suji

MERRY new album, "エムオロギー" (M-OLOGY) release + nationwide tour

As of today, I am officially a CORE member! While it is too late for me to get a ticket to the limited live, I did score a ticket to the premium album release event. I didn't see any info posted here so I did the best with my limited Japanese skill

<Part 1>
M-ology Album Release Event「CORE PREMIUM」Advance Listening Event
Saturday, August 26
Shibuya WWW
・Be the first to hear the album
・Premium Talk Session with all 5 members
・Premium Acoustic Live
Doors/Enter: 13:00 / 13:30

Standing ¥3,800
※Free Gift

<Part 2>
M-ology Album Release Event「Forbidden」Advance Listening Event
Saturday, August 26
Shibuya WWW

・Hear the album early
・Talk Session with all 5 members
・Acoustic Live
Doors/Start: 18:00 / 18:30

Standing ¥3,800

Tracklist and covers has been revealed!!

[tracklist]

1. 「M」World Order
2. MASS CONTROL
3. 犬型真性MASOCHIST (inugata shinsei MASOCHIST)
4. gaudy
5. 平日の女 -A面- (heijitsu no onna)
6. Black flag symptom
7. 傘と雨 (kasa to ame)
8. F.J.P
9. Happy life –reprise-
10. SIGHT GLASS
11. エムオロギー (m-ology)

CORE edition

DGwfMVHV0AANxG_.jpg

Limited edition

DGwfNVRUQAA8kka.jpg

Regular edition

DGwfOoHUMAAE7SK.jpg

So we seem to get seven new songs, more trashy vkei AESTHETIC, this is going to be fun. The biggest question I have now is if metal or punk this time for the harder songs, can't quite get a feel from the titles/artwork.

Edited by crossparallel

I desperately want to fuck with their new stuff more than I actually do. The band is tremendously talented, conceptually impeccable and Gara's is just about everything I want from a visual kei vocalist, but the stuff they do now has this degree of polish and poppy finesse that I can't really get behind. That said, it's a band that could get back to me any day now just because of how good they are and how independent their direction has always been.

the covers are nice

So the new Happy life is probably the punk version they played recently, right? I'm a bit disappointed that they decided to go with the "original" version for 平日の女, cause I really like the alternative version.

Anyway, I'm seeing them at Yanagase (got my tickets!) and, if I'm lucky, I might also catch them at Nara and Kofu. *fingers crossed*

On 6/22/2017 at 10:57 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

[DVD 1]
MERRY Tokyo Spring 日比谷デモクラティック 〜羊達の主張〜
2017.5.5 日比谷野外大音楽堂

Hide contents

1. 演説~シュールレアリズム~ (enzetsu ~surrealism~)
2. [human farm]
3. 「東京」 (tokyo)
4. 自意識過剰型木偶人間 (Jiishiki kajō-gata deku ningen)
5. ロストジェネレーション -replay- (lost generation -replay-)
6. Screams of the Dark
7. 絶望 (zetsubou)
8. 平日の女 -A面- (heijitsu no onna -A men-)
9. NOnsenSe MARkeT
10. Zombie Paradise ~地獄の舞踏曲~ (Zombie Paradise ~Jigoku no butō kyoku~)
11. 傘と雨 (kasa to ame)
12. オリエンタルBLサーカス (oriental BL circus)
13. Carnival
14. ジャパニーズモダニスト (japanese modernist)
15. 千代田線デモクラシー (chiyudasen democracy)
16. 梟 (fukurou)
17. Happy life
18. MASS CONTROL

<『エムオロギー』発売記念座談会 ~未来はきっと明るいだろう~>

Also included will be the members roundtable, where they discuss their new album, their live on 5/5, and their 15th anniversary. Was previously broadcast on Nicovideo.

^ CORE edition DVD (disc 1) tracklist updated with the new song~

20 hours ago, r... said:

I'm a bit disappointed that they decided to go with the "original" version for 平日の女, cause I really like the alternative version.

