Neshie

I need to contact anyone involved in the visual kei industry!

Hi! I'm a second-year uni student in England currently working on a cultural presentation for Japanese class, and I'm writing about the popularity of visual kei. I was very interested in VK from around 2009-2013, but my knowledge kind of stops around there.

Are there any band members who would be likely to reply to correspondence on any social media?

Failing that, is there anyone on the board who lives in Japan and is actively involved with the scene (promotion, booking, or even a long-time fan who attends a lot of shows)

I need to contact someone involved in the industry before the 11th, and this is simply to answer a few questions on how they feel about the current state of the industry, how it compares to the past, and what they see in the future of VK.

I can communicate in what my teacher calls "intermediate-level Japanese" if needed - I'm not sure what JLPT level it equates to. I'm asking here before I try anywhere native Japanese because I recall people mentioning Japanese vk-related discussion being infamously difficult to read because of all the slang, and general hostility towards foreigners in a lot of cases.

It would be hugely helpful.

Thanks!

Edited by Neshie

56 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

@Suuumight be a good resource to ask

Thanks, I messaged them (I think. Not sure how this forum works ´・ω・` )