hiroki

MEJIBRAY will go on hiatus

14 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I just remembered 12012 are on hiatus. Wtf are those clowns doing now?

Wataru is a producer of a non-vk band
Enya - more, and another band with a Nightmare vocalist

The guitarist with a beard - he plays as a support gt for several bands, I believe, plus I think he plays in another band, too

The guitarist w/o a beard - Last Mind Infinity

3 hours ago, Disposable said:

I tried looking sum on tumblr, but unfortunately the individual member posts were only translated in Spanish. 

Tumblr is just full of fangirls whining as if they were going to disband. Also, hardly anyone in this fandom does anything for the fans and it's been like that for years, so don't count on the fanbase to translate anything at all. They prefer to spam the social media of band members and tumblr with riddiculous comments.

Edited by Nyasagi

1 hour ago, Nyasagi said:

Tumblr is just full of fangirls whining as if they were going to disband. Also, hardly anyone in this fandom does anything for the fans and it's been like that for years, so don't count on the fanbase to translate anything at all. They prefer to spam the social media of band members and tumblr with riddiculous comments.

You can't put a price on seeing some internet people act heartbroken and shocked over such an announcement from a band whom they claim undying devotion to yet....

..not devoted enough to know VK bands work. Like they are REALLY surprised as if they think some unforeseen tragedy has taken place to cause this.

They don't seem to realize how much in excess their output was... probably see no difference in the quality of releases either. I guess they assume songs just kind of write themselves if you spend enough time being cute and all. The boys do give that impression..

Stay on hiatus until their short-term attention span dies out, then quietly come back and.... try to build a better fanbase.

I'm a fan of MEJIBRAY and I think MEJIBAY fans deserve everything they've got coming to them in life lol

4 hours ago, Nyasagi said:

This is so true. Like spot on true.

Also as far as activities yeah, there's still the rest of the Hangman tour, the newly announced three stop mobile member tour, and one live event they are signed on for in October. I guess we will see at the end of Hangman whether the mobile member tour is their last one man tour before the hiatus.

5 minutes ago, frayed said:

Also as far as activities yeah, there's still the rest of the Hangman tour, the newly announced three stop mobile member tour, and one live event they are signed on for in October. I guess we will see at the end of Hangman whether the mobile member tour is their last one man tour before the hiatus.

Ohhhh.... I will wait for their last live.... I need more information because this situation drives me crazy. You made me feel better because you mentioned October. Because summer is too soon to end activities.... Need to plan a trip to Japan.....

I give 99% they will be back. But that 1% is killing me deeply inside of me and not giving a rest to my brains. 

Don't know if anyone is interested, but here's the setlist from Rex on 5/10:

And Then There Were None.

SECRET No.03

VICTIM(ism)

Black bacarrat

Agitato GRIMOIRE

EMILY

悲哀

盈虧

ナナキ

Sliver

嘘と愚行-それもまた人間らしいって神様は笑ってるの-

原罪の林檎

Negator NEGATOR

BOWWOW

THE END

Encore
1. SUICIDAL WORD GAME
2. メサイア

i say this as someone who likes meji a lot - best outcome imo would be all four members starting/joining new projects that sound nothing like eachother, & keeping the band Mejibray alive for the occasional single/EP or reunion sorta tour.
kinda feel like 420 was the summation of Meji's sound, Nepenthes/Eiki/Venoms were some nice epilogues, & everything since is just bonus tracks.
Seems like each individual member has a lot more of an 'artistic vison' or w/e than really fits under the mejibray brand.

To me, they lost their steam years ago, occasionally rising to one or two better songs in the near past. I hope this break either rejuvenates them, or makes them go onto some better projects.

I think I'm in the minority here but I've enjoyed all their recent releases. Not as much as their past work like 420 and their .whatever minis. 

It it is a shame because I see their talent and they are one of the more impressive bands out there in the scene right now but if they need a break, go for it. Just don't pull a 12012 and Malice Mizer and never come back. 

To people who say that their new stuff is bad.

Here is two different things:

1) Band live

2) Records

All the songs i didn't liked that much after hearing it live became one of my favourite. They do great shows and some "weird" songs are created for live performances. Believe me... See them live first and then talk. 

yeah I agree that I've loved pretty much everything they do and buying every single live they come out with I also can hear that bonus difference in their lives, but I liked the original songs anyway.... Come back soon my babies<3333

11 minutes ago, appl- said:

1) Band live

2) Records

All the songs i didn't liked that much after hearing it live became one of my favourite. They do great shows and some "weird" songs are created for live performances. Believe me... See them live first and then talk. 

Couldn't be more true. Like I said, it took seeing them live to make me a fan.

No encore in Niigata. Apparently the band and fans alike were crying. Setlist later if people want it.

1 hour ago, appl- said:

1) Band live

2) Records

Sure, but it's not like seeing Mejibray live is just a matter of buying tickets and driving to a local venue for anyone outside Japan. 

