hiroki

ゴシップ(Gossip) new maxi single and 2 new albums release

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B075HH533Y/ref=sr_1_22_rd?_encoding=UTF8&child=B075HH4Q4W&qid=1505879666&sr=1-22</a> #savedyouaclick

there's not enough material for a decent single on this, and the intro is another GDS rip-off (that track is 14 years old...)

everything aside from 灰色の雪 sounds like pure cancer.

this albums overall vibe so far is like idk grieva's creative block mashed with an okay gossip one-coin single and spiceDt up with a dreadful PV track (which I'm absolutely anticipating in its entirety)

I'd give this 8 involuntary lobotomies out of 10 so far (which equals to 2/10 on an actual, like, quality scale) and won't listen to when it's out aside from le kill

In the VK context I thought it was inoffensive at worst and a bit over average at best. They can find a stable and decent fanbase without the fact being indefensible.

12 hours ago, nekkichi said:

I'd give this 8 involuntary lobotomies out of 10 so far (which equals to 2/10 on an actual, like, quality scale) and won't listen to when it's out aside from le kill

Edited by emmny

I was expecting the usual Gossip,so I'm not disappointed,I liked the songs,but I think that most part of you can feel the lack of creativity on this work...the cheesy intro and the cliche song "let's dance #2 die" are good examples...

I liked it for the most part, but I'm ehh on the Namumyouhou Rengekyou rerecording. 

Ritsu's drumming just does not compare to Hayate/Tetsurou's drumming on the original. Or on any song for that matter. 

And this is not to say Ritsu's a bad drummer, no. He can play, but his style is run of the mill. Hayate was a classically trained drummer (He actually teaches at a university, plays support for some Vkei bands, and teaches Vkei drummers, if you don't know. His ameblo as "Tetsurou" shows all his work, and every GossiP release up until their best album) with more years of experience, and played in traditional grip, which fits the themes of many of GossiP's songs. That, combined with his ability to really fast switch around different drums and cymbals, and often including smaller cymbals in his tom rolls, and you have a pretty recognisable sound that stands out.

Ritsu simply does not even try to improve among the original Namumyouhou Rengekyou. He just feels like he's there. He doesn't stand out in any way, or even add a creative flare. He just plays it the way a normal drummer would, instead of at least trying to do the original. 

I'm probably preaching to the choir though. Hayate will never come back because he has his own stuff, so I guess I'll just have to get used to Ritsu, even though it's been over a year since he's joined. Hayate set my standards high, and Ritsu disappointed me. 

1 hour ago, Shaolan974 said:

goshiz.jpg

Session band ゴシップ?
朔?(yo-ka/DIAURA)
茜?(碌/グリ—ヴァ)
皐?(陽/グリーヴァ)
零?(翔也/DAURA)
律?(優冴/グリーヴァ)

When one GossiP isn't enough so you create another to milk in more cash

6 hours ago, Shaolan974 said:

goshiz.jpg

Session band ゴシップ?
朔?(yo-ka/DIAURA)
茜?(碌/グリ—ヴァ)
皐?(陽/グリーヴァ)
零?(翔也/DAURA)
律?(優冴/グリーヴァ)

Ohhh that looks interesting 

Edit: now I get whats going on here, just how cool is that? love the idea of mixing all Ains bands with each other 

that's basically how I feel they've sounded for most of their career though...???

I like 8th track preview, and this sounds slightly more promising than their first full-length abortion so far.

their vocalist sounds completely fucked up on most of this tho, I don't think booking 100+ tour dates and recording an album alongside was a good idea, not that youkicker cares.

リストカットして

I cringed. Though tracks 6, 8, 9 and the R18 rerecording sound alright but it's too early to tell. My prediction is it'll be worse then the previous album which imo had a few decent tracks.

[tracklist]

01. 吐愚弄-トグロ- (Toguro) (SE)
02.「リストカットして」(Wrist-cut shite)
03. クビチョンパ (Kubichonpa)
04. 咲けバンギャル‼ (Sake Bangya!!)
05. 「脳内抹殺」 (Nounai Massatsu)
06. 雨女 (Ame Onna)
07. R-18(吐愚弄-トグロ-(Toguro)ver)
08. 爪跡 (Tsumeato)
09. MISERY
10. 「ヰト犯シ」 (Witohanshi)
11. バカアホマヌケ万歳‼ (Baka Aho Manuke Banzai‼)
12. くだらない世界が僕たちを殺していく (Kudaranai Sekai ga Bokutachi wo Koroshite iku)