hiroki

MEJIBRAY will go on hiatus

Ok their music became quite generic in recent times... but... this is so bad! I hope that they will come back with more energetic ideas!

A bit disappointed but not surprised, there were clearly no chemistry between them for months. Didn't like pretty much any of their releases since Eiki (except Uka which was pretty good). I hope they can comeback stronger or disband and move on to something else. 

Lol they'd better come back. I heard somewhere that it would be some time next year but I'm not sure. I hope so, I want to see them live when I go on holiday after I'm done with school. It better not be another Malice Mizer type hiatus, I'll die lmao oh well

2 hours ago, The Piass said:

They should have done it a long time ago ! 

Their first releases were slightly better than what they have been doing for some time...

Likewise -- but I think not just "slightly". Last two years I have been waiting (kind of) this to happen.

The whole concept Mejibray used to have in them has been missing for about 2 last years in my opinion. Hopefully they're able to arrange their things up in a way or another. But I'm not surprised if they end up for disbanding though.

i hope they never fucking come back! good riddance mejibray have long ran their course, there's nothing they can release that will ever be good again bc they've literally done all possible variations on "mejibray"

koichi needs to front an oshare band signed on resistar that will shit all over buglug...spiv states style

mia needs to join a power metal/jupiter core band that will use his talents and actually challenge him instead of letting him continue to plateau

meto can become a fulltime harajuku fashion icon bc hes not that good gorl

tsuzuku needs a sukekiyo or dir en grey tier experimental metal project to DESTROY all remnants of visual kei with his perfection

CATCH THE MF TEA ON THAT .

i have actual faith in koichi-core like i KNOW he will summon up ex-DIV, souiumono, kameleo, smileberry, the kiddie, ViViD and destroy the world with KAWAII

Edited by emmny

The thing about a hiatus is that it signifies more than wanting to take a break. Visual kei is an exception, but when bands want to take breaks they typically...don't record music. MEJIBRAY have done their fair share of that the last few months, and visual kei bands are always looking to their future activities, so I'm wondering if this pause is them deciding if they really want to disband or not. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a return just to break up formally.

I'm not sad to see them go, as I was over their style a while ago. Still, a pillar of the neo-vk scene is crumbling this is really big.

Well, to sound like a broken record - I'm not at all surprised; and they needed this. That's not to say I'm happy, necessarily. Mejibray were a big part of why I got heavily invested in vk again after a few years of mostly apathy, so they'll always be important to me for that. And my interest in their later releases seems to have lasted longer than most people's, since I personally liked Venoms.app and the singles leading up to it, although they started losing me after that.

In any case, I hope the guys find projects they can actually enjoy. Mejibray's music was sounding rather bland at this point, and there's no point in staying together if there's no inspiration for it.

well, Mejibray's Youtube channel being converted to "FORUM OFFICIAL" all of a sudden was definitely foreshadowing after all...

Edited by sheepprincessgara

Not too surprising, not too disappointing...

I was borderline MEJIBRAY stan between THE THEATRICAL SHOW and VENOMS.app, but after that, they began to lose me. They released waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too many singles. They'd release maybe 2 albums worth of material each year and I still haven't listened to half of them since 2015.

Their last really good song was RenYuS

1 hour ago, emmny said:

koichi needs to front an oshare band signed on resistar that will shit all over buglug...spiv states style

mia needs to join a power metal/jupiter core band that will use his talents and actually challenge him instead of letting him continue to plateau

meto can become a fulltime harajuku fashion icon bc hes not that good gorl

tsuzuku needs a sukekiyo or dir en grey tier experimental metal project to DESTROY all remnants of visual kei with his perfection

ya I agree 100% with this. I've been waiting koichi-core for a long while now. Seems like he's been increasingly more active with secondary vocals in Mejibray, foreboding his o-share band.

I haven't seen Mejibray live yet, which sucks and this hiatus doesn't really help that.. :/ However, I'm sure Mejibray will return - unless some side-project or other life's mystery interrupts them.

Cackling 

I got all the good songs I need out of this band

Meto confirmed as a new member in BABOO 

10f53kn.png

Edited by Platy
Breaking news

It was about time.
I am not a big fan of them, used to be until 2013-2014 when they changed so many things.  But they are fucking huge for the scene, so it kinda sucks that they go on hiatus. I hope that they will come back.

I know a lot of people on this forum aren't really big fans of Mejibray. I can understand why someone wouldn't like them, especially since it took me seeing them live to fall for them and I just did that on a whim since they were playing locally.

But I did fall. I fell hard, and I've been following them pretty closely since then. I've made a lot of amazing friends and wonderful memories from following Mejibray, and so close after MeteoroiD ended, I haven't really processed how this makes me feel. 

If it's about just needing a break then of course I'm happy they can take the test they need. I am sort of concerned after the tweet that Koichi deleted after the announcement though. Just more than anything I hope they're all okay and it really is just about needing a break. They deserve that much. I just hope it's what all of them want.

I was really hoping the mobile member tour would be before I left Japan, but this really wasn't the way I wanted it to go down.

So apparently from what I gathered this was very sudden and so far the hiatus is only till the end of 2017, and then they'll figure out whether they will continue or not? 

I tried looking sum on tumblr, but unfortunately the individual member posts were only translated in Spanish. 

37 minutes ago, Disposable said:

So apparently from what I gathered this was very sudden and so far the hiatus is only till the end of 2017, and then they'll figure out whether they will continue or not? 

I tried looking sum on tumblr, but unfortunately the individual member posts were only translated in Spanish. 

The official announcement says that their hiatus will begin at the end of 2017, and it hasn't been decided when they will restart activities. There may be another announcement I'm not aware of though.

Just now, hiroki said:

The official announcement says that their hiatus will begin at the end of 2017, and it hasn't been decided when they will restart activities. There may be another announcement I'm not aware of though.

I believe you are correct, since apparently they still do have lives scheduled and according to a random translation I saw one of them said something to the effect of "please support us while we are still going." 

People on tumblr are wont to disregard citation needed.