Sign in to follow this  
Kiyoharu is God

MUCC new re-release albums "新痛絶 (Shin-Tsuuzetsu)" & "新葬ラ謳 (Shin-Homura Uta)"

Suprised this wasn't posted here yesterday. I looked through a few pages and did a search so apologies if it's been posted already. I didn't find anthing.

[Live Limited Edition]
"Aishu To Antique To Itami Mo Houmuru Tour" Club Limited Release

"Sin Tsuuzetsu"
Live Limited Edition (2CD+Privilege CD)
¥3,000 (tax in)

[DISC-1:Sin Tsuuzetsu]
01.————。
02.Moumoku De Arugayue No Sogaikan
03.Samidare
04.Hai
05.Itai Tegami
06.Chintsuuzai
07.Yoru
08.Suna No Shiro
09.Haitoku No Hito
10.Shoufu
11.Danzetsu
12.Ieji -2017 Hisyou-
13.Kurutta Kajitsu w -2017 Haru-

[DISC-2:Tsuuzetsu 1st]
01.――――。
02.Itai Tegami
03.Shoufu
04.Chintsuuzai
05.Hai
06.Suna No Shiro
07.Yoru
08.Haitoku No Hito
09.Moumoku De Arugayue No Sogaikan
10.Danzetsu

"Sin Homura Uta"
Live Limited Edition (2CD+Privilege CD)
¥3,000 (tax in)

[DISC-1:Sin Homura Uta]
01.Homurauta
02.Zetsubou
03.Shiawase No Shuuchaku
04.Kimi Ni Sachi Are
05.Bokuga Hontou No Boku Ni Taekirezu Tsukutta Hontou No Boku
06.Mama
07.Kurayami Ni Saku Hana
08.Uso De Yugamu Shinzou
09.Oyoge! Taiyaki Kun
10.Mae He -In its true light-
11.Kokuen
12.Suimin
13.Kaeranu Hito
14.Zutazuta
15.Suisou

[DISC-2:Homura Uta -ReMASTER-]
01.Homurauta
02.Zetsubou
03.Shiawase No Shuuchaku
04.Kimi Ni Sachi Are
06.Mama
07.Kurayami Ni Saku Hana
08.Uso De Yugamu Shinzou
09.Oyoge! Taiyaki Kun
10.Mae He
11.Kokuen
12.Suimin
13.Kaeranu Hito
14.Zutazuta
15.Suisou

ーーーーーーーー

【General Edition】
2017.08.09(wed) Release

"Sin Tsuuzetsu"
Limited Edition (2CD+PLUS)
*Special Package + Booklet
¥4,649+tax

Regular Edition(2CD)
¥3,500+tax

[DISC-1:Sin Tsuuzetsu]
01.————。
02.Moumoku De Arugayue No Sogaikan
03.Samidare
04.Hai
05.Itai Tegami
06.Chintsuuzai
07.Yoru
08.Suna No Shiro
09.Haitoku No Hito
10.Shoufu
11.Danzetsu
12.Ieji -2017 Hisyou-
13.Kurutta Kajitsu w -2017 Haru-
14.Kare Ga Shinda Hi

[DISC-2:Tsuuzetsu 1st]

"Sin Homura Uta"
Limited Edition (2CD+PLUS)
*Special Package + Booklet
¥4,649+tax

Regular Edition(2CD)
¥3,500+tax

[DISC-1:Sin Homura Uta]
01.Homurauta
02.Zetsubou
03.Shiawase No Shuuchaku
04.Kimi Ni Sachi Are
06.Mama
07.Kurayami Ni Saku Hana
08.Uso De Yugamu Shinzou
09.Oyoge! Taiyaki Kun
10.Mae He -In its true light-
11.Kokuen
12.Suimin
13.Kaeranu Hito
14.Zutazuta
15.Suisou
16.Daikirai 2006

[DISC-2:Homura Uta -ReMASTER-]

https://www.facebook.com/facemucc/posts/1480927388595697

What's the difference going to be between this and the old album? Remasters? Re-recordings? Re-arrangements? 

Tsuuzetsu has a couple of re-recordings. Leji i'm assuming is from the live limited single. Kurutta Kajitsu is exclusive.

Homura Uta has a 2nd disc with a remaster of the original. And Daikirai 2006 is there.

4 minutes ago, Tokage said:

What's the difference going to be between this and the old album? Remasters? Re-recordings? Re-arrangements? 

reimbursements, first and foremost.

