the next time I saw them Tsubuku asked if I was okay that time :')
  • I was at the live they announced their "hiatus" at and after they finished the oneman as an in store they had a second set and they played Balloon and got down into the audience and we made a circle around all the members and it was probably the best atmosphere at a live I've ever felt at a live

えんそく

• In general is just really fun but what really impressed me was when Ensoku played with ReVision of Sence the ReVision fans did their best to try to get into it...and then during ReVision of Sence all the Ensoku girls stayed and we had so much fun with ReVision.  

クレイドル

• At their last live they almost canceled the show after the first song because some girl bough up the earliest numbers and put guys in the front row and had them just stand there doing nothing in order to ruin the show. Reno was pissed off.

平成維新

• Just being able to see them at their one day revival last year was basically the highlight of my year last year as bangya

ワンネス

• Being able to go to their one day revival since I wasn't able to go to their last live was pretty great.

One time I was waiting for GAGA to come on and my friend showed up at the live house and so I waved to her and Varyl thought I was waving to them and started waving at me from their merch table lmao...sorry, not you.

At the new years live Shellmy's Hyo was pretty drunk and started standing on the rail at the back of Soma so I started scolding him telling him to get down and he realized he was stuck and couldn't get down so I had to tell Kou to pull Hyo off of the rail (Kou was just laughing and wasn't going to do it) and em and Hyo ended up forming a little crowd because no one knew he could speak English apparently

Edited by anakuro

I actually did a list before leaving Japan. It's not as long as I wish it had been because I ended up partying more than going to gigs.... 

- Meeting Yayoi (Angel dust, vice risk etc) in person, and drinking together.

- Meeting Kenzi and all of Dead popstars (and drinking way too much sake together). (as well as some other Anarchist records guys)

- The first time I met Kenzi at his salesbooth when I saw Anti feminism

- Meeting Yu-ji (from ANGEL+DUST) and Yoichi (support in ANGEL+DUST, official member of SPY) outside of Meguro Rokumeikan. Recieved a free live dist ANGEL+DUST CD (which I actually already own, signed by yayoi lol), Yu-ji’s pick, took pictures together and chatted a bit. 

- Meeting Saku and Akane of Gossip outside of Ebisu Liquidroom after Avelcain’s oneman (wanted to talk with them, but I didn’t know what to say as they were quite busy so I just got a flyer from them and greeted them lol). 

- Meeting all of Kuroyuri to kage at their instore event (Mei was so surprised over having foreign fans lmao). 

- Meeting all of Grieva in Shinjuku close to Kabukicho with my girlfriend

- K from Kuroyuri to kage aiming his water bottle at me after recognizing me from the instore event, he hit me on the shoulder and splashed water all over me lol.

- Seeing Kisaki live 4 times. 

- Attending the 90′s revival event in March (ANGEL+DUST, NéiL, MIRAGE, Dejav, Cynthia, DAS:VASSER, Aliene Ma’riage)

- Ains (label of Diaura, Grieva, Gossip and kuroyuri) staff starting to recognize me because I attended so many Ains events.

- Getting a lot of free pass to lives (related to ぞんび) because a friend of mine is close friend with one of the members

- Chiaki of DEZERT aiming water bottles at his fans faces

I was in the first row for MUCC's culture center live in Mito last week, and when they switched parts for their first encore Tatsuro played the bass and I could see there was a guy holding a big cardboard sign in the gap between the seats and the stage, running after him as he moved on stage. Then I saw the sign had bass tabs written on it. He was still messing it up and it was very cute. It got even funnier when they used the smoke machine during Ranchuu and he was squinting to look at the tabs through the smoke. I'm a sucker for silly gags like this so it made me really happy.

Edited by qotka

Saw MERRY in Liquidroom for their 2009 Underworld [BURST]Tour final and during the set, I was sub-consciously digging my nose (I know, I know....) and my eyes and Gara's met (I'm a Asian dude). Gara then smiled and proceeded to violently dig HIS nose with all his fingers, one at a time and then licked all his fingers while glancing in my direction with a crazed look. Good times! 

AvelCain:

During gyakudive i was almost lying on vocalist's box (idk how to call it) and accidentally touched Karma's foot. He looked at me like a psycho and slapped my face with his palm. It was like more pushing palm into my face. Duuuuude. 

Saw how Kisaki and Karma hugged each other because Sui told them to do it (?). It was the coldest hug i've ever seen. lol

Before that live i was lost and asked for a random people for help. They showed me way and stopped while saying "This is this place".  I raised my head and saw AvelCain in front of me. So i thanked these people and was pretending i don't know who is AvelCain.