On 2017/5/10 at 9:39 PM, BrenGun said:

It is a disbandment, just named different.  if a band says  indefinite hiatus it's 99% meant to be a disbandment. 

And if they will return ever again, if you can keep up that hope.

You know what to do with your pocket, to collect money to buy their return release if they ever come back.

But until then... it's a bless for your pocket :D 

They didn't literally say it was an "indefinite hiatus", like 無期限休養,  just that at this time they can't say when/if they'll resume activities next year or what their schedules will be.

Sounds like something sudden happened and maybe they just need some time to deal with it/cope.

1 minute ago, jaymee said:

They didn't literally say it was an "indefinite hiatus", like 無期限休養,  just that at this time they can't say when/if they'll resume activities next year or what their schedules will be.

Sounds like something sudden happened and maybe they just need some time to deal with it/cope.

Ah they did not? Then they called it just a hiatus?

Then yes, it sounds as something sudden happened which they need to deal with.

Or they still call it like this, to be able to drive off the path...

We will see, if they will return someday or not. (^_^)

Until then we can safe up money!  

22 minutes ago, BrenGun said:

Ah they did not? Then they called it just a hiatus?

Then yes, it sounds as something sudden happened which they need to deal with.

Or they still call it like this, to be able to drive off the path...

We will see, if they will return someday or not. (^_^)

Until then we can safe up money!  

Usually you see 無期限 or some variation for "indefinite hiatus" announcements. IMHO it sounds like a temporary hiatus, but who knows what could happen in between that time, lol.

I've translated the announcement, since posters above complained that none of MEJIBRAY's fans have done it.

"MEJIBRAY would like to give their sincerest thanks for your continued support. We have a very important message for everyone. MEJIBRAY has decided to pause their activities following 2017. To all our fans that have supported us, and to all related staff, we understand that this announcement is a sudden one, and we deeply apologize for any worry and inconvenience this decision may cause, though we hope you can understand. Nothing has been decided about next year's schedule or if we will resume activities again next year. Though only a short period of time is left, we would like to put everything we have into our remaining activities. We humbly ask for your support. May 10, 2017"

Edited by jaymee

2 hours ago, appl- said:

1) Band live

2) Records

Lmao that is a pretty stupid argument, if these songs are created for live performance don't release it on CD then

Edited by Kiryu999

1 minute ago, Kiryu999 said:

Lmao that is a pretty stupid argument, if these songs are created for live performance don't release it on CD then

Some artists are just better/more interesting live.

I'm not necessarily speaking for MEJIBRAY (since I don't listen to them and can't judge), but live rearrangement can give an entirely different vibe/meaning to the song, combined with visuals or good theatrics.

I really like Psycho le Cemu (if my icon didn't give it away) and their lives are waaaaay better than just listening to them on a CD since they incorporate a visual/storytelling/comedy aspect to their lives that would be impossible to translate onto a CD. So while they may be my favorite band to see live, they aren't my favorite band to listen to on CD.

5 minutes ago, jaymee said:

Some artists are just better/more interesting live.

I'm not necessarily speaking for MEJIBRAY (since I don't listen to them and can't judge), but live rearrangement can give an entirely different vibe/meaning to the song, combined with visuals or good theatrics.

I really like Psycho le Cemu (if my icon didn't give it away) and their lives are waaaaay better than just listening to them on a CD since they incorporate a visual/storytelling/comedy aspect to their lives that would be impossible to translate onto a CD. So while they may be my favorite band to see live, they aren't my favorite band to listen to on CD.

Yeah I agree on that, but if the band release songs we shall be able to judge these songs on how it sounds on CD, the person above say that if we haven't seen them live we can't judge the quality of them and that's pretty stupid to me 

Edited by Kiryu999

Even live DVDs don't fully capture a live performance, especially since those end up being edited and polished just like anything else. 

I fully understand the idea of some bands being better live than on record, but it's silly to imply that you can't judge a band until you see them live when they don't perform internationally. 

9 hours ago, Kiryu999 said:

Yeah I agree on that, but if the band release songs we shall be able to judge these songs on how it sounds on CD, the person above say that if we haven't seen them live we can't judge the quality of them and that's pretty stupid to me 

Ah, my response was mostly to "don't release it on CD then". Unfortunately, as its been pointed out already, most fans don't get into a band through randomly seeing them live (because it's expensive or inaccessible), so bands have to rely on CD or digital releases to reach more potential fans (that hopefully will go see them live one day), even if they're not a band that's strong when it comes to physical releases.

I don't think it's wrong to critique or bring up those shortcomings of that band. I just don't think CD/digital releases should be the sole factor in judging whether a band is "good" or "bad".

8 hours ago, Saishu said:

I fully understand the idea of some bands being better live than on record, but it's silly to imply that you can't judge a band until you see them live when they don't perform internationally. 

I somewhat disagree. To be frank, visual kei, like most art in Japan, is not made for the international community or international recognition. I mean, you are free to your opinion, but I don't see why a band should be judged on the basis of not appealing to a fanbase they were never trying to appeal to, if that makes sense.

Edited by jaymee