hiroki

MEJIBRAY will go on hiatus

21 hours ago, Komorebi said:

I think you may be confusing "credible" with "objective".

This thread is gold.

What's odd/funny is I've listened to alot more Mejibray since they announced the hiatus than during all their active years lol.

Nah, I did mean credible, since opinions that are actually substantiated tend to generate better discussion than merely unbiased ones, but eh whatev.

bc3356c3247baf20956c13a84246d1e0_-champs

Edited by jaymee

5/21, Hiroshima

1. And Then There Were None.
2. パラダイム・パラドックス
3. VICTIM(ism)
4. Black bacarrat
5. ネペンテス
6. EMILY
7. 悲哀
8. -XV-
9. 醜詠
10. ナナキ
11. Sliver
12. 嘘と愚考-それもまた人間らしいって神様は笑ってるの-
13. 原罪の林檎
14. 枷と知能 -それってとても人間らしいって神様は笑ってるの-
15. BI"name"JIKA

No encore.

At least one positive thing I can say about these guys is that they finally seem to realize encores are fucking pointless :^)

Edited by Tokage

4 hours ago, Tokage said:

At least one positive thing I can say about these guys is that they finally seem to realize encores are fucking pointless :^)

Heresy! Encores are an integral part of setlist planning. I say this as someone who have spent way too much time writing setlists for bands I like. They can provide a necessary break to not cause an abrupt break in the flow between styles (see Dir en grey doing their Marrow of a bone tour busting out MISSA material during the encore), as a way to build tension and expectation and to just allow the band a chance to breathe so they can have energy to squeeze out a few more tracks instead of perform a measly 15 songs.

This. Also generally speaking almost every Mejibray encore wraps up with Messiah, so when that staple's gone the show feels oddly incomplete. I hope they don't do this for the entire duration of the tour, but it's starting to look like that's the way it's going down. Wouldn't be surprised if they kept it going until their Akasaka show at this point. I can't say for sure (obviously), but I get the feeling they're doing it to make a statement - they're not really giving the impression of being happy or relieved about this hiatus.

i've been kind of avoiding reading too much of people speculating (only skimmed over the 6 pages here really).

people online seem to be in one of two groups and it's just ugh stop.

(those groups:

- "hope they don't come back they've been shit since (insert year)"/"hope they come back with better songs because everything new is shit"
- NOOOOOO THEY'RE LEAVINGGGGG FOREVERRRRRRRRR MY HUSBAND COME BACK I'LL DIE)

i went to some recent lives and the niigata live was definitely depressing with all the people crying (although dropping to your knees and screaming and refusing to move is a bit fucking ridiculous, some people) but understandable since it was the first one with no encore and everyone was kind of shocked. the band definitely didn't seem happy there. fukuoka live after 5 days rest since sendai they looked in better spirits for sure.

i think they'll keep up the no encore until the tour final but maybe for the final play an encore.

hoping/expecting some big announcement at the tour final or at least at the fc tour final in july. until then i'm avoiding speculating too much on what i think they're doing.

19 hours ago, chris said:

i've been kind of avoiding reading too much of people speculating (only skimmed over the 6 pages here really).

people online seem to be in one of two groups and it's just ugh stop.

(those groups:

- "hope they don't come back they've been shit since (insert year)"/"hope they come back with better songs because everything new is shit"
- NOOOOOO THEY'RE LEAVINGGGGG FOREVERRRRRRRRR MY HUSBAND COME BACK I'LL DIE)

i went to some recent lives and the niigata live was definitely depressing with all the people crying (although dropping to your knees and screaming and refusing to move is a bit fucking ridiculous, some people) but understandable since it was the first one with no encore and everyone was kind of shocked. the band definitely didn't seem happy there. fukuoka live after 5 days rest since sendai they looked in better spirits for sure.

i think they'll keep up the no encore until the tour final but maybe for the final play an encore.

hoping/expecting some big announcement at the tour final or at least at the fc tour final in july. until then i'm avoiding speculating too much on what i think they're doing.

Amen to this.

I just want to know when they will have their last live before hiatus...  Many things in my life depends on them right now because i don't know when i will need to take vacation time at work etc... lol. Muuuust see them before they leave us <even for a short time. But who knows.>

yeah same i don't know if i should take the day off work they're playing in october (and try to get a ticket) or if they're going to have more lives after that.. i would like to go to the last one before the break. i'm hoping they'll keep going to the end of the year so we can have tsuzuku and koichi's birthday lives.

5/27, Osaka

2. SECRET No.03
3. VICTIM(ism)
4. Black bacarrat
5. Agitato GRIMOIRE
6. 嫉妬
7. 悲哀
8. -XV-
9. 醜詠
10. ナナキ
11. 羽花
13. 原罪の林檎
14. 枷と知能 -それってとても人間らしいって神様は笑ってるの-
15. BI"name"JIKA

5/28, Osaka

2. RAVEN
3. VICTIM(ism)
4. Black bacarrat
5. ネペンテス
6. EMILY
7. 悲哀
8 -XV-
9. 醜詠
10. ナナキ
11. Sliver
13. 原罪の林檎
14. 月食
15. BI"name"JIKA

(On the plus side, not to get too personal, but I'm ecstatic I finally got to hear Raven. It took over a year, no joke; it's not even like they don't play it, I just kept missing the shows where they did, lol.)

According to their website, the contract with Koichi  ended on 2017.12.31. Koichi's Twitter account is now private and he deleted his pictures on his Instagram.  Mia is part of a new project. 

【日付】4月28日(土)
【会場】新宿BLAZE
【出演】
WKWK PROJECT×mayuko(Aqua Timez)×濱口優(よゐこ)スペシャルコラボバンド/WKWK PROJECT/他
<WKWK PROJECT>
Kouichi(ex.カメレオ) / 8810(Re:ply) / shinpei(ex.SuG) / MiA(MEJIBRAY) / koyomi(Re:ply) / mitsu
第二弾出演アーティストの発表をお楽しみに!
【時間】OPEN 16:15 / START 17:00
【料金】前売り ¥4,500-/ 当日券 ¥5,500- (D代別)
【チケット】
HP先行受付
12/29(金)22:00~1/7(日)23:59
http://eplus.jp/wkwk5-hp/

https://mejibray.com/contents/143796

Edited by The Piass

Koichi and Tsuzuku’s contracts with Forum are over as of today. The general thoughts and feelings that there was an issue with management is confirmed, I think. As of now nothing about MiA and Meto. MiA has been announced to be part of this project, but he’s not listed as “ex-Mejibray” and I don’t see anything to indicate that this is anything more than a session. Here is hoping for the best and the happiness of the members in the new year at any rate.

Making the thing easier to understand:

Tsuzuku and Koichi left MEJIBRAY.

Now Mejibray members are only Meto and MiA.

WWK Project is ex Kameleo guy solo project, so MiA is just a support member. It's not his project or anything. 

Plus he's not "ex.MEJIBRAY" because he still part of the group since they didn't officially disband yet. Just Tsuzuku and Koichi are "ex. MEJIBRAY" now 

I think It's better to make a topic for it...?

So MEJIBRAY will never return, unless Koichi and Tsuzuku sign a new contract with FORUM but that's unlikely. Basically they have to start over a new band if they want to return as a whole