SAVAGE:

During gyakudive i almost didn't broke my nose because guitarist catched my hand and pulled me on someone. I felt pain in my nose for few days. At live i thought i was bleeding.

Injured my back because Ryuka used my back as a table or a chair and the next day i was not able to sit or move.

Chariots:

Jin thrown smal sausage into me. 

D.I.D.:

I came to venue before live because i want to check where the venue is because i'm  a stupid gaijin and i'm always lost.  And at that moment i saw D.I.D. arriving in their van in front of me. I got scared and started run away. Sel'm guys saw this stupid gaijin running like a crazy. lol.  

Lolita23q:

After live one awesome guy gave to me his atari ticket and i've met Sou face to face twice. 

Lycaon:

Fans wanted to go to toilet but toiled doors was occupied by Satoshi and surrounded by BORN members. 

Trans Note:

Riding metro to Suzuya's live together with him. I wouldn't realize that if he wouldn't be staring at me TOO much. Like having literally no shame, turning to me and staring like a weirdo entire time till we left metro. 

etc. etc. so many....

Most of my VK experiences come from anime conventions. lol. I know lame.

L'arc en Ciel/VAMP - Otakon 04' and Otakon 13'? - In 04', L' arc en Ciel ripped it up and that's when I started falling in love with Japanese music. Hyde tried to ask us if we ate "crabs", but it came out sounding like "crap" XD . I was also in the DVD that they shot (during "Driver's High" the camera rolls pass my friends and I)!! :). When Hyde came back for Vamp, he once again tried to ask us about "crabs", but failed again. lol It was funny, but really awesome show.

MUCC - Otakon 06' - Tatsurou had an obsession with flipping us off which caused a lot of the crowd to flip him off too. lol All in good humor. Mosh pits and headbanging ensued.   

since people are writing about concerts that weren't in Japan, I'll add some things I want to share too that happened to me in Germany/Austria :-P

PLUNKLOCK:
not exactly during the concert but the signsession that took place before the concert.

Halo was signing with a green marker and when he looked at me he got so excited about that his marker had the same color like my hair that he had to interrupt Haruka who was signing another fans poster and made him look at me and his marker. pinky freaked out completey and was like "I'M PINKY YOU'RE GREENY" the whole time.

Never seen someone being so excited about colored hair.

DEATHGAZE:

We already caught AIs attention during the concert because we were singing along the whole time and me and a friend were ... uhm ... dancing in the middle of the crowd and he pointed at us several times to show it to the other members.

after the concert we were sitting next to our car not realizing that it were parked next to the tourbus (it was really small, probably thats why) and that friend I was 'dancing' with sat down on the hood of our car, but the friend who owned the car said that she should get off. She ignored her  so I got up and stood right in front of her, bowing down to grab  her arms ... when everyone around us started screaming and laughing ... I turned around and there was Kousuke, looking at us with his mouth open, unable to move for  a few seconds until he started smiling in a really creepy way ...

we went to another concert two days later and when Kousuke saw us he asked were my "girlfriend" is because she wasn't there. awkward ... but kind of funny.

one more from me i remembered today:

BAND: Vazella

saw 'em live at shibuya rex in 2015 and (i don't like their music because their vocalist can't sing at ALL, but what you gonna do at those Vk events were like 5-10 bands are participating... ;D ) and i felt kinda sorry for the band because during their whole set ONLY 1 girl was participating during their live performance!

and the worst thing after their live the vocalist walked around the hall and talked directly to that one fan girl which was very happy about that - but the worst part when their vocalist walked past by me and my wife he literally smelled like piss, toilet, cigarette smoke and parfume like crazy - it was really disgusting...

even when he stood at their own bupan the bandguys from other bands who were standing at their bupan next to Vazella's bupan held their noses etc. and were pointing with their fingers at him because he smelled so extremely bad - like again sounds/was kinda funny but at the same time i really felt SOOO BAD for him...^^°

8 hours ago, appl- said:

I came to venue before live because i want to check where the venue is because i'm  a stupid gaijin and i'm always lost.  And at that moment i saw D.I.D. arriving in their van in front of me. I got scared and started run away. Sel'm guys saw this stupid gaijin running like a crazy. lol.  

hahahha! 

sounds a lot like me when I randomly met Jun & Toya from Gotcharocka on the street in Shibuya. 

I don't have that many stuff happening to me since I am silent one mostly standing in the backgrounds at lives, but I was in the second row at Wing Works and this girl tried to push me away all the time since one of the support members couldn't stop staring at me/or was he flirting who freaking knows maybe she was trying to save me lmao. 

