hiroki

ゴシップ(Gossip) new maxi single and 2 new albums release

I actually enjoyed a lot of 漆黒の闇, surprisingly. I know the previews for this album are only 5 seconds long, but I'm not as into them. Curious to hear「脳内抹殺」though.

I cringed at リストカットして [2]

20 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

I actually enjoyed a lot of 漆黒の闇, surprisingly. I know the previews for this album are only 5 seconds long, but I'm not as into them. Curious to hear「脳内抹殺」though.

I cringed at リストカットして [2]

I originally was hoping リストカットして was going to be a remake of JyuLie's 夕暮れにリストカット. I'm less cringing and more slightly disappointed. 

i'm a  huge ゴシップ(Gossip)  fan since their debut,and somehow i can feel that something about them kinda got lost with the time

i mean...that "rawness"of their early sound (first single psycho pass,hijime bocchi single ,first mini album and R-18 single) ...that was pure madness and filth

even sounding like Kagerou/gazetto rip off.wasn't a long time ago,but that beginning was gold.i liked the samples, still pretty good

but now everything sound very polished and kinda forgettable.However,i'm glad they still very active

Edited by Manji 卍

I'll just say misery (in both of its ~optical impression~ and ~auditory impression~) puts gazette's reluctance to release those dainippon geisha concerts on DVD/BR in a certain understandable perspective

(unless youkicker splurged out on actual live tickets to snatch some ideas from the madara-era material in an alternative arrangement, but if I were tomomi, I would blacklist anyone associated with ains from attending gazette concerts.)

The album doesn't even feel like GossiP. The last one still showed some of the unpredictability of them, but this... it's just stripped to the barebones.

Like, where is the random screaming? Where are the unconventional compositions?

This thing is trying to be catchy and conventional, and that's not the GossiP I know. It's boring and formulaic. Yukika has definitely taken the reigns on this one.

Like... I get it, you want too make a lot of money, so you take the entire band's musical direction in your hands. 

At least give us something that isn't half-assed. At least make it sound like GossiP.

Oh, btw, nice attempt at a cover of "Ame Kozo". It wasn't simple enough to have them do a legit cover?

I'll give credit where credit is due, the PVs are very well made and quite cool.

Also, Misery is like the closest I'll get to liking "Filth in the Beauty". 

Toguro is definitely the better one of the two albums, that's for sure. But yes, they're starting to drift away more and more from the Gossip I know and love. The Kimi ga ano yo ni single was kind of a throwback to their early stuff imo and I had hoped for them to keep going in that direction, but I guess Yukika also wants them to get popular so...

Kudaranai sekai ga bokutachi wo koroshiteku sounds like a tribute to the eternal band Garasu which is really nice.

Highlights for me:  R-18, Ameonna, Kubichonpa, Nounaimassatsu. 

Edited by Takadanobabaalien