suji

MERRY new album, "エムオロギー" (M-OLOGY) release + nationwide tour

I've been failing as MERRY fan, so can someone confirm this for me - is devour act. 2 the same live they aired on niconico with the band commentary this year? Because that one was amazing and I wanted to kill someone for not issuing it on DVD. Don't know if I can save enough to get into the fanclub and order in time, let's hope they don't run out of copies, given the price and all.

22 hours ago, midnightskywalker said:

Actually it would be "M-ologie" because medical terms derived from German in Japanese language and it's written "gii", not "jii" at the end.

Welp, the band officially calls it "Mology" and other sites have been using that spelling too...

3 hours ago, crossparallel said:

I've been failing as MERRY fan, so can someone confirm this for me - is devour act. 2 the same live they aired on niconico with the band commentary this year? Because that one was amazing and I wanted to kill someone for not issuing it on DVD. Don't know if I can save enough to get into the fanclub and order in time, let's hope they don't run out of copies, given the price and all.

Yes, i believe that would be it. After all, I think most of the stuff they put on Nico gets put on dvd later.

I'm really debating whether to get this version or not, the price is too fucking ridiculous, even for me.

10 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Yes, i believe that would be it. After all, I think most of the stuff they put on Nico gets put on dvd later.

I'm really debating whether to get this version or not, the price is too fucking ridiculous, even for me.

I must be the only person who doesn't find the price ridiculous, or like, more ridiculous than the usual, if you think of it as an album + 2 concert DVDs, rather than the deluxe edition of an album... Guess my critical faculties aren't working properly because I've been missing them. One thing that worries me though is the commentary promised for devour act 2, I hope they don't just overlay it over the concert audio as they did on niconico, because this defeats the purpose of getting it on DVD for me.

Edited by crossparallel

10 minutes ago, crossparallel said:

I must be the only person who doesn't find the price ridiculous, or like, more ridiculous than the usual, if you think of it as an album + 2 concert DVDs, rather than the deluxe edition of an album... Guess my critical faculties aren't working properly because I've been missing them. One thing that worries me though is the commentary promised for devour act 2, I hope they don't just overlay it over the concert audio as they did on niconico, because this defeats the purpose of getting it on DVD for me.

I understand, that is a big bundle xo I find it pretty stupid however that they decided to do a CD and a DVD recording of the Tokyo Spring live, and with almost the exact same setlist......like wtf were they thinking???? Even more reason to believe that this would be a waste to buy. The only reason I'd like to see the devour 2 commentary is just to see the members talking with each other, which is always fun; I didn't get to see it on nico, so I'm kinda glad they made it available for DVD.

1 hour ago, crossparallel said:

Don't worry; all of MERRY's DVDs with commentary so far comes with the option to turn it off.

1 hour ago, sheepprincessgara said:

I understand, that is a big bundle xo I find it pretty stupid however that they decided to do a CD and a DVD recording of the Tokyo Spring live, and with almost the exact same setlist......like wtf were they thinking???? Even more reason to believe that this would be a waste to buy. The only reason I'd like to see the devour 2 commentary is just to see the members talking with each other, which is always fun; I didn't get to see it on nico, so I'm kinda glad they made it available for DVD.

[devour act 2] was made as a big deal when the concert was announced (but I can't for the life of me remember WHAT it was) so I was surprised it wasn't released that year but instead got it in a condensed form 4 years later. The Tokyo Spring live was recent and I reckon their DVD sales ain't the best (album sales tend to be much higher than DVD sales in Japan) so they might as well drop it in as an incentive for fans to join the fanclub and/or attend their lives to get that special edition CD.

MERRY's DVDs go for reeeeeally cheap prices (even the FC limited ones) in 2nd hand shops (my heart broke whenever I think about those in my closet that I purchased at full price.....) so ya, maybe releasing a CD coupled with a DVD (at a much higher price) makes more sense than a standalone DVD. 

