Sign in to follow this  
kukew

Visual-kei springtime/summer songs

If this is topic way too specified/cheap please destroy it asap. Just wanted to contribute with something/too insecure about this atm since I've created similar topics b4.

Last morning in this springtime country, around 10:50AM, it was this kind of nice sunny day, was wearing lot of discreet sunscreen, lightweight clothing and ff hair. I was pennyboardin in the streets heading to the bus stop with the headphones on (which is dangerous since you can't hear the sounds of the world/car that is about to run over you) and then this DragonWAPPPPPPER's song started playing (38.7℃ラブサマー~灼熱love summer~) (shyena ver.) and it just felt really good, creating a feel trip of memories, jolliness and good spirits, yeah, that kinda song.

What are your favourite VK サマー songs? It's okay if it's not the happy-time-yay song.

http://pinterest.com/pin/310396599290940886/

ready 4 the summer

Edited by kukew

I think for summer/spring months I don't listen to visual kei that much, so most songs I relate to these seasons are not to be posted here I guess. But two songs that reminds me of summer/spring:

Edited by Takadanobabaalien

I have entire playlists resorted to specific times of the year or day, so I'll just share a few of my favorites

CATFIST's entire disco..... they give me these weirdly nostalgic vibes that make me happy and remind me of summer?

CRY:RELOAD gives me the most summery feels but it isn't on youtube ://

Spoiler

oh, plus their LIMITED COLLECTIONS album cover... it's so nice and calming

70726f647563742f636663643030362e6a706700

i've got a huge list for you for those summer feels; happy, bittersweet, nostalgia, etc.

listing some examples from @emmny's post and basically most of the oshare kei stuff i listened to back in the day

(some videos might be louder than others)

Spoiler

kei's nostalgic guitar notes and playing style is basically everything you need for those summer feels

and here we have it again in his solo project

and ofc, in kannivalism too

i listened to these guys a lot while out in the fields (yeah that sounds kinda lame...) so the summer vibes are especially strong for me

imagine sitting alone on a river bank as you watch the sun set...

SORRY i get so carried away when i make lists!! i shall stop now.... >_<

Edited by plastic_rainbow

Anything by BAISER!!! :) Yukari just sounds so happy even when the song itself sounds kinda dark, idk. Definitely goes with my definition for summer!

Spoiler

Psycho le Cemu's Ai no Uta is very summery. Their cover of Roman Hikou too, but that's cheating.

Spoiler

SPRING

Plastic Tree - "Harusaki Sentimental"

I love this song mostly for the lyrics, as the melody can get a bit repetitive and the video isn't much. The way Ryutaro sings the line "Under this tree, I'll bury everything I held dear." gets me right in the feels every time.

Spoiler

Janne Da Arc - "Sakura"

This one also hits me right in the feels. Also "Furimukeba..." is another spring song of theirs.

Spoiler

Raphael - "Sakura"

Spoiler

BUCK-TICK - "Sakura"

Noticing a theme here?

Spoiler

cali≠gari - "Haru no Hi"

They also have other songs for summer and winter. :)

Spoiler

L'Arc~en~Ciel - "Flower"

Pretty mainstream spring song, not only exclusive to the VK genre.

Spoiler

SINCREA - "Sakura ga Maichiru Kisetsu ni Kimi ga Yume Mita Koto"

Spoiler

Others include GLAY's "Haru no Aisuru Hito", DaizyStripper's "Harumeku Bokura", Kagrra's "Shigatsu Tsuitachi", irokui's "Sakura Seven", etc.

SUMMER

BUCK-TICK - "Gessekai"

June is the month of hydrangeas in bloom, so this BUCK-TICK song that starts off "Red, yellow sunflowers; orange, ultramarine hydrangeas" is one I like to listen to on summer late-night drives.

Spoiler

BUCK-TICK "Kagerou"

Lots of summer imagery in the lyrics and PV, especially the first line that begins, "smeared lipstick, a midsummer's night dream, may flies take flight, yearning for love". Like cherry blossoms, mayflies' short lives represent the transience of the summer seasons and a passionate love affair.

Spoiler

Janne Da Arc's "DOLLS"

Lots of beach imagery/summer break-up imagery. Seems like their label took the original PV down, so I'm posting this live version. (I was at this concert, too, so this live version of brings back old memories. :D)  "Seed" and "Ueta Taiyou" are other summer songs of theirs that are really good.

Spoiler

SEX-ANDROID - "Natsuiro Sadistic"

This one is popular with quite a few Japanese VK fans.

Spoiler

SID - "Natsukoi"

The title "Summer Love" pretty much says it all.

Spoiler

La Cryma Christi - "Tsuki no Mabuta"

Summer drive, summer love, the beach, etc.

Spoiler

Dir en grey - "Taiyou no Ao"

Pretty much a Japanese summer VK staple.

Spoiler

An Cafe - "SUMMER DIVE"

Either this one or "Natsukoi☆Natsu".

Spoiler

This is getting long again so others... MUCC's "Hanabi" or PIERROT's "Shinkei ni Wareru Atsui Yoru". Personally I like to listen to L'Arc~en~Ciel's "Driver's High" and Malice Mizer's "Ma Cherie" (shooting star imagery and melody reminds me of summer/Tanabata).

Edited by jaymee

I like to play Fumikiri Shoujo while driving in the summer. It's so upbeat despite being quite dark (ahh but non-Japanese speakers won't know)

Edited by AimiGen7

undisputed true vk summer anthem coming thru

Sign in to follow this