Sign in to follow this  
Seimeisen

BORIS will release new album "DEAR" in July

After nearly three years since "NOISE," BORIS will release their next album "DEAR" in July 2017. It will first be released in Japan through Daymare Recordings, on 2CD (¥3,200+tax) and 3LP (¥7,000+tax), on 12th July, 2017. Then, Sargent House will release a regular 1CD/2LP version on 14th July, 2017.

According to NPR, the band was originally planning to release this as a final album and then disband, but they felt a presence of new energy during the PINK TOUR in 2016. The album reportedly contains "10 tracks culled from three albums worth of material."

main.jpg

jacket.jpg

Tracklist:
1. D.O.W.N -Domination of Waiting Noise-
2. DEADSONG -詩-
3. Absolutego -絶対自我-
4. Beyond -かのひと-
5. Kagero -蜉蝣-
6. Biotope -ビオトープ-
7. The Power
8. Memento Mori 
9. Dystopia -Vanishing Point / 何処へ-
10. Dear

Daymare Recordings bonus CD/LP
1. More
2. Evil Perspective
3. D.O.W.N -Domination of Waiting Noise- (Full Version)

Sources: NPRBORIS OHP

The best noise rock band ever! Waiting for this release!! \m/

1 hour ago, Seimeisen said:

This track is pure awesomeness!!

The "D" for "DEAR" reminds me of the logo for マブタノウラ. Also, I'm glad Memento Mori is gonna be on the album. I don't feel like buying the Ninja Slayer comp the song appears on, and it pissed me off that the Shortkill single that included it was in mono audio.

I still haven't heard the one hour absolutego, so I have no idea if this five minute version resembles it in any way at all. Regardless, it's awesome! And I'm glad they decided to not disband.

1 hour ago, Seimeisen said:

I still haven't heard the one hour absolutego, so I have no idea if this five minute version resembles it in any way at all. Regardless, it's awesome! And I'm glad they decided to not disband.

It does not, but it's equally as bad ass in its own way. I suggest you take time to listen to it one day, but only to say you have. It's a crazy good drone doom song but it won't shake your world.

I'm also conflicted about their disbandment reveal. I can't be mad because they've been at this since 1996 and no one knows better than them when the show is over. But I'm also not ready to live in a world without Boris.

It's crazy to think they were thinking about disbanding though..... I guess they want to try something new, other bands or solo projects? I'm glad they didn't, but this also means it could happen soon-ish :(

...or maybe not. idk, it's just weird to think about it.

being a fan of vk for a while, you get used to disbandments being a possibility for everyone but i guess it never occurred to me Boris is a band of people, too
after 25 years they're like, a staple of music, an institution
glad they decided to stay around hearing they just considered disbandment was enough to have me shook

Sign in to follow this