Edited by sads123

On 6/19/2017 at 1:10 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

In the meantime, Gara's getting his birthday event ready! He will hold his two-part birthday live, 「ガラ生前葬」(第一部) and 「浅田天国〜鋼鉄篇〜」(第二部) on July 6 ♥

His session band, "HELLNEARS" will perform on the second event and the name is literally a pun on "hernias"....the members also happen to have hernias or other bone problems (sans Yuu)...They will be covering MERRY songs.

lineup:

Vo.ガラ (Gara) (MERRY) [lumbar hernia surgery completed]

Gt.結生 (Yuu) (MERRY) [healthy body]

Gt.BETCHI (THE冠 (Support), ex-FULLTRAP) [healthy body, "hernia reserve army"]

Ba.wu-chy (BPM13GROOVE, BATCAVE, オーラルヴァンパイア (oral vampire), etc.) [cervical hernia, lumbar hernia; treatment in progress]

Dr.HAL (ex-ARTEMA, now in アクメ (acme)) [knee problems]

Slight correction here: they'll be doing death metal covers of MERRY songs.................👀👀👀

41 minutes ago, sheepprincessgara said:

death metal covers of MERRY songs

Damn now I'm starting to kick myself for not scheduling my Japan trip for early July

On 26.6.2017 at 5:15 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

Welp, the band officially calls it "Mology" and other sites have been using that spelling too...

Yea, that's why I said "actually". It's pretty common to use the English version in these cases.

14 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Slight correction here: they'll be doing death metal covers of MERRY songs.................👀👀👀

Where did you get the information from....? I couldn't find anything on it on their official site. Is there any info on what the afternoon portion of the concert is about?

7 hours ago, sads123 said:

Where did you get the information from....? I couldn't find anything on it on their official site. Is there any info on what the afternoon portion of the concert is about?

Gara wrote about it on his blog.

According to their schedule, the first part of the concert will run from 17:30; from my understanding, it's gonna be like a funeral but for Gara's life, so attendees will be wearing bright colors. I think it'll be an acoustic live since Yuu's there too.

The second part, which features HELLNEARS runs at 20:30.

Edited by sheepprincessgara

6 hours ago, sheepprincessgara said:

Gara wrote about it on his blog.

According to their schedule, the first part of the concert will run from 17:30; from my understanding, it's gonna be like a funeral but for Gara's life, so attendees will be wearing bright colors. I think it'll be an acoustic live since Yuu's there too.

The second part, which features HELLNEARS runs at 20:30.

Thanks for the clarification! I paid $200 to change my flight so these 2 concerts better be a blast!

On 6/22/2017 at 10:57 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

Limited edition (3500 yen)

CD:

(11 songs)

DVD:

(5 tracks from their event, MERRY Tokyo Spring 日比谷デモクラティック 〜羊達の主張〜)

*Limited number of copies

Member-selected tracks from their Tokyo Spring live on the limited edition of M-ology have been updated:

1. 【human farm】
2. NOnsenSe MARkeT
3. 傘と雨 (Kasa to Ame)
4. 梟 (Fukurou)
5. 千代田線デモクラシー (ENCORE) (Chiyudasen Democracy (ENCORE))

Every time I see that there's a new post, I'm hoping it's a revealed tracklist. I already know I'm gonna buy this album, I'm just dying to know what the tracklist is like.

On 6/19/2017 at 1:10 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

In the meantime, Gara's getting his birthday event ready! He will hold his birthday lives, 「ガラ生前葬」(第一部) and 「浅田天国〜鋼鉄篇〜」(第二部) on July 6 ♥

His session band, "HELLNEARS" will perform on the second event and the name is literally a pun on "hernias"....the members also happen to have hernias or other bone problems (sans Yuu)...They will be covering MERRY songs.

lineup:

Vo.ガラ (Gara) (MERRY) [lumbar hernia surgery completed]

Gt.結生 (Yuu) (MERRY) [healthy body]

Gt.BETCHI (THE冠 (Support), ex-FULLTRAP) [healthy body, "hernia reserve army"]

Ba.wu-chy (BPM13GROOVE, BATCAVE, オーラルヴァンパイア (oral vampire), etc.) [cervical hernia, lumbar hernia; treatment in progress]

Dr.HAL (ex-ARTEMA) [knee problems]

Gara birthday live setlists:

「ガラ生前葬」(第一部) (acoustic live):