I was actually kinda hoping they'd do something new with that song, since the single version is a "two-sided track."

I am glad that they're doing something new with Happy life, since that track is 2 years old now!

Yeah, I'm glad they're rerecording Happy life and hopefully make it punk like everyone's been saying. That song just sounds like basic anime op garbage :wan-06:

booooo, the acoustic version of Happy life is amazing. And I really like the original version. 

We also know now that MASS CONTROL is the ska-punk song from Tokyo Spring. Cool. I wonder when Screams of the Dark will appear in one of their albums officially. Judging from スカル, it will take about 10 years.

Edited by r...

Hope they won't have any more attempts at going metal like with The Cry AGAINST or w/e to be honest, that experiment kinda failed. Heijitsu no onna & Kasa to ame were both pretty good classic Merry-type songs, so I hope those two singles are representative of the rest of the album. .

2nding the high hopes for gaudy (& also 犬型真性MASOCHIST)

Edited by Tokage

On 8/10/2017 at 9:13 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

Yeah, I'm glad they're rerecording Happy life and hopefully make it punk like everyone's been saying. That song just sounds like basic anime op garbage :wan-06:

I think they said they were going for a straightforward 80's punk rock (The Blue Hearts?) feel with Happy life, but it's just too simple in my opinion. I do like the song, but it's always felt a bit empty, like something's missing. I hope the new version is more "full" and intense. I love the acoustic one.

I'm hoping for a punky album, kind of like Underworld.

this album is gonna slay my life, I'll tell ya rn 🙌🙌🙌 I'm already stanning 犬型真性MASOCHIST & sight glass

yaaaaaasssss

Huh, the thing these excerpts remind me the most of are their Victor-era B-sides, they were this chaotic. If the new songs are anything like them, they will eventually grow on me too.

Edited by crossparallel

I'm feeling the hell out of these samples. MASS CONTROL and the new Happy life in particular sound awesome.

Perhaps I'm projecting a bit much, but I'm getting some Modern Garde vibes out of this lol

Damn, i had hopes for MASOCHIST, but it sounds p. generic once it speeds up :(  By contrast, i really expected Sight Glass to be the token ballad of the album but it actually turns out to be the most interesting song out of the whole batch lol. Mass Control, gaudy, F.J.P and Black flag symptom sound real nice too. The latter gives me Modern Garde vibes somehow, I can see where @saishuuis coming from. That punkier part in the title track sample too, actually. Looking forward to the whole album.

Still not feelin Happy Life, even in this new incarnation oops (the other two singles still sound n i c e, however...)

also, is anything known yet about the track lengths?

Edited by Tokage

I listened to the whole album on Niconico since they broadcasted the trial listening event today and I absolutely adore it! So punky, so Merry, such an energy boost! Who needs coffee, just listen to this album first thing in the morning. The only song I felt a bit meh about was gaudy, but I can see it growing on me. Black flag symptom was my favourite based on the previews and of course it's a Kenichi song. Here are the credits for all the songs, in case someone's interested:

1. 「M」World Order - Tetsu
2. MASS CONTROL - Nero
3. 犬型真性MASOCHIST - Yuu
4. gaudy - Yuu
5. 平日の女 -A面- Yuu
6. Black flag symptom - Kenichi
7. 傘と雨 - Yuu
8. F.J.P - Nero  (Gara said the title stands for Future Japan, I think)
9. Happy life -reprise- Kenichi
10. SIGHT GLASS - Yuu
11. エムオロギー - Yuu

Edited by *littlelamb

I heard it at the CORE event yesterday and I completely agree, it's a great album! The only songs I didn't love were Sight Glass and Black Flag Symptom but I didn't hate either of them. They'll just need a little more time to grow on me! I loved Mass Control the most I think, and I was surprised that Nero did it (because I never did like Charlie, even though I'm a hard core Nero fan :X )