Tzk giving a air kiss towards me on a mejibray live at takadanobaba was pretty sweet too. 

And this is like no interaction thing but I can't seem to forget that time when Sono (Matenrou Opera) hushed the audience after we have song the Gloria phrase, he hushed us and sang himself in a cappella while Shibuya AX was completely silent. That was magical. 

well.....this isn't vk but i thought i'd share it here as well.

when i went to see envy they performed "toki wa owaru" by the bloodthirsty butchers as a tribute to hideki yoshimura. i saw them early june so it was right around the time when hideki passed away. i didn't realize it was a tribute to him until i recognized the song, but that was really cool and heartwarming.

On 2017-05-14 at 11:25 PM, Euthanasia said:

I was in the second row at Wing Works and this girl tried to push me away all the time since one of the support members couldn't stop staring at me/or was he flirting who freaking knows maybe she was trying to save me lmao. 

omg!!! Aahashsadaskd i bet she was so jealous XDDDD

In the "especially cringe" department, there's "artiste extraordinaire" HITT revealing his bare chest to show us he had stickers on his nipples with his own face printed on them. He then proceeded to detach them and threw them in the audience, to the ecstatic cheers of the crowd.  I'll concede that hysterical laughter alone was worth the price of admission.

when i saw versailles earlier this year, hizaki forgot his first of like five solos when they played Silent Knight. maybe forgot isn't the right word, but his muscle memory got sort of lost after a phrase or two and his left hand was out of position, and he just kept playing to save face through it, the entire time staring out deeply into the audience, as he tends to do during many of his solos. like it was bad, out of key notes and then a really nervously improvised 'oh shit' recovery part after for fifteen seconds or so. it was the only part of the entire show where the musicianship was less than perfect from any of the members.

but anyway, while it was happening and he was staring into the audience, he locked eyes with me for like a second or two as soon as he seemed to start messing up and it was a very profound moment for some reason. it was just like a "oh shit, hizaki's not a god, but hizaki is actually a human being like me that makes mistakes" moment. psychologically as if i  watched an idol die in front of me

felt as if i had like successfully walked through a wall or something akin in mental weirdness.

BORN: i think Ryoga loves foreigners tbh... at one show he threw his waterbottle directly at me but he threw it so hard it bounced off my titties into the stratosphere. thanks

lynch.: At one of their twomans with born, Akinori came out while born was playing and stood in the audience. he was literally right behind me for a long time and i didn't notice... when my friend pointed it out i turned around and made extremely awkward eye contact with him. he smiled at least but i felt bad lmao. i've also run into him while he with a girl in Nagoya so he probably thinks i'm the worst

my friend and i also used to do this towel whipping thing during MIRRORS while everyone else headbanged because it would make hazuki laugh. i was at the show where hazuki had a fucking tantrum and dented his mic on the stand thing the vocalists have, too. i have a lot of lynch. memories but i think most of them are only interesting to me...

UNDER FALL JUSTICE: i don't usually rush for the stage during rush songs because i have the balance of a newborn fawn and tend to fall off any steps, but i did it for my last show before going home to Canada... anyway Airo grabbed the back of my head and rubbed it lovingly for a weirdly long time when i went for it, it scared the fuck out of me

Pentagon: Kanazawa AZ has these weird catwalks/ledges on all edges of the audience area so during the rush song the members went to different spots on them... i decided to rush Minpha for laughs and considering the dude looks like he weighs about as much as a bowling ball he yanked me so hard i lost my balance and had to hold onto him for dear life. sry chinpha

Amelia Galaxy: i went to a super do-minor live to see Tokami and an ex-Siva band, and these guys were playing. everyone else was sitting and they had just a few fans... since they were really TRYING hard to get people up there and the vocalist tried to talk to us in English from onstage i parked myself in front of the hottest member and pretended i was having a ball. since i was the only one in front of him he bowed and waved at me when he left the stage lel.

i also got invited as kankeisha for Matenrou Opera which is a band i don't really care about but i was geeked cause i was a few seats away from some of vistlip, duel jewel and versailles and it was just cool being there. i met the band after but mostly it was an awkward experience as the person i was with who was an actual fan of them froze up and i was basically like so how bout them yomiuri giants

7 hours ago, xtreme1 said:

Managed to make it onto the GHOUL tour Blu-ray. House of Blues in Chicago, I'm the crowd surfing one waving my hands like a maniac: 

THIS IS AMAZING. BRO!