1.喝采 (kassai) (ちあきなおみ (Chiaki Naomi))
2.アタシは捨て猫 (atashi wa suteneko) (MERRY)
3.時代 (jidai) (中島みゆき (Nakajima Miyuki))
4.ザァーザァー (zaa zaa) MERRY
5.COOKIE (尾崎豊 (Ozaki Yutaka))
6.SWAN (MERRY)

「浅田天国〜鋼鉄篇〜」(第二部) (HELLNEARS death metal covers):

1.千代田線デモクラシー (chiyudasen democracy)

2.絶望 (zetsubou)

3.ve-doro

4.平日の女 (heijitsu no onna)

5.傘と雨 (kasa to ame)

6.SCHWEIN (Dir en grey)

7.自意識過剰型木偶人間 (jiishiki kajougata deku ningen)

8.ジャパニーズモダニスト (japanese modernist)

9.消毒 (shodoku)

Encore:

1.CREATURE (PIERROT)

2.Friction XXXX

Spoiler

結生 (Yuu):

DEDs-w9VYAAIjJT.jpg

Yuu & BETCHI:

19762071_800131306831365_660239282886357

HAL:

19764928_112869552676285_214806610569487

14 minutes ago, sheepprincessgara said:

「浅田天国〜鋼鉄篇〜」(第二部) (HELLNEARS death metal covers):

1.千代田線デモクラシー (chiyudasen democracy)

2.絶望 (zetsubou)

3.ve-doro

4.平日の女 (heijitsu no onna)

5.傘と雨 (kasa to ame)

6.SCHWEIN (Dir en grey)

7.自意識過剰型木偶人間 (jiishiki kajougata deku ningen)

8.ジャパニーズモダニスト (japanese modernist)

9.消毒 (shodoku)

OMFG I NEED FOOTAGE OF CHIYODA LINE DEMOCRACY!! I mean, the original version is fun and all, but a death metal version would be, like, 1,000x better! I'd also really like to hear how they (at least tried to) make a death metal arrangement of 傘と雨. If this show was not recorded/filmed, a crime has been committed.

On 7/7/2017 at 3:59 AM, sheepprincessgara said:

Gara birthday live setlists:

「ガラ生前葬」(第一部) (acoustic live):

1.喝采 (kassai) (ちあきなおみ (Chiaki Naomi))
2.アタシは捨て猫 (atashi wa suteneko) (MERRY)
3.時代 (jidai) (中島みゆき (Nakajima Miyuki))
4.ザァーザァー (zaa zaa) MERRY
5.COOKIE (尾崎豊 (Ozaki Yutaka))
6.SWAN (MERRY)

Not gonna lie; I attended this and almost walked out. Gara got a monk to read scriptures for his 'death' and Gara himself thanked EACH AND EVERYONE OF THE ATTENDEES for attending his funeral and this went on for 60mins and then they showed videos of fake boowy, SMAP & kim jong un, etc congratulating him on his 'death' AND THEN they played the acoustic set. You see 6 songs above but the event ran for 2hours+ zzzzzzzzz

The 2nd set though, was ON-POINT. HAL, BETCHI and especially wu-chy were so proficient in their craft that and the songs were rearranged to be much more technical and engaging.  

29 minutes ago, sads123 said:

Not gonna lie; I attended this and almost walked out. Gara got a monk to read scriptures for his 'death' and Gara himself thanked EACH AND EVERYONE OF THE ATTENDEES for attending his funeral and this went on for 60mins and then they showed videos of fake boowy, SMAP & kim jong un, etc congratulating him on his 'death' AND THEN they played the acoustic set. You see 6 songs above but the event ran for 2hours+ zzzzzzzzz

LEGEND

30 minutes ago, sads123 said:

LMAO 

queen of overdramatization 👑👑👑

On 7/11/2017 at 8:24 PM, sads123 said:

That is brilliant actually. Incopirating heavy theatrics into live show are always be.

On 7/11/2017 at 4:24 PM, sads123 said:

fake boowy, SMAP & kim jong un, etc congratulating him on his 'death' 

when will your favs go the distance and pull shit like this?