raphael

Hey everywan.

I’ve been lurking for quite a while but finally decided to make an account. I just hope that I’ll actually get around to posting, I’m pretty shy.

I’ve been listening to VKei for over a decade (eleven years, to be technical), but my tastes as of late seemed to have jumped into a time machine; I used to be very diligent about keeping up with new or modern bands, but over the last couple years or so, I’ve been backtracking into more ~*old school*~ artists and I have a hard time keeping up with everything going on now. Which isn’t necessarily bad, I love what I listen to, but I’m hoping to find new stuff and expand my horizons yay etc. I found out about DADAROMA and MORRIGAN, bands I'm loving, from lurking around here, so I'm hopeful. 

Off the top of my head, some stuff I dig: Malice Mizer (because of course), AMADEUS, CANARY, Eliphas Levi, RENTRER EN SOI, NOi’X, Sleep My Dear, L’eprica, sibilebashir, Grieva, Madeth Gray'll, MIRAGE, UnsraW (RIP my sons), Gallo, MORE, sukekiyo, etc.

Outside of that, I like a lot of Japanese indie (new and old), v a p o r w a v e, metalcore and djent, hip-hop, jrock in general… it’s a mixed bag. 

But yeah! I look forward to seeing you guys around and actually interacting. B)

Edited by raphael

Welcome to  MH

VK fan for 11 years, wow thats been decades. Oh you'll get to know the other newer indie bands besides MORRIGAN & DADAROMA, and since you listen more to older indie bands, especially the ones that disband long time ago, thats great since you like listening to older & newer bands, metal core, j-rock, etc. yeah me too i kinda have the same taste as you since i also listen to older bands sometimes.

Enjoy your time and hope to see you around.

That icon tho.

Also welcome! If you're looking for more bands to get into feel free to browse the artists forum and also the monthly recommended tracks in the reviews forum.

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find a lot of users that share your taste in music!

What kind of vaporware do you like? I recently started listening to more of it and I'm always up for recommendations. ^^

Hey, thanks for all the welcome messages guys! And thanks for making me regret not signing up sooner, much appreciated. 

Spoiler
On 5/3/2017 at 10:59 AM, Peace Heavy mk II said:

perfect user icon tbh

On 5/3/2017 at 11:12 AM, tetsu_sama69 said:

That icon tho.

Thanks guys, I stressed over the icon thing for a super long time actually. Plz vote Yu~ki for best boy.

19 hours ago, CoolKill3rX said:

Sup shota, you never accepted me on skype ;)

but welcome.

Shhh bby is okay, I got you. I can’t believe I ran into you here, the internet is way too small.

2 hours ago, lichtlune said:

Our taste looks identical. Welcome. UnsraW were vkei legends imo.

YES oh my god, UnsraW was my oxygen in middle school. So many days angrily looking out the bus window with BLACK OUT on repeat. Also, we have super compatible on Last. fm , that’s a good sign. 

52 minutes ago, jaymee said:

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find a lot of users that share your taste in music!

What kind of vaporware do you like? I recently started listening to more of it and I'm always up for recommendations. ^^

Personally, I’m a big fan of mallsoft and vaportrap , but I have a disgusting amount of all kinds of vaporwave in my library. If you want, you can message me with some stuff you like, and maybe I can hook you up! 

Edited by raphael
what is formatting