Sooo confused trying to make sense of what the hell's going on here. Repress of the 1st edition of 痛絶 is pretty cool? and i guess im curious about a 痛絶 remaster, because I would say there is some potential to do a better post-processing job on it this time around.

However, I'm extremely suspicious that the remaster of 葬ラ謳 will show any improvement.... It's just a really great sounding album already. This is all intriguing news nonetheless, as a fan of pre-2005 ムック.

5 hours ago, reminiscing2004 said:

However, I'm extremely suspicious that the remaster of 葬ラ謳 will show any improvement.... It's just a really great sounding album already. This is all intriguing news nonetheless, as a fan of pre-2005 ムック.

I hope it doesn't end up sounding worse due to an audio engineer or a CEO with tinnitus thinking louder is better. Some serious balancing of instruments on a tight wire is required before we could even talk about improvements. With a strict remaster they are working with what they have, unless they plan on cheating and re-recording a few guitar lines or drum fills here and there.

I am curious to see this crop up, especially after how well received T.R.E.N.D.Y. was (still haven't listened to it). Stopped following MUCC after Kyuutai but both Tsuuzetsu and Homura Uta are killer albums and I never thought they would revisit this era in any form.

I think this may be what is going on:

Tsuuzetsu

• CD 1
    • Re-recording
  • CD 2
    • Track-listing & mix from the 1st press of Tsuuzetsu (2001)

Homura Uta

• CD 1 
    • Re-recording
  • CD 2 
    • Track-listing & mix from the 3rd press of Homura Uta (2004)

From the sounds of this description from Puresoundit sound like it's meant to be a release that compares the old Mucc and the current Mucc.

Japanese

結成20周年を迎えたMUCCが、バンド初期の2作品を再録&リマスタリングしリリース。初期MUCCと今のMUCCの聞き比べが楽しめます。
当時の精一杯で叩き込んだ楽曲をスキルや音楽知識も上がった今だから、チャレンジしてるところなど、聞き比べて楽しんで頂きたい。
完全限定生産盤は豪華パッケージ+撮り下ろし写真入りブックレット仕様。 

Google English

MUCC celebrating the 20th anniversary of the band re-recorded & remastered 2 pieces in the early stages of the band. You can enjoy compare the initial MUCC and the current MUCC. It is now that skills and music knowledge have been raised for the songs that I knocked down with the utmost at the time, so I'd like you to compare and listen to where I am challenging. Fully limited production board is luxurious package + photography booklet specification with taking off. 

When they say [DISC-2:Tsuuzetsu 1st] I'm positive they're referring to the 1st press of Tsuuzetsu, and when they say [DISC-2:Homura Uta -ReMASTER-] I think they're referring to the 3rd pressing of Homura Uta which was indeed remastered (slightly clearer dynamic range and punchier than the first press.) and included Suiso (which was not included in any other pressing of Homura Uta).

While I'm talking about Homura Uta, funny little tidbit about the different pressings is that the only aesthetic differences between the two is that the 3rd press has a giant black & white sticker on the back of the shrink wrap with different catalog number information, the CD matrix has a different catalog number to reflect the pressing, and there's an extra little insert with lyrics for Suiso. Everywhere else you'll see that the packaging and artwork is pulled straight from the first press down to the catalog number on the case and even the bonus CD. 

20170513_195557_zpsaojmplej.jpg

20170513_195721_zpsmtjghznx.jpg

Are those cover art for the self cover? Or for the new album? Or maybe for the cover version album with those awesome bands in it?

Lenticular cover art sounds really neat! Reminds me with issue 281 of METALHAMMER magazine with BABYMETAL on it.

pretty sure at least the bottom one is for the new version of Homura Uta, considering how similar it is to the old one.

16 hours ago, LIDL said:

Are those cover art for the self cover? Or for the new album? Or maybe for the cover version album with those awesome bands in it?

Lenticular cover art sounds really neat! Reminds me with issue 281 of METALHAMMER magazine with BABYMETAL on it.

For the different versions of the remasters

They're for the remasters of HOMURA UTA and TSUUZETSU. The new album (of new songs) came out in January unless they announced another one. Anyway, Junji Ito (who was behind the HOMURA UTA illustration) is really happy with the result:

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

1 hour ago, TrentReznor said:

For the different versions of the remasters

1 hour ago, Kiyoharu is God said:

They're for the remasters of HOMURA UTA and TSUUZETSU. The new album (of new songs) came out in January unless they announced another one. Anyway, Junji Ito (who was behind the HOMURA UTA illustration) is really happy with the result:

Ohh, thanks :D

Sign in to follow this